Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    id be the opposite of a load of people and prefer to look up setlists before i head to a concert so i can make a playlist of the songs and get too knw the songs

Never heard 'Double Talkin Jive' before and starting to really like the song

I can understand this to a point. Though didn't have to do it for GN'R as I know their stuff front to back, back to front, Chinese Democracy included.

Also how have you never heard Double Talkin Jive before?

Ah that's a short gap for a gnr album sure last one took 15 years lol

I was hoping that announcement last week would be for a new album. The wait for GN'R album #7 goes on a little bit longer :pac:
    I'm thinking they might release a box set when this tour is done(whenever that is!?), and then call it quits.

Tour wraps in November I think, they surely can't keep touring on the hits forever?
    Would love for them to record a version of Black Hole Sun. Could hear them signing it from the campsite Friday evening when enjoying a few drinks and it sounded great.

If they ever did a covers album similar to The Spaghetti Incident. Black Hole Sun would definitely have to be on it, was a classy thing the band did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Was never a huge fan of double talkin jive myself. In fact there's a few on illusion 1 that I could take or leave. Give me illusion 2 any day with estranged, civil war and yesterday's leading the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Pink11 wrote:
    bought a ticket to London today. I can't get Slane off my mind. Band is on fire. Best live act

If I come into a few euro over the next while, I'll definitely be trying to get to see them again! Hubby is stuck to YouTube since we came home on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Was at AC/DC in Punchestown couple of years back. Rained a fair bit that day. But didn't make a bit of difference (I thought). Bring a poncho if worried about rain.
    Good man flasher300. I was also at that AC/DC Punchestown gig, and it rained that day and during the concert, but it was also (same as G n’ R) a phenomenal gig. Everybody had a great time and the band were amazing. AC/DC had a big elongated stage where the catwalk came out well into the pit (almost to the end of the pit). It was raining steady during many songs but Angus came out onto that catwalk and went up in the cherry picker lift and was doing his solos in the pouring rain with the spotlight picking him out against the gloom. Loads of people said to me that looked amazing and were recording it. That photo image of Angus playing away silhouetted in the spotlight with the rain coming down on him was my avatar for a couple of years. Its an image that I’ll always remember - Angus not afraid to go for it and go out and get wet in the rain, just like his manic fans! Also, for family reasons my mate bailed out on me that day and I went on my own, but met people on the bus and we were having the craic, they gave me some of their cans on the bus and I ended up staying with them for the gig. Rock crowds are a friendly bunch! So glad, I got to see AC/DC with Malcolm Young and Phil Rudd.

What a gig last Saturday, if it was on again this Saturday, I’d be there again like a shot, rain or shine! (but park my car in Navan this time!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

Post number 666

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

steveshort wrote: »
    Post number 666

Ha Ha, well spotted, took me a couple of mins to get what you meant. Angus' horned character would approve!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Pink11 wrote: »
    bought a ticket to London today. I can't get Slane off my mind. Band is on fire. Best live act

Are there still tickets available for London?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also how have you never heard Double Talkin Jive before?

Cause he's got no more patience

You dig?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Seve OB wrote: »
    Cause he's got no more patience

You dig?

Haaaaaaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Haaaaaaa

Jeysus I'm so raging I didn't get to go on Saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Seve OB wrote: »
    Jeysus I'm so raging I didn't get to go on Saturday :(

Ya missed one hell of a performance by Guns. The(almost)entire set by them is up on YouTube now.

For a 2 man band, Royal Blood were pretty good prior to GN'R on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

veganrun wrote: »
    Are there still tickets available for London?

I think it's sold out but I got one off a mate at work who was selling it.

Have a look around online, bet you'll pick up some tickets between now and then. People unable to go last minute etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    For a 2 man band, Royal Blood were pretty good prior to GN'R on Saturday.

The Beebrock thread tells me they're on Jools Holland this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

What a super concert at Slane. Loved every second of it. We camped so no issues with traffic jams. Just bought tickets this morning for the Stade De France gig in July. Ticket prices are a lot more reasonable on the continent and don't get me started on the way we get screwed for booking fees. Only €1.45 per ticket in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Royal Blood were amazing, I don't think they're the 2nd coming of Led Zep like their fans think...but they are very good and did a great job at Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

After Slane, lots of people looking into getting a second Guns gig in on this Euro tour. As of yesterday, I'm going to London :D

Heard a rumour Adler is planning a return once again on the American tour dates later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Looking into Munich because a mate lives there ... standing tickets all sold out though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Anyone looking at London, I kept chancing my arm on ticketmaster everyday and managed to get a standing ticket for Saturday. They were available for a couple of hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

in work listening to Axl butcher Coma from Slane!!

He has an emergency technique to preserve his voice by hitting the same notes with little or no power ...sounds horrendous but if it get's him a few more years!

James hetfield is the same he had to essentially start singing properly or retire!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Honestly the videos don't do him justice.
    He can still rip the sh*te out of the songs.
    I was well on my way when coma came on but I remember trying to sing the whole thing and nearly falling over by the end.
    It takes some going to belt that thing out at full whack :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anyone looking at London, I kept chancing my arm on ticketmaster everyday and managed to get a standing ticket for Saturday. They were available for a couple of hours

Do what i did for Slane, go on Viagogo and Seatwave, you'll find that in the 3/4 days leading up to the gig ticket prices will drop.....a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 38,091 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i will be so pissed off if they dont do Patience at London 1 in 2 weeks. The other night they done
    Sorry and Dont Cry
    in its place

its one of my favourite GNR songs and they didnt do it in 2010 or 2012 and Slash didnt do it when i saw him in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

i will be so pissed off if they dont do Patience at London 1 in 2 weeks.

If they are rotating sets as in they play the Slane set tonight it's likely that will be London 2 I'm
    "Sorry"
    to say that replaced There was a Time btw.

Lisbon set-list

It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome To The Jungle
    Double Talkin' Jive
    Better
    Estranged
    Live and Let Die
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
    This I Love
    Civil War
    Black Hole Sun
    Coma
    Band Intros
    Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
    Out Ta Get Me
    Wish You Were Here
    Layla/November Rain
    Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    Nightrain

Encore:
    Jam - Sweet Melissa
    Patience
    Whole Lotta Rosie
    Paradise City

• Registered Users Posts: 38,091 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder is Black Hole Sun going to be a permanent addition for this leg of the tour ???

I'd take that setlist in London

Well their 4 shows into their European tour, so yeah I'd say it's staying put for this leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What time does Orbital hit the stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

What time does Orbital hit the stage.

Forbidden Fruit thread that way -> :D

Advertisement