Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses European Tour 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Was at Slane, got there about 12, into the pub until half 3/4 walked into an near half full field, got up to the slopes in front of the VIP stand, perfect view, perfect sound, watched back over my recordings, music and visual display were in perfect sync, walked up to the bar twice for refills, no bother getting a pint within 5 minutes, left just as Paradise City was starting, mile walk to the buses, everything easily identifiable, on the bus in no time, back to O'Connell Street in an hour, time for a coupla pints on the way home.

Gig brought back a lot of fond memories for me during my teens thus watched most of the gig with tears in my eyes... decided to head to London for the Saturday gig. More than likely the last chance to ever see them live again. Free accom in London helping the finances too.

For those moaning, you obviously decided you wanted access to the bar/food/ jacks over experiencing a great gig up the front, boodles of space. Was your call, deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Thanks to all the good comments I'm delighted I picked up a ticket for the 2nd London show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

pooman wrote: »
    Was at Slane, got there about 12, into the pub until half 3/4 walked into an near half full field, got up to the slopes in front of the VIP stand, perfect view, perfect sound, watched back over my recordings, music and visual display were in perfect sync, walked up to the bar twice for refills, no bother getting a pint within 5 minutes, left just as Paradise City was starting, mile walk to the buses, everything easily identifiable, on the bus in no time, back to O'Connell Street in an hour, time for a coupla pints on the way home.

Gig brought back a lot of fond memories for me during my teens thus watched most of the gig with tears in my eyes... decided to head to London for the Saturday gig. More than likely the last chance to ever see them live again. Free accom in London helping the finances too.

For those moaning, you obviously decided you wanted access to the bar/food/ jacks over experiencing a great gig up the front, boodles of space. Was your call, deal with it.

Most people at the back only arrived after it started. We stayed further back as we'd missed nearly a third of the set and thought it would pointless pushing through to the front as we'd have wasted more time doing that than watching. I suspect others were the same but how the **** would people have known there was space considering how late they were.

I thought it was a poor experience, didn't really get to see or hear enough to really comment on the performance but it appears anyone who didn't have some sort of spiritual experience at slane is a moaner :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

It started at what 3pm and Guns n Roses were on at 8.
    More than enough time to plan getting there on time ish and to find a spot up near the front.

We arrived around 4 and had no trouble getting to where we thought was a decent spot for viewing just across from the stands, without being obscured b the backs of people heads (girlfriend wouldn't be the tallest)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

nikkibikki wrote: »
    There wasn't any space nearer the top, believe me! My sister was at the back and said there was loadsa room.

We arrived aaround 5:30ish, went to the red bar, then walked into main arena, there was some sort of lane which ha d a traffic light on but that was closed, walked around the wall there into main and it was rammed, shoulder to shoulder stuff.
    We just kept ploughing through, then after about 100 yards it miraculously cleared out, for the whole gig there was a huge area where we could hold our outstretched arms out and turn and not hit anyone, went to get beers in middle of set, 50yards behind us was still rammed :confused::confused:

Guessing people got to that point and thought no point in going further as would be more packed the further they went, great news for us so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They'd probably be getting ready to go on stage in Bilbao about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They'd probably be getting ready to go on stage in Bilbao about now.

wonder if any periscope up?

scudzilla wrote: »
    wonder if any periscope up?

Nothing in the show thread on MYGNR anyways, Prostitute was sound checked. So that'll probably make an appearance..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Their official instagram is doing some live streams from Bilbao

Set from Bilbao so far..

It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Double Talkin' Jive
    Better
    Estranged
    Live and Let Die
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
    This I Love
    Civil War
    Black Hole Sun
    Coma
    Slash Solo
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    My Michelle
    Wish You Were Here/Layla
    November Rain
    Only Women Bleed/Knockin On Heavens Door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Set from Bilbao so far..

It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    Double Talkin' Jive
    Better
    Estranged
    Live and Let Die
    Rocket Queen
    You Could Be Mine
    You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
    This I Love
    Civil War
    Black Hole Sun
    Coma
    Slash Solo
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    My Michelle
    Wish You Were Here/Layla
    November Rain
    Only Women Bleed/Knockin On Heavens Door

Think it's been the same pretty much the entire tour - including America etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Think it's been the same pretty much the entire tour - including America etc

It has kind of but already they've made a few switches we got New Rose instead of Attitude at Slane, My Michelle also replaced Out Ta Get Me, Sorry replaced Patience & Don't Cry replaced There Was A Time it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I decided not to go after, my mate said from the start of the day that he wouldn't enjoy the gig if it was raining heavy. I said to wait until 3 or 4pm and see what the weather was doing, he still wasn't budging. Looking at the videos on Youtube now I'm feeling regret, it looks like the rain moved away before GnR came on and the atmosphere looked great. I'm strongly thinking about going to see them in the Netherlands or the US.

He did that deliberately lol!!! People are reading waaaay too much into things. Things are fine between Axl & Slash. Some guy either on this thread or the other one in R&M saying that things are "forced" between the two of them, is just making s**t up!!!

People like gossip and drama. Things are probably not anymore forced than they are between any guys that work together or are close friends even. I've went on holidays with good friends and felt like killing them after three days. I'd imagine touring which is basically a giant working holiday can takes it's toll, there's also the weather factor, those guys were probably cold even though it would seem warm to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Seanachai wrote: »
    I decided not to go after, my mate said from the start of the day that he wouldn't enjoy the gig if it was raining heavy. I said to wait until 3 or 4pm and see what the weather was doing, he still wasn't budging. Looking at the videos on Youtube now I'm feeling regret, it looks like the rain moved away before GnR came on and the atmosphere looked great. I'm strongly thinking about going to see them in the Netherlands or the US.
    How come you didn't go on your own if your mate doesn't like rain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Is this a one off European tour they are doing? Just wondering if there's any chance they will be back in the next year or two. Didn't have a ticket but from reading the reviews I kinda wish I had got my act together and bought one.

Goreme wrote: »
    How come you didn't go on your own if your mate doesn't like rain?

He's a good friend that I don't see that often, I work in the rain sometimes so I'm not frightened of rain lol :P I just don't enjoy watching gigs in it, I do feel like a bit of a sap for not taking a risk though, seeing as it seems like it stopped in the evening. Was there any rain at all while they were playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭XsApollo

No rain , I don't remember any anyway.
    Not that it would of mattered.
    Wasn't windy or cold and Guns were owning Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

XsApollo wrote: »
    No rain , I don't remember any anyway.
    Not that it would of mattered.
    Wasn't windy or cold and Guns were owning Slane.

There was November rain :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Was there any rain at all while they were playing?

Not a hint of rain while they were on. I was actually surprised at how little the ground churned up inside the venue, seeing as the weather was biblical all morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Not a hint of rain while they were on. I was actually surprised at how little the ground churned up inside the venue, seeing as the weather was biblical all morning!
    on the steeper parts of the hill it looks like there was a right amount of sand on the ground to act as a bit of a stabiliser or water soakage.
    The grass was also let grow fairly long if you noticed that.
    I also think there looked like drainage channels in the ground too

From an article back in 2007, they did indeed drain and reseed the venue to stop the ground churning up badly
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/sun-shone-for-stones-25-years-ago-but-some-said-they-were-past-it-1.955746

Le Bruise wrote: »

I'm glad it was good for the people that went, it makes my guts churn to read this though. I'm going to try and follow them somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Still waiting on my London tickets,no slip left if it was dhl were delivering and I missed it.not going myself now but friends are taking the tickets and would like to give them the tickets before they fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I'm glad it was good for the people that went, it makes my guts churn to read this though. I'm going to try and follow them somewhere else.

Your friend sounds like he's been hanging around with Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez for too long. Proper diva.
    Was at AC/DC in Punchestown couple of years back. Rained a fair bit that day. But didn't make a bit of difference (I thought). Bring a poncho if worried about rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

bought a ticket to London today. I can't get Slane off my mind. Band is on fire. Best live act

I really wish they'd they'd release a new album, coming up on 9 years since Chinese Democracy was released, but I'm thinking what'd be the point, they're raking it in where it really matters, with the touring and the merchandise being sold at gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

I really wish they'd they'd release a new album, coming up on 9 years since Chinese Democracy was released, but I'm thinking what'd be the point, they're raking it in where it really matters, with the touring and the merchandise being sold at gigs.

Ah that's a short gap for a gnr album sure last one took 15 years lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm thinking they might release a box set when this tour is done(whenever that is!?), and then call it quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Would love for them to record a version of Black Hole Sun. Could hear them signing it from the campsite Friday evening when enjoying a few drinks and it sounded great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,091 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

id be the opposite of a load of people and prefer to look up setlists before i head to a concert so i can make a playlist of the songs and get too knw the songs

Never heard 'Double Talkin Jive' before and starting to really like the song

Advertisement