Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Cbm27 wrote: »
    How's everyone feeling about the IST is getting close?

Just trying to do practise ones online I can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Cbm27 wrote: »
    How's everyone feeling about the IST is getting close?

Super nervous, part of me just wants it out of the way. But I need more practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Much better feeling about the IST. Actually think this year is the easier year. When practicing time is the killer for me. Roll on next week to see if we get a date.

takodah wrote: »
    Much better feeling about the IST. Actually think this year is the easier year. When practicing time is the killer for me. Roll on next week to see if we get a date.

I'm actually at the stage I want it over now. All the practising and waiting is killing me.

Slo85 wrote: »

I'm actually at the stage I want it over now. All the practising and waiting is killing me.

I know what you mean. I’d rather know if I’m waiting or I’m out. The not knowing is worse lol

• Advertisement

I know what you mean. I’d rather know if I’m waiting or I’m out. The not knowing is worse lol

That's exactly it. I want to know either way haha. Wonder how long they will keep us waiting for the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

I havent even looked at any practice ones , Iv done the IST part a few times before so hoping its just the same idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

applications for the reasonable adjustment closes on the 15th of nov so i guess we will get emails by 16th-20th

FinalTry32 wrote: »

I havent even looked at any practice ones , Iv done the IST part a few times before so hoping its just the same idea.

This is my first time and I've no idea as to what to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

How do you guys and girls, think they will mark the IST?

Is there a set amount of questions that you need to get correct?

Or will they get everyone’s scores and whoever is above the average score will pass?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 10,000 - 15,000 have applied.

• Advertisement

If you’ve been doing practice ones then you’ll be grand , Iv done PSNI, Civil Services and Prison Services ones previously and they werent overly difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

KN1231999 wrote: »
    applications for the reasonable adjustment closes on the 15th of nov so i guess we will get emails by 16th-20th

That would make too much sense lol

Or will they get everyone’s scores and whoever is above the average score will pass?

Previously there has been a pass mark .. Cant recall what it was though last time I did the IST , id you get above the pass mark then you will get an AC place

IST is just a herd thinning exercise. Just practice and you'll be fine

Much better feeling about the IST. Actually think this year is the easier year. When practicing time is the killer for me. Roll on next week to see if we get a date

If you’ve been doing practice ones then you’ll be grand , Iv done PSNI, Civil Services and Prison Services ones previously and they werent overly difficult.

I've did those ones too as well as the ones online for o2 and Tesco lol. Some are a lot more difficult than others and then I get into a fluster with the time. Suppose no one knows what to expect this year with it changing and there being no maths. No idea how they will score it and what percentage will be a pass.

IST is just a herd thinning exercise. Just practice and you'll be fine

I've heard that in previous campaigns it could take the number from 7000 applying down to 1750-2000 for A:C

Much better feeling about the IST. Actually think this year is the easier year. When practicing time is the killer for me. Roll on next week to see if we get a date

I've did those ones too as well as the ones online for o2 and Tesco lol. Some are a lot more difficult than others and then I get into a fluster with the time. Suppose no one knows what to expect this year with it changing and there being no maths. No idea how they will score it and what percentage will be a pass.

Yeah the time thing was always a factor! I didnt even know that there was no maths, You learn something new everyday!!

Yeah the time thing was always a factor! I didnt even know that there was no maths, You learn something new everyday!!

It's just verbal reasoning and situational judgement this time.

To my knowledge; this time is the first they are doing situational judgement. (Loads of online practice tests) no one knows what the pass mark will be. It is a ”herd thinner” so practice is right.

More than likely I hope to pass and aim to be in the 300+ mark of people with my score. I will do better in the other stages I just need this out of the way.

Why are people focusing on this magic number 300?

The article said 300 by summer not 300 total.

• Advertisement

Realistically do you think they will have 300 by the summer?

There's no way the merit list won't be exhausted by June lol

I mean in terms of the thousands of people who will sit and be ranked on the IST. not about the number of officers.

I mean in terms of the thousands of people who will sit and be ranked on the IST. not about the number of officers.

Just do as best you can. What you put in you get out.

If you put in 50% you're only gonna get 50% out aren't you.

If you want it. Go for it.

It's about playing a game and playing it well. It literally doesn't matter the number that has applied

Also start getting fit now.

You don't want to wade through all this ****e and then fall down on the one thing that you know you can do. Plus if you start now it's less effort.

Also start getting fit now.

You don't want to wade through all this ****e and then fall down on the one thing that you know you can do. Plus if you start now it's less effort.

You any recommendations for getting fitter?

Spin classes. Are the most convenient for cardiovascular fitness.

Look at the PCA video look at what they are doing and do relevent exercises. Yes you are gonna have to find a wall to climb.

You don't have to be super fit.
    The girl in the PCA does that course in 1 min 15 seconds at a comfortable pace....

Look at the PCA video look at what they are doing and do relevent exercises. Yes you are gonna have to find a wall to climb.

The girl in the PCA does that course in 1 min 15 seconds at a comfortable pace....

Correction she does a lap at 1 min 15 secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

Hi
    Can anyone PM with any sites they are using for practice IST tests.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

I do go to the gym but it's all weights I do lol. Time to up the cardio.

Advertisement