Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Just pointing out that they cant if anyone thought they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

takodah wrote: »
    redsox101 wrote: »
    I'd like to know how and at what stage you are place in to the categories of religion, race and sexual orientation ect. As I don't recall it asking in the app other than at the equality and monitoring section which like all jobs is supposed to be anonymous.

Just to clarify to those who think it’s like the old “50/50” recruitment. IT IS NOT. just because you come from Certian demographic does not mean “you are more likely to get in”. The psni only want to attract more people from those backgrounds. That’s it. If you pass all stages, you pass all stages. You don’t get bumped up for being a woman, gay or catholic. If you fail all stages you fail. They simply want more applicants from
    Those backgroundsNo advantage.

My sarcasm was clearly missed! For the record on the previous occasions that I've applied 50:50 was active and made no difference to me as a "Underrepresented." I'd be of the opinion it's the right person for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Banterbus you melt my head are you never wrong no?

Omg chill out I was just pointing out that there is no positive discrimination in case anyone thought there was....

And I like to play devil's advocate. Sorry not sorry

• Advertisement

Stop taking everything to heart/literally/or seeing an opinion which contradicts your own as a personal attack.

You will be in court one day, you will be cross examined, and barristers aren't gonna be nice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Cmon everyone. No need to argue over petty things with one another, we're meant to positively encourage each other, at the end of the day we could be colleagues in the future.

All in the same boat guys. This is a free space to say whatever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Cmon everyone. No need to argue over petty things with one another, we're meant to positively encourage each other, at the end of the day we could be colleagues in the future.
    Yep - I try not to step on anyones toes - you never know when you might need a shift covered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

takodah wrote: »
    I'd like to know how and at what stage you are place in to the categories of religion, race and sexual orientation ect. As I don't recall it asking in the app other than at the equality and monitoring section which like all jobs is supposed to be anonymous.

Just to clarify to those who think it’s like the old “50/50” recruitment. IT IS NOT. just because you come from Certian demographic does not mean “you are more likely to get in”. The psni only want to attract more people from those backgrounds. That’s it. If you pass all stages, you pass all stages. You don’t get bumped up for being a woman, gay or catholic. If you fail all stages you fail. They simply want more applicants from
    Those backgroundsNo advantage.

My sarcasm was clearly missed! For the record on the previous occasions that I've applied 50:50 was active and made no difference to me as a "Underrepresented." I'd be of the opinion it's the right person for the job.

Hi redsox

Yeah it’s hard to tell sarcasm through text. Apologies for that but overall good to debate stuff out on the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Marsh93

Going to apply last minute and see if I get any idea of the numbers applying with the Candidate No. I'm given.... might not make a difference... I've been keeping an eye since it opened but waiting to Friday until I apply... might be stupid but it won't make any odds regardless... nervous about the IST... everything else is out of our hands....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Marsh93 wrote: »
    Going to apply last minute and see if I get any idea of the numbers applying with the Candidate No. I'm given.... might not make a difference... I've been keeping an eye since it opened but waiting to Friday until I apply... might be stupid but it won't make any odds regardless... nervous about the IST... everything else is out of our hands....

Just remember it closes at noon, not the end of business hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

any preparation tips guys for new ist or any links

NiK9 wrote: »

haha I had a bad thought about this happening or actually just forgetting to apply and remembering on the night.... (imagine......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

NiK9 wrote: »

haha I had a bad thought about this happening or actually just forgetting to apply and remembering on the night.... (imagine......)

Haha you'd be kicking yourself if that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Let's hope there's no power cuts or internet issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

I'd rather just do it asap in case something prevented me from applying. I was on the computer at 9am on the Monday the applications opened.

You can do it on your phone no bother

Also, just catching up on the cheating conversation... Yeah... I suppose you could get someone to sit your online IST exam and thats great. Hopefully they are just as good as you are suppose to be and that they also make no mistakes... So yes thats ok... but what do you do when you attend the AC and have to sit a supervised one? Pray to god? As nobody else will help you... cheat if you want... who can stop you? nobody.... but you're the one thats going to suffer in the other test and you might hit pot luck and do very well... if so... hats off to you... BUT .............. don't be a c^&t.... :D

Also, just catching up on the cheating conversation... Yeah... I suppose you could get someone to sit your online IST exam and thats great. Hopefully they are just as good as you are suppose to be and that they also make no mistakes... So yes thats ok...  but what do you when you attend the AC and have to sit a supervised one? Pray to god? As nobody else will help you... cheat if you want... who can stop you? nobody.... but you're the one thats going to suffer in the other test and you might hit pot luck and do very well... if so... hats off to you...  BUT .............. don't be a c^&t....   :D
    If you have to cheat to pass the IST, then you won't stand much chance in the AC.

• Advertisement

NornIron74 wrote: »
    If you have to cheat to pass the IST, then you won't stand much chance in the AC.

Apologies, maybe I'm going against the grain here.... just being real...

Apologies, maybe I'm going against the grain here.... just being real...

100% agree.

I also believe if you get caught cheating then you should be barred from applying again for a set period of time or forever.

If you think cheating is ok, what else do you think is ok?

Ok, I think its time to apply... I nearly forgot.... 48 mins to close lol

Application submitted... best of luck to everyone

Ok, I think its time to apply... I nearly forgot.... 48 mins to close lol
    That could have went badly wrong lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

Good luck everyone.

Any one else going to any classes to prepare?

A mate of mine got the call. Makes me want it more.... **** yes guys let's do this

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

what classes?

That could have went badly wrong lol

Tell me about it.... I had a mini stroke when it came into my head haha

• Advertisement

A mate of mine got the call. Makes me want it more.... **** yes guys let's do this

Imagine that feeling when you hear them words.....

Advertisement