Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2016/17 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭highdef

As has previously been stated, anyone saying 'here' should clarify where 'here' is, cos it doesn't show on mobiles.

I'm on a mobile and it shows fine on mine. Says you are in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

highdef wrote: »
    I'm on a mobile and it shows fine on mine. Says you are in Limerick.

It doesn't show on the touch site

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

38qQlLr.png

ymGDEvd.png

kCYiA01.gif

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It doesn't show on the touch site

Ah, I just use the regular boards.ie site so that I never have that problem. The touch version you refer to.... I wonder why is missing a feature that the regular version has. Seems a bit backward to me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

Waiting for a dry day to put out the lambs for the last 10 days to no avail. Can't see a dry day in the forecast either....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭kingshankly

As has previously been stated, anyone saying 'here' should clarify where 'here' is, cos it doesn't show on mobiles.

Switch to desktop and you will see where everyone is from

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Switch to desktop and you will see where everyone is from

I don't know how you could manage desktop on mobile, it's almost unusable.

I've no problem at all with it... And as a bonus it is exactly the same as when on a laptop so no differences in layout and options.

I think that it's up to you to use the desktop version if you wish to see a person's location as it is an option for you to do so. The onus should not be on the poster to type extra words into every weather report post just to convenience those that refuse to use a version of boards that will display a person's location automatically,assuming the poster actually has entered his or her location into the profile of course

Why not? God help the poor person having to type a few extra letters. Only reason you wouldn't say your location is just to be pure awkward (assuming you didn't forget)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

what if ya lived in Newtownmountkennedy?

Mr Bumble wrote: »

Then surely you'd use whatever nickname the locals use ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

or worse....Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

or worse....Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
    or llanfairpg as the locals call it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The weather is broken! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Would love to see spring arriving soon but unfortunately not much signs of it. I'm thankful the winter has been benign but it would be nice to get a few days of brightness now. Pretty horrible weekend weather wise here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Co Wicklow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We all knew this was coming after the dry winter. I see the UK Met office forecast is hinting at colder weather well into March. Typical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We all knew this was coming after the dry winter. I see the UK Met office forecast is hinting at colder weather well into March. Typical!

No problem with the cold but I'd sooner have a nice lazy HP and 5c than what's coming that's for sure. What do they say? March, in like a lion out like a lamb.

My location is displayed in my profile for all to see. If a user does not want to use a version of boards that shows that, I shouldn't have to type extra text for his or her benefit. If you want to know a person's location, use the desktop version, even if it's just for the weather forums. Use the app version for everything else if the desktop version is not your first preference. It's your decision to use a version that doesn't display the person's location. You have a choice to use another version.

"God help the poor person having to type a few extra letters".... God help the person who can't use the desktop version to see a person's location because he or she thinks it's to much effort to use a different version.

However I do think it's silly that the location is not displayed in the app version.... Something the developers need to work on.

Sorry for dragging the thread off topic but some people want everything done for them because they're too lazy to do the work themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

highdef wrote: »
    My location is displayed in my profile for all to see. If a user does not want to use a version of boards that shows that, I shouldn't have to type extra text for his or her benefit. If you want to know a person's location, use the desktop version, even if it's just for the weather forums. Use the app version for everything else if the desktop version is not your first preference. It's your decision to use a version that doesn't display the person's location. You have a choice to use another version.

"God help the poor person having to type a few extra letters".... God help the person who can't use the desktop version to see a person's location because he or she thinks it's to much effort to use a different version.

However I do think it's silly that the location is not displayed in the app version.... Something the developers need to work on.

Sorry for dragging the thread off topic but some people want everything done for them because they're too lazy to do the work themselves.

OK

OldRio. Leitrim.

OldRio wrote: »
    OK

OldRio. Leitrim.

But I can see your location already. No need for you to put in the extra work. Let the lazy ones do it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

The mobile version of boards is sh1te...Always use the desktop version on my phone and it works for me just fine:)....Laois 126m asl

Mod Note Need to move on and get back on topic guys. Thanks.

Tues starting to look windy now especially in the NW and W from a NW airflow.

Potential for more warnings.

Makes a change from the bland weather we've had all winter at least.

30.2mm recorded today, more than double the last highest daily rainfall I recorded.

Todays rainfalls makes up 33% of the months total rainfall, and brings the month of February to be wetter than the month of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

It's flippin snow....sorry too cold to go out in slippers on way to bed!!
    South Sligo 160m asl.

Was out with the dog a short while ago. Very light rain outside. Didn't feel that cold either. When I got back in, I checked the Thermometer and it was saying 3.1. I doubt any decent precip will reach these parts anyway but even if it does I reckon it'll be rain or sleet at best,even though I'm at almost 100m all.

No hope for the Dublin dwellers anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Seems to be sleet coming down every hour here in NW Donegal.

Advertisement