Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BruteStock wrote: »
    Ive seen all 90 mins worth of leaks and it has nothing to do with any of that. People will understand what all the fuss is about when they play the game.

It surely can't be as bad as the FFVII Remake ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,625 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It surely can't be as bad as the FFVII Remake ending?

If it's anything like that ending, I'm gonna love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

OK, I haven't read the leaks but after those trailers I really cannot wait for this game. It has been far too long. PLayed through TLOU again a few weeks ago and still great.

If it turns out to be sh1te so be it, but I want to make that decision myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

C'mon lads SJW warning tags with trailers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Where to purchase from? Amazon be best bet with the current restrictions on physical stores?

Incredible trailer, cannot wait to get stuck into this, looks tense as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Comments are turned off and there's no Like/Dislike ratio. Thank god.

Game is looking incredible. HOW MANY WEEKS??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have to say the trailer impressed me even after knowing the outcomes of the story.

I might just buy it on launch.

Still interested to see how the game lands with fans after all the drama of the past week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭shawki

mutley18 wrote: »
    Where to purchase from? Amazon be best bet with the current restrictions on physical stores?

I preordered from Gamestop because I got Final Fantasy 7 early.

Hoping the same will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,398 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I have to say the trailer impressed me even after knowing the outcomes of the story.

Still interested to see how the game lands with fans after all the drama of the past week.

The drama will have little-to-no impact at all. The vast majority who were going to buy it will still buy it, I'd say a good percentage of those might no even know about "the drama", and some people might buy it begrudgingly because they want to play the game anyway regardless of story.

Some might not buy it, and that's their choice, but I'm betting they're a very vocal minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is Smyths the cheapest place to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Fans will buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Is Smyths the cheapest place to get this?

Seems to be. Unless the likes of Supervalu have it on release day, they might be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Can someone explain in a very non spoilers way what's wrong with the story in this, I've avoided all leaks but it has me worried. Loved the first, don't care at all that Ellie is gay, how can they possibly turn last of us world into preachy sjw ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can someone explain in a very non spoilers way what's wrong with the story in this, I've avoided all leaks but it has me worried. Loved the first, don't care at all that Ellie is gay, how can they possibly turn last of us world into preachy sjw ****.

There is no way to explain in a non-spoiler way.

It's just crap (my opinion) and the reason I feel that way has absolutely zero to race/religion/sexuality.

That stuff in games doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I've avoided just about all the leaks and spoilers - I did see one line which seems to give away a key moment, but if true it's not all that shocking to me and I didn't see any great detail about it.

Apart from that I've missed all the videos and spoilers, and this outrage is all a bit mad to me when I have no context to it. I've seen alot of talk about agendas and politics etc, and I could care less about all that tbh. Even if I don't like how the story pans out, I'm still going to buy on day 1 and see how it unfolds myself. ND have bought enough good will with me with the quality of their games to warrant me buying it and playing through it regardless of any "controversy".

From the trailers and what little (official) gameplay I've seen, the game looks incredible and I can't wait to play it.

Imagine a basketball game where the characters are all short white people. And the game director smirks and says "thanks to me you ****head gamers are not racist any more"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

My Amazon pre-order got cancelled for some reason saying it couldn't delivered to Ireland and now it's coming up as currently unavailable. Anyone have any reason why it couldn't be sent to Ireland? Seems to be a bit weird...

Have it pre-ordered with Smyths so it's no hassle and tbh, I'm trying to use Amazon a bit less anyways. Bezos has enough money as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

FWIW,
    I thought one of the main plot spoilers revealed the other day was obviously going to happen from the first trailer that was released a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 33,398 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This literally makes no sense.

Nothing has made me want to look at the leaks more than to try to figure out what that means :D

This literally makes no sense.
    In two short sentences you've got:
    - A false narrative (that NBA game with mostly black guys is racist and needs fixing)
    - A director who has disdain for his audience
    - Some daft writing to address said false narrative
    - Which results in a game that (I quote) "literally makes no sense"
    - Said director wants a pat on the back for making the world a better place

and no direct spoilers. Do better, by all means.

Wait wait wait... Is there a basketball mini game in this?? If so, i see that as a plus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wait wait wait... Is there a basketball mini game in this?? If so, i see that as a plus.

From what I can gather there’s at least one scene where Ellie encounters a group of albino dwarves playing basketball.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From what I can gather there’s at least one scene where Ellie encounters a group of albino dwarves playing basketball.

Pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

That's the game I've been asking for, for all these years.

Advertisement