Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Dildos. So I can beat to death white males with them as a symbolic metaphor for how women don't need men and the patriarchy.

hahaha, snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

nix wrote: »
    So eh... what kinda weapons are people hoping to see in this game?

:pac:

Nail bombs.
    Baseball bats wrapped with barb wire.
    2x4.
    Good quality 9 iron but I'd be happy with a crowbar.
    Tripmines.
    Flamethrower.
    Crossbow.
    A chain for behind the back strangle attacks that when not in use Ellie wraps around her wrist.

I worry myself sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,563 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Unpopular opinion but i really hope multiplayer gets added to this. Really disappointed when i heard it wouldn't have one but hoping they could fit one in with the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nix wrote: »
    So eh... what kinda weapons are people hoping to see in this game?

:pac:

Just give me a brick and watch the carnage.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion but i really hope multiplayer gets added to this. Really disappointed when i heard it wouldn't have one but hoping they could fit one in with the delay.

So does Gimli son of Glóin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That was a tongue in cheek comment aimed at Johnny because he(?) likes likes the last Jedi and such

A brief off-topic note for clarification - I love The Last Jedi but it isn't 'far left'. More than happy to point to some explicitly leftist games (Kentucky Route Zero, Disco Elysium) and films (The Battle of Algiers, Jeanne Dielman, Modern Times, I Am Cuba, The Human Condition, the works of Jean-Luc Godard / Agnes Varda / Chris Marker / Ken Loach etc...) I really like though for future reference if I'm going to be called a far-left commie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I heard the online mode TLOU was really well done. I can't pinpoint what it was but I think you had to survive over a period of in-game days or something. The name of the mode escapes me

I heard the online mode TLOU was really well done. I can't pinpoint what it was but I think you had to survive over a period of in-game days or something. The name of the mode escapes me

Yeah, 2 journeys (good guys / bad guys) 12 weeks each, each game is 1 day. Certain weeks have events that can decrease, increase our completely wipe out your clan you build from doing well in games. Loose your clan and start the journey again. I have one trophy left to get the platinum and it's to finish the bad guy journey. Really want it before the new game comes out.

The multiplayer is some of the most tense I've played, definitely not a relaxing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Given that the shops won't be open when this releases, what are Smyths like for preorders with home delivery? Do they only send it on the day or is there a chance of having it on the day? I used the Game collection before and they never let me down but would rather shop local this time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So does Gimli son of Glóin.

I really liked the MP but there was a thing about factions, you had to do stuff in game to keep your survivors alive. Anyway long story short, I was drinking.......
    I had selected a challenge that you had to get headshots within a certain timeframe. I had one to get but time was tight, downed one and was lining up a headshot when a teammate killed him, time ran out, all my people died and I more or less lost the will to live for several days.
    I couldn't enjoy it after that, probably just sulking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

New trailer coming tomorrow

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I really liked the MP but there was a thing about factions, you had to do stuff in game to keep your survivors alive. Anyway long story short, I was drinking.......
    I had selected a challenge that you had to get headshots within a certain timeframe. I had one to get but time was tight, downed one and was lining up a headshot when a teammate killed him, time ran out, all my people died and I more or less lost the will to live for several days.
    I couldn't enjoy it after that, probably just sulking

Wow man.... I've never lost a clan, i promised if i did I'd stop going for the platinum. I've had some excruciatingly close rounds where my clan survived but i had to take a few days break from it after.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,009 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Commiefornia Uber Alles is a great name for a Dead Kennedys cover band.

You know nothing about the Dead Kennedys if you think that would be a good name for a cover band of their music. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It really was devastating, 7 years later I still find it hard to talk about.

It's one of things that everything has to go wrong at exactly the same time

If this thread is still going on like this by tonight, I'm cracking open some bottles and getting pissed while I scroll through it. I'm the biggest video game enthusiast I know, and I do read articles and news stories relating to video games, but I do not get caught up in the politics of it all. Reading all of these comments makes me smile and cringe at the same time, because if a video game can cause this much animosity, then it's no wonder the medium gets slandered by the outsiders looking in as much as it does.

This is the biggest overreaction to a video game I've ever came across in recent years. Also, the topic at hand is getting driven way off the rails here. This is supposed to be a discussion on TLOU2 and all I'm seeing is political ****e being spewed all over it, over simple leaks. Maybe it was a bad idea for video games to go all realistic-looking. Maybe we should've kept it at 16-bit and never looked forward. At least we wouldn't take them nearly as seriously as this. It's f*cking ridiculous.

A video game, lads. At the very core it's just something you turn on and play with a gamepad to have fun and enjoy yourself. TLOU2 should be no different whatever its "political goal".

Cop on. Hate seeing ****e like this.

Shitty, childish, school yard, American faux "politics" is infecting everything these days.

People losing their crap over a video game or a film...and outside their front door, there's people living on the streets.

LOL, "politics". :pac:

Some people have things too good these days. They wouldn't know a valuable political ideal from a hole in the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

The fake game journalist as you put it has zero, zilch, nada input into the game. She was thanked/mentioned at a press conference by Druckmann and that's been taken for a wild ride.

Druckmann said he wanted to change the industry and cited Feminist Frequency as an inspiration . He claimed to have an "awakening" around the time tropes vs women came out. He put an image of 3 female characters on the screen and said there was a problem in the way they were depicted.

That doesn't prove Anita had any input into the game , but it does prove the game was influenced by Anita.

btw , Neil can decide how women should look all he wants. Its not a deterring factor and neither is the presence of LGBT characters.
    The last playable content of TLOU explored Ellie's sexuality and the first main trailer focused on her relationship with Dina. The fact hordes of fans still salivated over and eagerly anticipated the sequel kinda destroys the argument it was ever an issue , or is an issue regarding the sequel.

Ive seen all 90 mins worth of leaks and it has nothing to do with any of that. People will understand what all the fuss is about when they play the game.

BruteStock wrote: »
    Druckmann said he wanted to change the industry and cited Feminist Frequency as an inspiration . He claimed to have an "awakening" around the time tropes vs women came out. He put an image of 3 female characters on the screen and said there was a problem in the way they were depicted.

That doesn't prove Anita had any input into the game , but it does prove the game was influenced by Anita.

btw , Neil can decide how women should look all he wants. Its not a deterring factor and neither is the presence of LGBT characters.
    The last playable content of TLOU explored Ellie's sexuality and the first main trailer focused on her relationship with Dina. The fact hordes of fans still salivated over and eagerly anticipated the sequel kinda destroys the argument it was ever an issue , or is an issue regarding the sequel.

Ive seen all 90 mins worth of leaks and it has nothing to do with any of that. People will understand what all the fuss is about when they play the game.

Let's say there's no fuss at all or there's a massive amount of fuss in the opposite direction you're facing what's the next game on the horizon.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Shitty, childish, school yard, American faux "politics" is infecting everything these days.

People losing their crap over a video game or a film...and outside their front door, there's people living on the streets.

LOL, "politics". :pac:

Some people have things too good these days. They wouldn't know a valuable political ideal from a hole in the ground.

I agree, but tbh I wish I never made the post, because it only ended up annoying me further because I was getting dragged into the debate then. My own fault.

I am genuinely excited for the game, insider/political ****e or otherwise. I'm thinking of starting the original at some point before the new one is out. I also may pre-order it as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Unpopular opinion but i really hope multiplayer gets added to this.

One of the leaked images I saw was of multiplayer.

I agree, but tbh I wish I never made the post, because it only ended up annoying me further because I was getting dragged into the debate then. My own fault.

I am genuinely excited for the game, insider/political ****e or otherwise. I'm thinking of starting the original at some point before the new one is out. I also may pre-order it as well.

LOL, c'est la vie. :pac:

The first one was very good. One of the best games of it's type that I've played. But, if this doesn't come out on PC, I won't be playing it, regardless of all the hoopla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Jesus.... After reading the discourse around this game online (not here specifically) I think I'm just gonna stop reading the internet for a bit. It's gross.

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Jesus.... After reading the discourse around this game online (not here specifically) I think I'm just gonna stop reading the internet for a bit. It's gross.

It's horrendous

Rob2D wrote: »
    One of the leaked images I saw was of multiplayer.

Is there anyway i could look at this image without spoiling anything else? Not sure if it's worth googling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am looking forward to launch to see where this all lands.

The game went from a sure thing to massive controversy in an instance.

I've gone from purchasing the game at launch to having it spoiled and now i think given the plot I'll buy it when the price drops. I am sure at least the gameplay will be decent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Is there anyway i could look at this image without spoiling anything else? Not sure if it's worth googling :)

Here's proof:

That's direct so you shouldn't see any spoiler stuff. But for sure don't go to that guy's main page.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Here's proof:

That's direct so you shouldn't see any spoiler stuff. But for sure don't go to that guy's main page.

Class thanks!

I am looking forward to launch to see where this all lands.

The game went from a sure thing to massive controversy in an instance.

I've gone from purchasing the game at launch to having it spoiled and now i think given the plot I'll buy it when the price drops. I am sure at least the gameplay will be decent.

I'm buying it regardless of this whole trainwreck. Because once the game is out, and the reviews are in, nobody's gonna mention the controversy ever again - they'll move onto something else, and the game will sell fine. The only time this crap gets mentioned again is when a bunch of YouTube channels make a video called "Top 10 Most Controversial Moments in Gaming" and it'll be in there. Otherwise, it's a total heat-of-the-moment situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yet why are games different? They're never given that leeway: people get more angry and vitriolic because... what? Is it that they're nominally in control of the experience, so feel incensed for not getting the stories they personally want to see - or don't want to see? In which case, again, why play the game at all?

I get the sense you haven't seen the leaks so you're mystified as to what could be so objectionable. If you had, you might grasp the direct issue more clearly. The culture war stuff is actually secondary. ND ticks all the boxes you'd expect, but the main objective issue is the story goes in a direction that I cant even hint at without spoiling it for you. All I can say is you're warm when you mention players feeling nominally in control of the experience.

Ironically enough, people would lose their minds if the plot of a video game was spoiled for them. Silly really, but that's their own issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Penn wrote: »
    New trailer coming tomorrow

Wasn't a 90+ minute trailer already just released? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement