Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have no shortage of complaints about Sony’s practices over the years and indeed with modern copyright law.

But it also amuses me greatly to see a bunch of YouTube outrage merchants losing their **** over being unable to spew their bile.

Morals are complicated *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah yes, ‘borderline illegal’ - or, in other words, not illegal.

surely illegal if it was legal it would be borderline legal, it's only a little illegal though so presumably that's ok, practically simply frowned upon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

gimli2112 wrote: »
    surely illegal if it was legal it would be borderline legal, it's only a little illegal though so presumably that's ok, practically simply frowned upon

Spoiler alert Here's a lawyer talking about it:

Doesn't matter though. If by some miracle they do actually find themselves at the wrong end of a judgment that their massive legal department somehow couldn't handle, they will face no real penalties than they can't easily tank their money or make vanish with influence. They're essentially untouchable. Plus they have loyal fans who work gratis to protect their image and justify their behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

But it also amuses me greatly to see a bunch of YouTube outrage merchants losing their **** over being unable to spew their bile.
    Exactly this. I'm sure they'll get plenty of 12 minute videos out about their rage over not being able to discuss the leaks which they're probably delighted by in all honesty. Now they'll get more views on videos giving out about sony and naughty dog than they would have if it was just about the leaks which are kinda old news now and their angry little child fans will lap it up. The wheel keeps on spinnin'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Spoiler alert Here's a lawyer talking about it:

Doesn't matter though. If by some miracle they do actually find themselves at the wrong end of a judgment that their massive legal department somehow couldn't handle, they will face no real penalties than they can't easily tank their money or make vanish with influence. They're essentially untouchable. Plus they have loyal fans who work gratis to protect their image and justify their behavior.

Surprise, surprise Nick Reitka. Disgraced lawyer for the incel, gamergate masses. He has a bad history of talking out of his ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Surprise, surprise Nick Reitka. Disgraced lawyer for the incel, gamergate masses. He has a bad history of talking out of his ass.
    *checks video length* " Oh...12 mins... Hmmmmmm"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I have no shortage of complaints about Sony’s practices over the years and indeed with modern copyright law.

Morals are complicated *shrugs*

I'm kinda glad Sony have been doing it as I still haven't been spoilt on it so its kinda working....for me at least. The people I follow on twitter have been cool enough to not spoil it either.
    When the game is out by all means its free reign alright but I have a feeling most people making those outrage videos likely didn't watch all of the leaked videos as it would take too long so reading a short recap on resetera is easier for them. You can tell as often in gaming related news videos will get pulled & reuploaded due to inaccuracies by not following basic "journalistic integrity".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But Gamergate is all about journalistic integrity!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    The wheel keeps on spinnin'

It's such a bleak little outrage ecosystem they have going. Whatever about the thinly-veiled bigotry these dudes peddle constantly, it's the sheer repetitiveness of the content that would bore me tbh :pac:. It's the same topics, the same handful of nerdy franchises, the same endless outrage thrown out up to four or five times a day. Heck, they barely commit any time to the media they actually *like* so consumed are they by the endless hustle of outrage clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    But Gamergate is all about journalistic integrity!

tenor.gif?itemid=3522292

• Advertisement

Heck, they barely commit any time to the media they actually *like* so consumed are they by the endless hustle of outrage clicks.

That's what I don't get. I mean, each to their own but I can only imagine how happier these guys would be if they put as much effort in celebrating things they do like. I fully understand that there needs to be criticism and feedback in the world but constantly focusing on a negative is not healthy. Anyway, that's just me, gimme a Kevin Smith Marvel movie review listening to someone gush about something they love, like he puts it "If I don't like a movie, why would I spend more time creating a video, talking, editing, etc about something I don't like when I could use that time and effort on something I do like. Plus, what if someone watches it and gets put off by something because of what I said. What the **** do I know". I like that train of thought. Again, criticism is just as important but not just to rile people up but then, negativity is way more popular for clicks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That's what I don't get. I mean, each to their own but I can only imagine how happier these guys would be if they put as much effort in celebrating things they do like. I fully understand that there needs to be criticism and feedback in the world but constantly focusing on a negative is not healthy. Anyway, that's just me, gimme a Kevin Smith Marvel movie review listening to someone gush about something they love, like he puts it "If I don't like a movie, why would I spend more time creating a video, talking, editing, etc about something I don't like when I could use that time and effort on something I do like. Plus, what if someone watches it and gets put off by something because of what I said. What the **** do I know". I like that train of thought. Again, criticism is just as important but not just to rile people up but then, negativity is way more popular for clicks.

You see that is exactly the problem. To do what you are suggesting would take actual integrity, something these people lack. They aren't doing it because they are genuinely concerned about these issues but because of two entirely selfish reasons:

1) They get more clicks and generate more revenue.
    2) More clicks artificially inflates their own perceived self importance, giving them an illusion of meaning to their bottom feeding life.

You made a massive mistake of expecting bellends to not be and act like total dicks.

Gamergate is one of those things that even when people explain it to me I still don't know what it is and just pretend that I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Gamergate is one of those things that even when people explain it to me I still don't know what it is and just pretend that I do.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

mutley18 wrote: »
    Where are you all pre-ordering from? For physical copy I mean, thanks!

https://www.shopto.net/en/ps4la06-the-last-of-us-part-ii-p61768/

Paid €53.69 for it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

dudeeile wrote: »

Would they be reliable, never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Would they be reliable, never heard of them.

Yeah, they ship early too. Pretty high chance of getting it a day or two early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

That is because there seems to be 2 different version of events and like politics the two sides will never agree on what happened so best to just ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Probably not going to watch this but I do hope the official stream channel deactivates comments just to see the free speechgasm it'll cause. Even though there'll be plenty of streamers with it on.

• Advertisement

Yeah plenty of people raging on social media to turn on comments ...... Just so you can continue trying to spoil it for people? **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I was pretty good at a particular RTS game back in the day, I would compete regularly in real prize money tournaments and leagues. Back in a time it was much easier to be among the best :p

Before gamergate gaming communities were a far better place.

I searched for the best video I could find to sum it up:

It was a reaction to an industry calling it's customers sexist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If I never hear, read or see the word Gamergate again I will be a very happy man.

Anyway; the Last of Us 2 review embargo lifts a week before the release

https://twitter.com/PSUdotcom/status/1265227152385093633?s=19

The reviews, particularly the metacritic user reviews are going to be a bloodbath, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

The reviews, particularly the metacritic user reviews are going to be a bloodbath, aren't they?

Have you ever bothered looking at user reviews for games, exclusives in particular? Filled with the rantings of virgins...

year it's car crash stuff I sometimes read the Daily Mail comments section. There's nothing like the internet for providing a forum for the unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

exclusives in particular? Filled with the rantings of virgins...
    Why exclusives? They're targeted positively or negatively by such rants? Friend of mine is a PS fanboy and he'd go off on how good PS exclusives were that I thought were dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I thought that looked excellent. Hype-meter just popped up another notch for me!

• Advertisement

I booked the 19th and 22nd as holidays today, if they're not approved soon I'm quitting my job.

Advertisement