Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I remember why I stopped my Grounded playthrough, Jesus that is just no fun at all. Got to the armoured truck with machine gun bit, sneaking my way through before it forces me to deal with a wave of enemies where I have 4 bullets,1 bit of health left and no medkits. Not fun.

On topic, when do you think TLOU 2 will release? Spring 2020 is crazy, summer is always dry and Q3/Q4 should see new consoles unless they have it as a launch for PS5 but also PS4 release as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I remember why I stopped my Grounded playthrough, Jesus that is just no fun at all. Got to the armoured truck with machine gun bit, sneaking my way through before it forces me to deal with a wave of enemies where I have 4 bullets,1 bit of health left and no medkits. Not fun.

On topic, when do you think TLOU 2 will release? Spring 2020 is crazy, summer is always dry and Q3/Q4 should see new consoles unless they have it as a launch for PS5 but also PS4 release as well.

ND are aiming for Spring but it could be summer.
    The Last of Us for the PS3 was released in June of 2013 (5 months before the launch of the PS4).
    There is still no release date for ghost of tsushima. I'd expect that to be released before the PS5 is released too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Watching some of the youtube videos of aggressive gameplay on Grounded and it's so impressive how good these guys are at it! Now there's no doubt they know the game inside out, throwing grenades around corners before enemies even arrive, and they also know that you need to have a certain maximum amount of bullets in order for enemies to drop new bullets. But still impressive viewing!

I'm perfectly happy with them delaying the game, when the storyline is so important there is absolutely no need to rush it

Ashley aka Ellie, said she thinks it will release in Ffff...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/BybZa9rFeIe/?igshid=9ekzrypb146t

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Foolhardy attempt to steal some of Untitled Goose Game’s late September thunder tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Will this mean they'll confirm the release date? I can then plan the suspension of my reallife life.

So, State of Play same day as The Last of Us 2 Media event hhmmmmm

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1174699919132807169?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj2017

I'm looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I really need to get my ass into gear and finish the first one! It's more than a year since I got distracted from it half way through, wonder whether its worth starting again from scratch - how long's an average playthrough start to finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭peter4918

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I really need to get my ass into gear and finish the first one! It's more than a year since I got distracted from it half way through, wonder whether its worth starting again from scratch - how long's an average playthrough start to finish?

I was the same. I started again from the start simply because I forgot all the controls and to be honest probably the story aswell. I took my time going through it and It took around 20 hours but well worth it. Hopefully I’ll play it again before part 2 comes out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd definitely recommend restarting, there's a lot to remember and if you're like me, you'll get annoyed at not knowing how to shiv a clicker at the right moment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hopefully we will get a release date from the event next week.

Will be super disappointing if they don't give a release date. I'm gonna be super optimistic though and predict a November '19 release date :)

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/1175424961231511552?s=19

Nah March 2020 I say

Nah March 2020 I say

Realistic date, I'm gonna say February '20. Hopefully it's not late '20 but then early '20 is already jammers.

Realistic date, I'm gonna say February '20. Hopefully it's not late '20 but then early '20 is already jammers.

What's already coming early '20? Off top of my head Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2... what am I missing?

• Advertisement

Will be super disappointing if they don't give a release date. I'm gonna be super optimistic though and predict a November '19 release date :)
    That would be super. If not then I'll go play the first one again until 2 is released.

What's already coming early '20? Off top of my head Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2... what am I missing?
    Watch_Dogs Legion?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any odds of it being a PS5 launch title?

Seen a few rumours this evening saying 28 Feb 2020. To be taken with the preverbial pinch of salt mind you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

June release again I'd say.

Those 2 and Final fantasy 7. Maybe bloodlines 2 if it reviews well. Those should keep me going until Q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any odds of it being a PS5 launch title?

I'd say near zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

If it comes out in 2019 I will rip my testicles off with excitement, I can't see it though :(

All 3 videos so far have been 19 seconds long. Surely that confirms a 2019 release date??

Also, it's great watching Sony Devs have the craic with each other.

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1175800637486821376?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The 19th day of the 19th month (Smarch) of the 19th year (2019) confirmed.

Will be a great antidote to that lousy Smarch weather.

Advertisement