Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glas payment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

I've only heard on TD (an independent whose name escapes me atm) on about it? Who else has made mention of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Signpost wrote: »
    I've only heard on TD (an independent whose name escapes me atm) on about it? Who else has made mention of it?

Is that your man Fitzmaurice - I think he's a mayo TD is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Is that your man Fitzmaurice - I think he's a mayo TD is he?

Galway/ Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Agri land says ICSA are protesting Johnstown castle this morning about the Glas payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Showing up on Agfood now so should hit bank in a few days.
    I think establishment have been surprised at the level of protest generated by farmers effected by this and it has been noticable the number of TD's making statements on it.
    Where can u see it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

When you login to Agfood click on Financial Self-services and it should appear as the most recent payment on the top.

When you login to Agfood click on Financial Self-services and it should appear as the most recent payment on the top.

Thanks, nothing showing for me there still

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

The bit that really bugs me is that they try to cast the blame back on us. Here's the quote from the Agriland piece last week on Creeds' announcement
    Examples of issues leading to delayed payments are as follows:

Declaration of an incompatible parcel usage for the GLAS action chosen.

Changes in parcel boundaries on which a GLAS action is chosen, including splitting or merging of parcels.

An applicant no longer claiming parcel on BPS 2016.

Incomplete documentation such as incorrect information on Low-Emission Slurry declaration.

Incomplete interim commonage management plans.

Incompatible data and parcel history on Department databases.

Anything to do with them was at the bottom of the list

It's hard to believe that ten thousand of us are totally incompetent given that they made us employ qualified planners

The thing that really also annoyed me was he was giving a speech about it two weeks ago, claiming how good the depts computers were and that people from other foreign agri depts were coming here to learn how they could copy ours. Talking about being disconnected from the issues !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Getting text messages about a protest at Ag. House tomorrow by IFA. Its a couple of months too late really. Has anyone got a few wild limo's they could bring? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Getting text messages about a protest at Ag. House tomorrow by IFA. Its a couple of months too late really. Has anyone got a few wild limo's they could bring? :D
    Wrong breed ....... it's Salers you need

INHFA protest starting tomorrow Tuesday, January 31 outside Davitt House, the Department's headquarters, Castlebar, Co. Mayo

The protest will start at 12pm and run for the afternoon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Mod: This thread is being opened after surgery to remove argumentative and off-topic posts.

Let's keep it civil, folks.

You may notice one poster is no longer with us. It is not due to his posts in this thread, he was a serial re-reg trying to dodge a siteban.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Small piece on Agriland today

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/a-significant-acceleration-of-glas-payments-is-needed/

[QOUTE]"Payments made late last week to 323 farmers represent some progress but the numbers paid in each run need to increase substantially."[/QOUTE]

That'd be 6 or 7 months at that rate!

Farmer wrote: »
    Small piece on Agriland today

http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/a-significant-acceleration-of-glas-payments-is-needed/

[QOUTE]"Payments made late last week to 323 farmers represent some progress but the numbers paid in each run need to increase substantially."[/QOUTE]

That'd be 6 or 7 months at that rate!

Updates like that only serve to wind people up more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Updates like that only serve to wind people up more

Better than having to be getting angry ringing the dept for any answers.

But at least they weren't celebrating that they paid a whopping 330 ppl!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

There must still be 7 or 8 thousand not paid the 85%. Obviously they will have to be prioritised but has anyone who keeps an eye on this heard anything about the glas+ payments. thats 40% of it for those of us in it.

I'm one of the 8,500 not paid a penny yet. Spoke to them the other day and it sounds like they've eventually woken up. To be honest feels like too little too late. They should have been sorting out these issues a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FLC

Got notification the week before last that "There was an issue which has now been resolved and you will be put on tonights prepayment validation run."

Payment received today (85%). Best of luck to everyone else.

FLC wrote: »
    Payment received today (85%). Best of luck to everyone else.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭High bike

Rang a month ago and asked if there was a problem with my application and was assured no there wasn't ,it was only an it issue.Not a fcuking word since,so not going to do another tap for glas until I get paid and they can fcuk off with their deadline on March 1st.Too much time effort and expense invested in it already for no return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Sorry High Bike but can only thank your post once.
    Totally agree with you. No payment = no work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

High bike wrote: »
    Rang a month ago and asked if there was a problem with my application and was assured no there wasn't ,it was only an it issue.Not a fcuking word since,so not going to do another tap for glas until I get paid and they can fcuk off with their deadline on March 1st.Too much time effort and expense invested in it already for no return

unfortunately all our glas work was frontloaded:(

ganmo wrote: »
    unfortunately all our glas work was frontloaded:(

Ya the same here I have all the work already completed. Cost a few bob to.
    Of course I thought it would have paid for itself by Christmas but looking back now that was naivety on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

FFS, it's ridiculous at this stage. :mad: We got our 85% in Dec but I feel sorry for those farmers and contractors that are still waiting for payment.
    http://www.farmersjournal.ie/creed-i-can-t-say-when-glas-money-will-be-paid-255888

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kelslat

Got an email two weeks ago today saying the issues with mine were resolved and if it passed the next validation run I would be put on the next payment run. Does anyone know how long this validation process takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

kelslat wrote: »
    Got an email two weeks ago today saying the issues with mine were resolved and if it passed the next validation run I would be put on the next payment run. Does anyone know how long this validation process takes?

Only the Department knows the answer to that but it sounds a bit long. I'd keep after them.
    As an aside did anyone get their balancing 15% payment yet?? These were supposed to be paid out by now and surely it is just a case of the Department pressing the infamous "Pay Now" button which we have heard so much about recently from the Minister. Or are we going to be subjected to more of the same again.

Only the Department knows the answer to that but it sounds a bit long. I'd keep after them.
    As an aside did anyone get their balancing 15% payment yet?? These were supposed to be paid out by now and surely it is just a case of the Department pressing the infamous "Pay Now" button which we have heard so much about recently from the Minister. Or are we going to be subjected to more of the same again.

Prepare for more of the same I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Dept text me today telling me not to panic they are working on it....
    very re-assuring
    should i text them back and say don't panic the hedge planting will wait till i'm paid some joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭High bike

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Prepare for more of the same I'm afraid.
    got the15% balance of 2015 payment last week

Advertisement