Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glas payment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Only the Department knows the answer to that but it sounds a bit long. I'd keep after them.
    As an aside did anyone get their balancing 15% payment yet?? These were supposed to be paid out by now and surely it is just a case of the Department pressing the infamous "Pay Now" button which we have heard so much about recently from the Minister. Or are we going to be subjected to more of the same again.
    15% will not be issued until NMP is submitted. I wonder will that payment be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

High bike wrote: »
    got the15% balance of 2015 payment last week

Only 12 months late - not bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭High bike

Only 12 months late - not bad :)
    unfortunately ur right there,hopefully they get their finger out and pay 2016 now without any more bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Got a letter last week to say we passed the inspection that was carried out last April and they will forward my file to GLAS in Wexford. That's efficiency for You.
    Good chance I might get paid before the next election!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Heard of a few lads being asked to sign forms that there was an inspection done on property by drone lately, not sure was it glas or bps / disadvantage. Anyone else come across this?
    Be more interesting in them making payments than buying midlife crisis toys for the lads on the ground but anyway...

• Advertisement

Update for anyone waiting on payment it seems there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.Rang today and was told I'm in this weeks payment run and money would be in acc next tues or we'd

Sure enough it up on agfood in amounts due,hope everyone else gets sorted soon better late than never I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kelslat

Nothing showing up here on agfood and the issue with mine was ment to be resolved over two weeks ago. Sent them another email a couple of days ago but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Dozer1

better late than never GLAS payment landed this morning!!
    hope the rest of people waiting get paid soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Dozer1 wrote: »
    better late than never GLAS payment landed this morning!!
    hope the rest of people waiting get paid soon

After wasting a few minutes of my life. Looked up Ag.Food and no sign of payment. My own fault for thinking there might be money approved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kelslat

After wasting a few minutes of my life. Looked up Ag.Food and no sign of payment. My own fault for thinking there might be money approved.

Same here! It's a waste of time ringing them an emailing them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Does anyone know when the balancing payments that were according to the media to be paid on the start of december then the end of december then the end of january then the end of febuary will be paid.

djmc wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the balancing payments that were according to the media to be paid on the start of december then the end of december then the end of january then the end of febuary will be paid.
    payments for 2015 or 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Payment for 2016 that were due last December.
    I understand checks need to be made before payment can be made but if lads were OK for the first part what's the hold up with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭adam14

They need to finish paying the first 85% before they start the second payments.

adam14 wrote: »
    They need to finish paying the first 85% before they start the second payments.
    your right there Adam but this is the dept of ag so anything is possible.When they paid people in tranche 2 before people in tranche 1 you wonder what's going on:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Farmer wrote: »

Text today reminding me to plant hedging yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

State of the wild bird field!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,217 ✭✭✭✭Water John

What needs to go in for year 2?

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    What needs to go in for year 2?

Into that field, prob linseed & oats again. Have to mulch it shortly and see if we need to plough again, I've an inkling that we may need to.

Didn't know we could set the same crop.
    I thought it was somewhere, that two halves had to bet set with diff crops in year 2.
    Probably a rural as opposed to urban legend.

Water John wrote: »
    Didn't know we could set the same crop.
    I thought it was somewhere, that two halves had to bet set with diff crops in year 2.
    Probably a rural as opposed to urban legend.

I'd say someone is getting confused somewhere with the rules for kale, these are the rules and it says nothing about changing the crop.

412253.png

412254.png

Many thanks, Haywire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Would there be any point in letting cattle out on WBC now. The kale is nearly all stalk and the grass is dead as a maggot. And the barley is a distant memory.

I know I had a weanling getting into the linseed last year and was mad for the stuff.
    Reckon a few animals in there for a few days might help clean it up. Careful, with the kale, frost forecast this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

It seems the linseed is all stalk, and could be messy for tilling this year... ?

For the people that put in linseed last year - will ye be choosing the same mixes this year? Or would ye change from the linseed?

I see mustard is an option as well. Would this be better than linseed?
    Is it harder grown that linseed?
    Would mustard be better for the ground than linseed (or does this only apply when it's ploughed in as a green fertiliser?)

Well.....we have linseed leftover from last year but am not 100% it'll grow. Have it left in a dark, dry shed since last year so here's hoping. I'll clear a small area of the field and scatter it in a few weeks. If it takes off I'll use the remaining seed in the field, if not, we'll prob change from the linseed as it's very stalky alright.
    I've often heard of people growing mustard to just plough it back in but by the time we'd be putting it back in I reckon it'll be brown, weedy shíte John!

Oh & I found Wilson the scarecrow/scarehead, still as gorgeous as ever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Rushy Fields

Well.....we have linseed leftover from last year but am not 100% it'll grow. Have it left in a dark, dry shed since last year so here's hoping. I'll clear a small area of the field and scatter it in a few weeks. If it takes off I'll use the remaining seed in the field, if not, we'll prob change from the linseed as it's very stalky alright.
    I've often heard of people growing mustard to just plough it back in but by the time we'd be putting it back in I reckon it'll be brown, weedy shíte John!

Oh & I found Wilson the scarecrow/scarehead, still as gorgeous as ever. :D

Lady H. Will you be spraying off the area before you sow?
    I have linseed and oats sown and am going to let weanlings into it for a while before doing anything..... Maybe i should put cows and calves in it?

• Advertisement

Lady H. Will you be spraying off the area before you sow?
    I have linseed and oats sown and am going to let weanlings into it for a while before doing anything..... Maybe i should put cows and calves in it?

Will be putting 2 cows & calves into it, followed by the new mulcher....once I can figure out how to transport it 2km up the road :pac:
    Will see then how the ground looks, hopefully just a harrow but I reckon with the rushes grown through it, it might need to be reploughed.

Advertisement