Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glas payment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

When you ring the number the nice lady on the recording says there is a payment being made on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭High bike

Cavanjack wrote: »
    When you ring the number the nice lady on the recording says there is a payment being made on Friday.
    she didn't happen to say which Friday I suppose:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think the more of ye waiting for any payment, make the call or visit your local TD over the weekend might yield a lot more results.
    Let them know there's a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Mad4CHX

Water John wrote: »
    I think the more of ye waiting for any payment, make the call or visit your local TD over the weekend might yield a lot more results.
    Let them know there's a problem.

I hope to fook farming hasn't come to this. A trip to a bloody TD to get your payment. Thank fook I don't pay a TV licence and didn't pay any water charges. I'll let the TD call around and discuss the payment with me if they want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Gave up ringing - couldn't get through once even - meeting local TD at weekend.

Gone down that road as well. Was getting nowhere ringing dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I'm the type of guy you will do whatever gets the best result.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Johnny0k

I'm going to have to do the same thing I reckon. My head is wrecked trying to get through to them. I have to say it's not fair on any farmer but is especially hard on a small one !

riemann wrote: »
    Apparently anyone who is receiving payment for fencing of waterways will be held up as they are "re-digitising" the rivers. Supposedly this is 75% of people, and of course (ahem) they have no idea when it will be finished.

But rest assured guys, they have their best men and women on the case.

Best people on the job ...... there isn't enough to answer phones not to mind get the paperwork sorted. A good few neighbours have got the 85% so I don't know what the issue is with me. Every t was crossed and I dotted !

Hope so . Thanks for letting us know. Credit due the lady on the phone was sound

Apparently anyone who is receiving payment for fencing of waterways will be held up as they are "re-digitising" the rivers. Supposedly this is 75% of people, and of course (ahem) they have no idea when it will be finished.

I suppose the frustrating thing is all our Glas plans Were submitted electronically and approved well over a year ago, but things were left till now to make a plan to fix issues. ironing things out during the year would have meant less stress for everybody involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Apparently anyone who is receiving payment for fencing of waterways will be held up as they are "re-digitising" the rivers.
    I know how awful not getting paid is but this is not the cause of the hold up everywhere.

Me and at least 4 neighbours got paid and we each have over 2 km of rivers fenced so I doubt that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

I might get shot for saying this but here goes.
    I can't understand all the anger and frustration about waiting for the glas money to come. I know we are not all in the same position but so far glas has cost me €500 for sowing wbc, probably €1000 in fees, a couple of hundred for posts and wire a bit of time and€50 for 5 bird box's and whatever a few tonne of sand cost. So say €2000 altogether just for the first year and I'm expecting €5000. A good return on my money I think.
    From this year and for the next four years all it will cost is the price of sowing the wbc which I might just broadcast myself. So say €300. I still should get €5000 a year. Still not a bad return on my money.
    Sure, I had to wait a bit longer than I expected for my first payment. What I spent isn't going to put me on the road.
    As far as I can make out it is money for rope. Any scheme or grant we ever joined or applied for we got. Delays are part of the game. Wasting your own time or a td's time on this matter is a waste of time
    Complain to him about the problems in our hospitals and lack of nursing homes or rural roads and broadband, complain about paying for water (if that's your thing), ask him why our grandchildren will still be paying for the banks/governments mistakes in 50 years time , ask him about our homeless crisis, ask what they are doing to open up new markets for our farm produce but complaining that Your glas payment is too late???????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Hard to disagree alright Cavan jack. I also see the flip side though. When bills are owed and repayments are agreed based upon payment dates it can cause problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Grueller wrote: »
    Not true. I fenced over 1500m of waterways and got paid 85% on 29 December.

Glas 1 or 2?

I'm 1 and thats what I was told on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Glas 1 or 2?

I'm 1 and thats what I was told on the phone.

Glas 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Wasting your own time or a td's time on this matter is a waste of time
    Hard to disagree with your post but I think the problem is that it's not just this scheme. Nearly every interaction with dept of ag in the last few years is a head wrecking experience. When you finally get through on the phone it's impossible to get an answer for anything and the response to every delay is that's it's an IT issue and no idea when it will be resolved.

Years ago pre IT failures you could call into local office and get your issues sorted fairly quickly. In my paid profession IT systems actually improve things not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Many people are down a lot of money in fencing costs, planning costs, bird boxes etc maybe to the value of a full year's payment or more. Extra fodder costs due to bad weather as well as bad prices overall means many people have cash flow problems. If I miss a deadline for paying any of the government departments - revenue, motor tax or property tax, I will be penalised and it's no good telling them I'm waiting for the Glas cheque.

As I said in an earlier post, there's no excuse for it. They seem to have been able to have paid most of Glas1 so why not Glas2. If they need to re digitize anything then let them pay out the 85% and use the 15% to cover the margin of error.

The deadlines were tight enough at our end to have land parcels and watercourses fenced off in poor weather conditions. Sauce for the goose....

Rang this morning for the first time and got through straight away.Was told there was an issue with payments being passed for payment from Wexford due to a glitch in the system and Dept would be writing to people in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Phone Agriculture House (01) 6072000, when the switch board operator answers asked to be transferred to Glas in Johnstown Castle. Worked a treat for the brother-in-law only last Friday.

• Advertisement

Farmer wrote: »
    the minister has been spouting that ****e for 6 weeks now but still nothing happening

I hope someone in a position of authority grabs it by the scruff of the neck and sort's it out, cause at the moment it just ain't moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Farmer wrote: »

"Let them eat cake" springs to mind after reading the article

Got through today on the first try and the lady said now that it will be in in the next few weeks . So it's gone from you'll have it next week to .....a few weeks....

Johnny0k wrote: »
    Got through today on the first try and the lady said now that it will be in in the next few weeks . So it's gone from you'll have it next week to .....a few weeks....

Did she say what the problem was?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

Apparently it is an IT problem. Begs the question how were the 28,000 farmers paid at the end of December if the IT system is not able to cope.

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Apparently it is an IT problem. Begs the question how were the 28,000 farmers paid at the end of December if the IT system is not able to cope.

Thanks for the update. They are telling the IFA and Farmers Journal porkies with 'payment will be made in the next 2 weeks'.

Ya, that's what their saying alright. they've to wait for the IT department to come up with a solution to a computer glitch. Until then some cases are just sitting there.

I asked what the problem was and when are payments due and she just kept saying 'repeatly' there is no issue with your payment all is verified and you will receive it in the next payment day. I kept asking when is the payment day and it rolled back to everything is fine with your payment .... then finally she said you should have it next week or the next few weeks. Soooo not really helpful !

• Advertisement

I asked was it still an IT problem and she couldn't say and asked her supervisor and just came back rambling that my details were fine and it's on the next payment day... when ever that is..

Advertisement