Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eatmore

Would be a bit disappointed if he had an affair and is having a child with someone else.

He would go down in my estimation if that is the case.

I wonder how the McGregor story will end...hope he manages his money well and wraps up in the future!!

Anyway onto the weigh ins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    will the weigh ins be live on youtube?

http://www.ufc.com/media/UFC-205-Official-Weigh-in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Eatmore wrote:
    Would be a bit disappointed if he had an affair and is having a child with someone else.

Why do people give a **** either way? He's not your Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Eatmore wrote: »

He would go down in my estimation if that is the case.

I wonder how the McGregor story will end...hope he manages his money well and wraps up in the future!!

Anyway onto the weigh ins

You seriously believe that when fighters trash talk that the tell the truth :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I was very tempted to reply "you'll do nuttin" when he told me if i mess up again it's an immediate month ban......but then i remembered he may not be a hardcore MMA fan :pac:

While i was gone did anybody post this? My sympathy for Cowboy missing 205 went from 100 to 0 real quick......

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/797106983832842240

Imagine if he said that about an African or South American country.. :roll:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

He might be though, that's the point!

McGregor espouses the virtue of loyalty and then does this?

Just disappointing if true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I get what he's saying but I'll enjoy him
    Either way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Axwell wrote: »
    What has your triple post got to do with this thread?

Not sure why it duplicated. I was pointing out the obvious hypocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭The Rooster

FFS Alvarez just completely make that up as a comeback for the comment earlier in the week about his wife and kids not recognising him after the fight.

Utterly bizarre that some people think that just because somebody said something on the telly that it is true!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Holy God. Just seen a snapchat from the venue for the weigh-ins. Absolutely jammers. Lots of Irish flags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

FFS Alvarez just completely make that up as a comeback for the comment earlier in the week about his wife and kids not recognising him after the fight.

Utterly bizarre that some people think that just because somebody said something on the telly that it is true!

Its a bit of a strange comment to make....its a bit to strange i think. No reply from Conor. Really weird.

Charlie Sheen is in the McGregor camp currently. That's not some sort of metaphor, he's actually with the lads. Well was about 40 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

When is this starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

D.Q wrote: »
    When is this starting

Should be in the next minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Jaysus romero is HUGE!

Conor had verbal backstage with Woodley at the weigh ins. Video on Twitter.

Getting slated online

"You are like a woman with that phone. ****ing bitch. ****ing bitch."

Conor and Khabib also had a verbal. Is Conor not even concentrating on Eddie?

He has a lot going on, "the big announcement", pregnancy (2?)...

I hope we see the best version of him on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Getting slated online

if it helps, Conor had El Chapo (his walkout music before Nate 1) blaring in the car to MSG :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I think Eddie thought life would be great fighting locally.

Conor doesn't need to say anything. The Irish and the Americans will break Eddie themselves

This doesn't necessarily mean a lot (possibly anything) but i found it interesting. Dana always going on about Ronda being by far the biggest star in the UFC......Granted it was a pro-McGregor/Irish crowd but she got a very lukewarm cheer and the viewership of the weigh ins started to freefall when she arrived.

2nqe49l.png

28tvnuc.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

This doesn't necessarily mean a lot (possibly anything) but i found it interesting. Dana always going on about Ronda being by far the biggest star in the UFC......Granted it was a pro-McGregor/Irish crowd but she got a very lukewarm cheer and the viewership of the weigh ins started to freefall when she arrived.

2nqe49l.png

28tvnuc.png

I turned it over when they started the promo; I dislike her terribly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Getting slated online

Had Alverez been doing this,people on here would be saying he's feeling the pressure and lost his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Shes simply isn't but the UFC will do everything they can to change that or just make it look as if she is. Obviously UFC wants as many superstars as possible but I'm convinced they are uneasy with Conor being their biggest draw by a country mile at the moment which gives him an unprecedented amount of leverage.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Shes simply isn't but the UFC will do everything they can to change that or just make it look as if she is. Obviously UFC wants as many superstars as possible but I'm convinced they are uneasy with Conor being their biggest draw by a country mile at the moment which gives him an unprecedented amount of leverage.

My theory, which might be a bit crazy, is this:

Ronda is extremely fragile emotionally and, also, a bully. I think Dana keeps saying she's the biggest star to massage her ego so she'd come back. He knows Conor can only fight so often and beyond Conor there's really nobody who could even do a 500,000 view PPV card, nevermind a 1 mil+.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I left right after the McGregor weigh in. Heard them talk about Ronda as I was leaving but thought it was just a promo.

I didn't realise that she was actually there and coming out for a staredown.

I suspect many on the live stream thought the same and that's the reason for the drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

That promo was quite good. I must have tunnel vision - never even heard that was 207's main event :D

Didnt think she'd get Nunes - if she loses she's gone imo. If she wins Dana with heart atgasm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Axwell wrote: »
    He got site banned for sending personal abuse over pm - not for anything he did on this thread. But considering he started off by first telling someone to go **** themselves and then followed that with sending more abuse over pm hes not really helping himself. A bit of common sense and he wouldnt be in any trouble to begin with. His ban has been lifted anyways.

One rule for the boys in the clique another for everyone else eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

suppose that puts an end to the notion he says nothing once they get back stage! kinda funny to see though, everyone begging for that red panty night!

• Advertisement

Holy jesus.

Just saw more backstage footage from Pendreds instagram.

Conor went off on Tyron....

Quote:

"Get your little camera phone out you p.ussy. You're like a woman with that phone you fkin b1tch"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement