Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

westsider wrote: »
    The only way to get information is this forum! Thanks for letting us know, we'll definitely be looking at options and see if we can build a back wall once we're moved in! Very disheartened that they never mentioned this to us, it's very poor form.

Yea you really need to pester for any info,I worry about the items we haven’t thought to ask about...!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

The only way to get information is this forum! Thanks for letting us know, we'll definitely be looking at options and see if we can build a back wall once we're moved in! Very disheartened that they never mentioned this to us, it's very poor form.

I don’t think anyone should have to go to that expense after paying so much money already. Surely there is a compromise that can be reached. Did AN give any indication that they would come to a compromise? Were boundary walls mentioned in our contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

med1989 wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone should have to go to that expense after paying so much money already. Surely there is a compromise that can be reached. Did AN give any indication that they would come to a compromise? Were boundary walls mentioned in our contracts?

I'm going to check with my solicitor and see , it's in the spec on their site all boundary walls are block built. There has to be a better compromise , also they are saving money putting up that fence much cheaper than the labour and materials it would cost to build walls!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭itzme

Quick question for anyone who has bought/moved in who has the under stairs storage or a utility room situated under stairs. Did you receive any information about fire resistance? We've bought and should move in the next couple of months and I've asked AN for what certification there is around the utility room and under the stairs in general as considering the stairs are wooden and the primary (only) fire escape from upstairs any room under them should have fire resistant slabs under the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Courtney01

Hi there, just looking for some guidance from people who have moved in. We were looking to hang big mirrors on our wall similar to the show house. When I called the supplier he advised that extra studs were put in the show house to support them and therefore we wouldn’t be able to have the same. I wondered if anyone has hung anything heavy on the walls like the mirrors or a large tv?
    Any advise would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Pakd

We have purchased in same row & were told before Christmas that we are on schedule to snag week ending 2nd of Feb (next week). As far as we know our carpets are being fitted tomorrow so are hopeful regarding the snagging going ahead.
    We were not aware nor advised that they could not build the boundry wall at the back. Again we were under the impression and as per the brochure/spec that all walls were going to be block built & capped. Very dissapointing to read & see the poor fencing that has been put up. Will be contacting ANH & Solictor as surely this is a breach to Contract ? Thanks for sharing the information.

Pakd wrote: »
    We have purchased in same row & were told before Christmas that we are on schedule to snag week ending 2nd of Feb (next week). As far as we know our carpets are being fitted tomorrow so are hopeful regarding the snagging going ahead.
    We were not aware nor advised that they could not build the boundry wall at the back. Again we were under the impression and as per the brochure/spec that all walls were going to be block built & capped. Very dissapointing to read & see the poor fencing that has been put up. Will be contacting ANH & Solictor as surely this is a breach to Contract ? Thanks for sharing the information.

That’s great news that your snag is happening so soon! Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Courtney01 wrote: »
    Hi there, just looking for some guidance from people who have moved in. We were looking to hang big mirrors on our wall similar to the show house. When I called the supplier he advised that extra studs were put in the show house to support them and therefore we wouldn’t be able to have the same. I wondered if anyone has hung anything heavy on the walls like the mirrors or a large tv?
    Any advise would be appreciated.

We couldn't hang the TV bracket directly to vertical studs because they were too far apart and not even distances so we screwed horizontal timber ply over the stud walls into the vertical studs and hung the TV bracket from these, gives a bit of extra stability, still up there atm anyway, probably would work for heavier pictures or mirrors too if they were wide enough to reach between at least two studs

That’s great news that your snag is happening so soon! Let us know how you get on

Will do. Really hoping no more major delays !

Unfortunately it seems the contract is loose on what boundary wall is composed of. This seems to be a planning decision which seems ridiculous as in effect it allows all back gardens on this row exposed in some way to field behind. I've asked ANH to come back with solutions but nothing has happened to date. I think all in this row should keep on to ANH to come up with some workable solution.
    Hope you get to snag soon too!

• Advertisement

Unfortunately it seems the contract is loose on what boundary wall is composed of. This seems to be a planning decision which seems ridiculous as in effect it allows all back gardens on this row exposed in some way to field behind. I've asked ANH to come back with solutions but nothing has happened to date. I think all in this row should keep on to ANH to come up with some workable solution.
    Hope you get to snag soon too!

We got on to ANH & their response was they had to abide to Kildare CoCo plans. They sent us a copy of the plans that were approved in 2009 which shows that the council only gave options for fencing along that row. ANH couldn't give a reason as to why fencing was the only option. It baffles me as to how there is block,capped side walls built to the exact same boundry limit but yet could not put a back wall on that same boundry limit. We are waiting to hear from our Solicitor to see if any comeback or clause in Contract. As usual ANH were unwilling to offer any solution & blamed it all on Council plans but yet they were happy not to disclose this information at any point during sales.

Thanks ,still no date & couldn't give us a definite answer yesterday as to when we might get notice ! Frustrating

We got on to ANH & their response was they had to abide to Kildare CoCo plans. They sent us a copy of the plans that were approved in 2009 which shows that the council only gave options for fencing along that row. ANH couldn't give a reason as to why fencing was the only option. It baffles me as to how there is block,capped side walls built to the exact same boundry limit but yet could not put a back wall on that same boundry limit. We are waiting to hear from our Solicitor to see if any comeback or clause in Contract. As usual ANH were unwilling to offer any solution & blamed it all on Council plans but yet they were happy not to disclose this information at any point during sales.

Thanks ,still no date & couldn't give us a definite answer yesterday as to when we might get notice ! Frustrating

Do you reckon it will be February or March?

We were told by end of coming week or early following week. Really hope its no later than that. We understood that once carpets were fitted we could snag. The driveway is not paved yet nor is any of the pathways along the row completed. They might have to finish them before we can snag ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bulter503

We were told by end of coming week or early following week. Really hope its no later than that. We understood that once carpets were fitted we could snag. The driveway is not paved yet nor is any of the pathways along the row completed. They might have to finish them before we can snag ?
    I’m across the road from that row. Had to wait until the drive was in and the paths were down.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

We had a few snags around the paving in the drive way not being finished well in parts, make sure to check that fully too before singing off

Bulter503 wrote: »
    I’m across the road from that row. Had to wait until the drive was in and the paths were down.
    Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully they will be working on paths/driveway this week. Was there any other major issues with snag ?

Quintis wrote: »
    We had a few snags around the paving in the drive way not being finished well in parts, make sure to check that fully too before singing off
    Thanks very much will make that is well checked out. Any other major delays or issues ?

Have you all snagged on your own with a checklist or have you had professional snaggers? which would you recommend? (For when we eventually get a date of closure)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Have you all snagged on your own with a checklist or have you had professional snaggers? which would you recommend? (For when we eventually get a date of closure)

Vested interest here but....................... A good snagger will find things you would never dream of finding. While undertaking some inspections, I once found hot water coming to the toilet cistern! Another time there were spacers missing from underneath the staircase handrail. Also found the kitchen extractor fan venting into the cavity of the house. A supposedly new kitchen that wasn't - it was taken out of the flat below & fitted into my customers flat. I know money is tight when buying a property but IMO a snag list carried out by a professional is well worth it. It can save you money further down the line.

Has anyone in row 51-65 been giving notice of closing/ date of snag yet? Just seeing if ANH are on track or falling behind in relation to timelines. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Has anyone in row 51-65 been giving notice of closing/ date of snag yet? Just seeing if ANH are on track or falling behind in relation to timelines. Thanks!

No update as yet - really hoping to hear this evening as we were told the notice of closing would be issued week ending the 2nd of Feb

We have just been told late this afternoon (after several calls and emails trying to get an answer) that once again there is a site meeting schedule mid next wk and AN will revert back to us. At this point can’t believe a word AN says. All a site meeting has ever meant to us is further delays.

We have just been told late this afternoon (after several calls and emails trying to get an answer) that once again there is a site meeting schedule mid next wk and AN will revert back to us. At this point can’t believe a word AN says. All a site meeting has ever meant to us is further delays.
    This is so dissapointing & frustrating ,ANH emailed us on the 15th of December to advise that progress was on track & that notice of closing would be issued by week ending the 2nd of Feb . After 2 days of trying to contact ANH last week we were finally told that notice of closing would be issued this week or early next week. Here we are on Friday and no surprise not a word from them. Will have to physically go to the site next week to demand answers. Do not understand why site meeting did not place this week.

We heard that there is a site meeting happening today & we will be given an update this evening

We heard that there is a site meeting happening today & we will be given an update this evening

Thanks for that update.
    I’ll believe it when I see it though (sorry this process has turned me into a cynic)

Thanks for that update.
    I’ll believe it when I see it though (sorry this process has turned me into a cynic)

Just heard that notice of closing should be issued to us on Wednesday. The garden wall needs to be plastered & hoping this happens tomorrow. I just hope this means we are in a position to snag Thursday/Friday this week.

Hopefully that happens for you! We were out at the site at the weekend and ours doesn't look like it's at that stage at all yet but at least there's progress

• Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

Just heard that notice of closing should be issued to us on Wednesday. The garden wall needs to be plastered & hoping this happens tomorrow. I just hope this means we are in a position to snag Thursday/Friday this week.

Hi, any sign of positive news for you today?

Did anyone get to snag this week, from driving by the first few in row 51 on look really good.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, probably a silly question but can someone tell me about the showers installed. I don’t remember actually checking what type they are... whether electric or immersion? Just wondering whether it’s a turn of a tape for a hot shower or if you have to flick a switch and wait for it to heat up?

Advertisement