Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pakd

Hi,

We purchased in Nov 2016,row 51 onwards,not getting any definite answers from AN - they are so poor at responding to queries or updates. We were also originally told of a completion date of May/June 2017. Then told of delays until August 2017,end of October,end of November & then mid December but not definite. So frustrating not getting answers or being given any indication of when we might snag. Also had to re apply for a Mortgage ,change holidays & furniture deliveres. Frustrated & really fed up. Can't believe they launched phase 2 at the weekend !!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Pakd wrote: »
    Hi,

We purchased in Nov 2016,row 51 onwards,not getting any definite answers from AN - they are so poor at responding to queries or updates. We were also originally told of a completion date of May/June 2017. Then told of delays until August 2017,end of October,end of November & then mid December but not definite. So frustrating not getting answers or being given any indication of when we might snag. Also had to re apply for a Mortgage ,change holidays & furniture deliveres. Frustrated & really fed up. Can't believe they launched phase 2 at the weekend !!

We’re in that row too. We had someone out at the launch on Sunday and the estimate agent told them that the house won’t be finished until January - still all hearsay at the minute. I passed by the houses the other day and there has been no external plastering done for the last few weeks on that row but yet new structures being put up. Surely delays with the council are not delaying the plasterers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bulter503

Just wondering if there has been any success with getting Broadband and TV suppliers to the estate? was talking with Sky there today about canceling my current contract as we have to move back to the in laws house for an undefined period of time and he was saying that it is just dependant on Eir activating the exchang. any info appreciated :)

med1989 wrote: »
    We’re in that row too. We had someone out at the launch on Sunday and the estimate agent told them that the house won’t be finished until January - still all hearsay at the minute. I passed by the houses the other day and there has been no external plastering done for the last few weeks on that row but yet new structures being put up. Surely delays with the council are not delaying the plasterers.

I also called out to the launch of P2 at the weekend. They said that they expect to be able to move into the first of the houses there from july through to end of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

I received this email from AN this evening
    "I would like to confirm that Anthony Neville Homes have completed all ducting and associated works in relation to Virgin Media.  Our contracts manager spoke with a virgin media representative this afternoon and they have acknowledged that the connection works are now to be completed by Virgin Media"
    I'll be following up with virgin tmro and will post any further info

• Advertisement

Bulter503 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there has been any success with getting Broadband and TV suppliers to the estate? was talking with Sky there today about canceling my current contract as we have to move back to the in laws house for an undefined period of time and he was saying that it is just dependant on Eir activating the exchang. any info appreciated :)
    I had to move in with the folks too. I was advised to strip my sky tv package back to the basic. Approx 26 p/m. That way i could avail of a free home move. Saves a new connection fee. They also said I'd lose my loyalty status??

I had to move in with the folks too. I was advised to strip my sky tv package back to the basic. Approx 26 p/m. That way i could avail of a free home move. Saves a new connection fee. They also said I'd lose my loyalty status??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leflem

med1989 wrote: »
    Hi,

All Phase 1 houses should have received an updated completion date today from ANH. Now facing another delay. We are in this row of houses and have been advised of a March / April completion date.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭you2008

Leflem wrote: »
    All Phase 1 houses should have received an updated completion date today from ANH. Now facing another delay. We are in this row of houses and have been advised of a March / April completion date.

WOW, one and half yr waiting time for a new house, that is insane, forgive the rent that you have paid during the waiting time ( well, only if you pay rent).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Courtney01

I too have received an update from AN today. After many delays we were told Dec two weeks ago and now we are told Feb/March for notice of closure. Absolute disgrace! The amount of postponed holidays there have been and harassment from the furniture store! What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Leflem wrote: »

Yeah we've received the same update!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

Yeah we've received the same update!

Yep, we received that news too- delayed to April- cannot understand at this stage the reasons for further delay. Is it lack of manpower, poor management or something else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

The reasons I heard for the delay is due to the sewage pipes being laid incorrectly and therefore the houses cannot be signed off until fixed, god only knows how long that will take. The council won't sign off on these houses till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Courtney01

The reasons I heard for the delay is due to the sewage pipes being laid incorrectly and therefore the houses cannot be signed off until fixed, god only knows how long that will take. The council won't sign off on these houses till then.

Where did you hear that from? AN are certainly tight lipped to provide any kind of explanation. Kind of wonder when we get to our completion month will they just push it out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭benjilxp

you2008 wrote: »
    WOW, one and half yr waiting time for a new house, that is insane, forgive the rent that you have paid during the waiting time ( well, only if you pay rent).

Should look at hansfield wood in ongar,going from foundation to being painted in probably less than 6 weeks

Yes I know they had problems with the pipes but that was months ago and must be sorted now otherwise people wouldn't have been able to move in. I can't understand what the delay is now that our house is up- is it just poor time management, lack of tradesmen, you would think they'd want us all in as soon as possible so they can get their money!

Hi. Anyone manage to get internet in the estate yet? Virgin still not available. Any joy with any other providers and are they any good? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

No, cannot get answers from ANH. They are pointing the finger at Virgin and Virgin are pointing the finger at them. As far as I know, you can't get broadband in the estate yet until Virgin connect the lines or something?!

I spoke with someone in virgin on Friday. Said once they updated the system over the weekend I would be able to order Monday. Rang today and he had no clue what I was talking about. No update on their system since October. Will have to try again tmro. My phone signal is weak in the area so it's driving me crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Lexi77 wrote: »
    I spoke with someone in virgin on Friday. Said once they updated the system over the weekend I would be able to order Monday. Rang today and he had no clue what I was talking about. No update on their system since October. Will have to try again tmro. My phone signal is weak in the area so it's driving me crazy!

Think the delay is still with AN and not Virgin unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

I got connected by the virgin engineers on site yesterday. Keep the faith and keep calling!

2 VM technicians called to my door this morning to install boxes. Told me a neighbour had their equipment from previous home and plugged it in and it worked. He said "So your live and go ahead and order". Rang virgin....sorry the builder has yet to complete works. Seriously.... Told her the above story..on hold for ever with that head wreaking music!!
    To then be told no system hasn't been updated so unable to process an order.
    I'm trying to keep the faith....i think AN used up a lot of my patience this yr

We're the same. We've rang Virgin and they said its no connected but our neighbours were told they are connected so frustrated! Just wondering if you all received your welcome packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    We're the same. We've rang Virgin and they said its no connected but our neighbours were told they are connected so frustrated! Just wondering if you all received your welcome packs?

We got a set of An cups...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

Quintis wrote: »
    LeeC1990 wrote: »

We got a set of An cups...
    Welcome Packs? Like actual gifts from AN for moving in? Never heard of that :)

Haha no, but I like that idea! The welcome packs filled with the manuals, warranties, etc.

Quick question, as it is black friday and all that jazz, im looking to get smart lighting (philips hue etc,) and im just wondering if anyone of the people moved in can tel me what the spot lights in the kitchen are?? I assume they are the standard GU10 ones??

Just wondering how progress is going in estate? Will any of the houses to the front be occupied by Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Hi,

Do you mind me asking, did you have any issues with the re applying for the mortgage?

Advertisement