Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Jaster Rogue

We were going to buy in phase 3 (think it was phase 3 anyway, 445k for the 4 bed semi) and were worried about the halting site across the road. What put me off was on the satellite image view on google maps if you zoom into the field to the right of halting site you can see big piles of rubbish dumped. There's one really huge pile directly behind one of the houses. Decided it wasn't worth the guts of half a million euros to live near that. It's a recent image too, you can see nearly the full Carton Wood development across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

We were going to buy in phase 3 (think it was phase 3 anyway, 445k for the 4 bed semi) and were worried about the halting site across the road. What put me off was on the satellite image view on google maps if you zoom into the field to the right of halting site you can see big piles of rubbish dumped. There's one really huge pile directly behind one of the houses. Decided it wasn't worth the guts of half a million euros to live near that. It's a recent image too, you can see nearly the full Carton Wood development across the road.

Have been living in the estate 18 months and haven't had a bit of bother from the halting site, wouldn't even know they are there

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Hi folks, anyone know roughly what the average monthly creche fees are for Maynooth?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Brian King

Which row are you in Brian?
    The row facing the green on the last phase,, being finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SillyMonkey

Would anyone PM me who they would recommend to do a snag list for me? Thanks in advance. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Hi folks, anyone know roughly what the average monthly creche fees are for Maynooth?Thanks

There are only 3 or 4 creches in Maynooth and half of them won't take under 2's. I booked Giraffe in Celbridge, 8 min drive from Carton Wood and its €1050 per month full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Quintis wrote: »
    Have been living in the estate 18 months and haven't had a bit of bother from the halting site, wouldn't even know they are there

Agreed! It's not like its a house in the halting site people are paying 445k for. I'd love to see ariel photos of half of Dublin. Carton Wood is a great development and in 18 mths there has been zero issues, and the road is spotless.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Doctor Bojangles

Hi.

Does anyone know if there’s going to be a phase 4?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

stayed in one of these last night on a friends couch. Have to say I was dissapointed.

I was staying in the living room on the ground floor, there was a newborn in a house around the corner (adjoined on the corner) on the first floor and it woke me up crying in the morning. The road noise was very noticeable , between the floors in the house arent insulated well either, could hear people walking around.

not impressed at all.

Agreed! It's not like its a house in the halting site people are paying 445k for.

What would it matter if the house was in the halting site, if there's no trouble? Just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The road noise was very noticeable
    I'm surprised that they just didn't build a wall there. The railings may look nicer, but does nothing for sound insulation. Hopefully they'll build a wall of evergreens along it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

in 18 mths there has been zero issues
    I assume there is still security on site? Well, at least until all the phases are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the_syco wrote: »
    I assume there is still security on site? Well, at least until all the phases are done.

They may have to leave them there till every phase is done, considering every spot on this map has some sort of anti traveller defenses installed or has had caravans removed in the last year , may not be related to the site accross the road but theyre certainly determined to be around that estate.

480120.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tp1980

stayed in one of these last night on a friends couch. Have to say I was dissapointed.

I was staying in the living room on the ground floor, there was a newborn in a house around the corner (adjoined on the corner) on the first floor and it woke me up crying in the morning. The road noise was very noticeable , between the floors in the house arent insulated well either, could hear people walking around.

not impressed at all.

I do agree that the noise insulation is not great, I can hear every step someone makes on the first floor and if doors are closed. It is very annoying and i didn't expect it to be this bad. Is there anything that could be done in respect of this?

tp1980 wrote: »
    I do agree that the noise insulation is not great, I can hear every step someone makes on the first floor and if doors are closed. It is very annoying and i didn't expect it to be this bad. Is there anything that could be done in respect of this?

There are building regulations controlling this:

https://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad%2C39956%2Cen.pdf

You would probably need to pay for independent testing to verify if the house complies with latest regulations, if not I'm not sure what the next step in the process is. Maybe some kind of legal action against the developer?

Edit: it's in the document attached:
    2.2.5.2 Where a failed test has occurred, remedial works to the failed element should be carried out until the element at least meets the performance levels of Table 1 when re-tested. Dwellings on the same site completed prior to the failed test (excluding those proven acceptable by previous tests) should either have similar remedial work carried out or demonstrate by testing that they meet the performance levels of Table 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tp1980

There are building regulations controlling this:

https://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad%2C39956%2Cen.pdf

You would probably need to pay for independent testing to verify if the house complies with latest regulations, if not I'm not sure what the next step in the process is. Maybe some kind of legal action against the developer?

Edit: it's in the document attached:

Many thanks for the details provided, I will have to familiarize myself with these provisions and see what can be done.

Is there any group chat set for the Carton Wood residents? I do not think it is very wise to have public posts discussing certain matters about the state of the estate...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 laraine94

Just wondering if anyone here was able to source the bricks for the driveway anywhere?

We want to fill in some of the front drive as we're parking on some of the grass. We were quoted €600 by one of the builders on site to do it for us but it seems a bit steep to me - we only need 2-3 more lines of brick.

Advertisement