Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pakd

westsider wrote: »
    Did anyone get to snag this week, from driving by the first few in row 51 on look really good.

Hi

We snagged today in that row & we are very impressed with high standard of finish. The foreman called a few times to see how we found it. The main things to be re done is paint touch ups especially the front door & certain areas downstairs but overall everything is really well finished. Builder is confidient the touch ups will be done quickly. Hoping to get keys within the week.

Courtney01 wrote: »
    Hi guys, probably a silly question but can someone tell me about the showers installed. I don’t remember actually checking what type they are... whether electric or immersion? Just wondering whether it’s a turn of a tape for a hot shower or if you have to flick a switch and wait for it to heat up?
    We snagged today & the showers are not electric however the pressure seemed very good. We had heating on and got hot water fairly quickly . Assume we'll be shown more once the keys are handed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

That's great news! I hope ours comes along a bit quicker over the coming weeks.

med1989 wrote: »
    That's great news! I hope ours comes along a bit quicker over the coming weeks.
    Thanks ,we are really very pleased with the house overall. The tiling/plastering etc was excellent. Good luck to you & hope you are not waiting much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭itzme

Courtney01 wrote: »
    Hi guys, probably a silly question but can someone tell me about the showers installed. I don’t remember actually checking what type they are... whether electric or immersion? Just wondering whether it’s a turn of a tape for a hot shower or if you have to flick a switch and wait for it to heat up?

For our house it is definitely immersion controlled. I was told that this was intentional to meet the BER rating. The house has a pressurised hot water system and adding electric showers would reduce the energy efficiency and could drop the house out of the A rating. Similar story (although a little more convoluted) as to why the solar panels can't heat the hot water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Courtney01

Thank you for the replies! Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Charlie2011

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has moved into the 4 bed semis (with new layout) and how you find storage in the kitchen? Does it seem limited as no overhead presses?
    Also can you opt to choose for different flooring?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has moved into the 4 bed semis (with new layout) and how you find storage in the kitchen? Does it seem limited as no overhead presses?
    Also can you opt to choose for different flooring?
    Thanks!

Hi there, we have not moved in yet but have bought one of the new layouts. We did make some adjustments to the kitchen to fit in additional storage. We were able to meet with the kitchen company and pay the extra costs for what we wanted directly to them. Regarding the floor, there is tiling as standard but again we were able to change this with the floor supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaffodilGirll

Hi there,
    I have bought a house in Carton Wood and have been told they'll start building in about a months time due for completion in August. I was just wondering was the timescale you were originally given adhered to, particularly those of you who are at the closing stage now? And when did they start building. My kids are due to start school in September in Maynooth so hoping not to be too delayed!
    Sorry for crashing your thread.
    Daff

Hi there,
    I have bought a house in Carton Wood and have been told they'll start building in about a months time due for completion in August. I was just wondering was the timescale you were originally given adhered to, particularly those of you who are at the closing stage now? And when did they start building. My kids are due to start school in September in Maynooth so hoping not to be too delayed!
    Daff
    Hi, unfortuantly our schedule was pushed and pushed. We bought in Feb2017, with a initial move in date of sept17, this was pushed to Oct,Dec,Jan and now we are due to be complete in March/April. Don’t want to alarm you too much, there were definitely unforeseen issues on the site which caused a serious delay for us, those problems should be behind them now though. It does look like houses are going up much quicker now. In the end our house didn’t start building until Sept17, so about 6-7months from build start to closing (hopefully!) for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

Hi there,
    Daff
    We put deposit down end of Feb 2017, expected move in date at that stage was August and now we are expecting to close in April! There were big problems with the first phase and these just slowed everything down so I don't think there should still be that length of a delay. Construction didn't really start on our house until August but again was slow.
    Unfortunately I'd take everything builders say with a large pinch of salt and have back up plans for yourself.
    We've 2 children in schools in Maynooth & they love it, best of luck with the move when it comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Top_Guy

Hi everyone. We have bought a 4 bed semi type b house, due to be completed in october.

I've noticed that the kitchen and the sitting area at the back of the house are in different positions in the showhouse and on the floorplans on the carton wood website.

Can anyone tell me if the new builds have the same layout as the showhouse or the floorplans? Im hoping that its the showhouse design as thats what swung it for us to buy the house in the end.

Top_Guy wrote: »
    Hi everyone. We have bought a 4 bed semi type b house, due to be completed in october.

I've noticed that the kitchen and the sitting area at the back of the house are in different positions in the showhouse and on the floorplans on the carton wood website.

Can anyone tell me if the new builds have the same layout as the showhouse or the floorplans? Im hoping that its the showhouse design as thats what swung it for us to buy the house in the end.

Hi, the new houses are the same layout as the showhouse design, the website doesn’t have this design updated on their floorplans. No harm checking with the builder/your contract just Incase

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Manualo

Pakd wrote: »
    We got on to ANH & their response was they had to abide to Kildare CoCo plans. They sent us a copy of the plans that were approved in 2009 which shows that the council only gave options for fencing along that row. ANH couldn't give a reason as to why fencing was the only option. It baffles me as to how there is block,capped side walls built to the exact same boundry limit but yet could not put a back wall on that same boundry limit. We are waiting to hear from our Solicitor to see if any comeback or clause in Contract. As usual ANH were unwilling to offer any solution & blamed it all on Council plans but yet they were happy not to disclose this information at any point during sales.

Thanks ,still no date & couldn't give us a definite answer yesterday as to when we might get notice ! Frustrating

Hi Med1989, Westsider, Pakd and NM123

We purchased one of the houses with an east facing garden. We have also contacted ANH to query whether a blocked capped wall would be built and were infuriated to hear their response that due to PP they will not be putting any capped wall along the eastern boundary houses.

We have visited the development today and only a wired fencing has been put up. The building specification does not expressly provide for such wired fencing, rather it only includes the caveat that blocked capped wall will be provided, subject to PP. The building specification should have expressly provided for this before anyone contracted for these properties. There is no mention of common green wired fencing in the building specification.

We cant have a case where each property has different back boundaries, one with a fence, one with a self-built wall etc. There needs to be conformity in the estate, especially at this early stage.

In such case, ANH need to clarify how they intend to deal with this. I don't think this should be one solution for one property rather we need a solution for all properties from 51-65 and 66-70. We can't be willing to compromise but rather insist, as ANH and their agents (that being Savills)have been misleading and misrepresenting in suggesting that these will have enhanced privacy. ANH failed to disclose this to the purchasers at the outset. In such case, a unilateral approach needs to be adopted.

Thanks

Manualo wrote: »
    Hi Med1989, Westsider, Pakd and NM123

We purchased one of the houses with an east facing garden. We have also contacted ANH to query whether a blocked capped wall would be built and were infuriated to hear their response that due to PP they will not be putting any capped wall along the eastern boundary houses.

We have visited the development today and only a wired fencing has been put up. The building specification does not expressly provide for such wired fencing, rather it only includes the caveat that blocked capped wall will be provided, subject to PP. The building specification should have expressly provided for this before anyone contracted for these properties. There is no mention of common green wired fencing in the building specification.

We cant have a case where each property has different back boundaries, one with a fence, one with a self-built wall etc. There needs to be conformity in the estate, especially at this early stage.

In such case, ANH need to clarify how they intend to deal with this. I don't think this should be one solution for one property rather we need a solution for all properties from 51-65 and 66-70. We can't be willing to compromise but rather insist, as ANH and their agents (that being Savills)have been misleading and misrepresenting in suggesting that these will have enhanced privacy. ANH failed to disclose this to the purchasers at the outset. In such case, a unilateral approach needs to be adopted.

Thanks

Hi there,
    Unfortunately, without a change to the planning permission its unlikely anything such as alternative fencing or wall will be possible.
    This doesn't change the fact that the contracts do not specify the fence & this is something we have raised with AN...

Hi

We snagged today in that row & we are very impressed with high standard of finish. The foreman called a few times to see how we found it. The main things to be re done is paint touch ups especially the front door & certain areas downstairs but overall everything is really well finished. Builder is confidient the touch ups will be done quickly. Hoping to get keys within the week.

Hi, did you get your snags completed & a date for receiving your keys?

Anybody have any updates after the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bulter503

Anybody have any updates after the week?
    We are in 2 weeks now!! Happy out. Few minor issues but nothing notable. Like pulling teeth to get virgin set up

NM123 wrote: »

Hi ,

We received our keys on Friday & are in since. Very happy with everything, only issue is trying to connect to Virgin. They are saying that the ESB needs to connect cables from 51 onwards but ANH advised that all work was completed on their side.
    Anyone else have this issue ?

Bulter503 wrote: »
    We are in 2 weeks now!! Happy out. Few minor issues but nothing notable. Like pulling teeth to get virgin set up

Did you get Virgin set up yet ? We're having issues with them aswell.

• Advertisement

NM123 wrote: »

Hi ,

We received our keys on Friday & are in since. Very happy with everything, only issue is trying to connect to Virgin. They are saying that the ESB needs to connect cables from 51 onwards but ANH advised that all work was completed on their side.
    Anyone else have this issue ?

Hey,
    I’m still waiting on virgin also, but the only progress I made with them was in their store in blanchardstown. I had no success on the phone with them and am actually still waiting Fr a call back with the last 2 weeks... SaorView for now!

Hey,
    I’m still waiting on virgin also, but the only progress I made with them was in their store in blanchardstown. I had no success on the phone with them and am actually still waiting Fr a call back with the last 2 weeks... SaorView for now!

I received a callback from Virgin today & they advised that the cables from the ESB still need to go in but ANH say everything is done ! Very frustrating as someone is not telling the truth !

Hey all,
    Please give your gutters a good thorough inspection in your snag after the heavy snow. Some damage to gutters done over the last week.

Hey all,
    Please give your gutters a good thorough inspection in your snag after the heavy snow. Some damage to gutters done over the last week.

IF we ever get called to get a snag done ..... thanks for the heads up.

this might be a long shot - would anyone have exact dimensions of the kitchen / snug area in the type b 4 bed semi d? if not ill have to go up to measure the room out myself in the showhouse - thanks.

I have just been using the planning permission plans from the Kildare county council website.

I have just been using the planning permission plans from the Kildare county council website.

Whats this now? Would you have a link handy there for that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Polar

Hi All, 
    Just wondering did anyone who moved in recently have any update on VirginMedia? I can't seem to get anywhere with them over the phone :(

Top_Guy wrote: »
    Whats this now? Would you have a link handy there for that please?

Let me know if this works
    http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=1984117&format=jpeg

• Advertisement

Let me know if this works

Great, thanks a million

Advertisement