Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish TV - gone?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Let's not get carried away:rolleyes:
    Well I'm not getting carried away. I know many new licences appear on the Ofcom monthly update website page and sometimes they don't see the light of day but I think if there is a chance that the Irish Post UK have obtained a broadcasting licence it would be good for those people who are living outside Ireland to have a source providing irish content which our government and national broadcaster fail to do. It will be interesting to see if anything happens over the coming weeks or months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Well I'm not getting carried away. I know many new licences appear on the Ofcom monthly update website page and sometimes they don't see the light of day but I think if there is a chance that the Irish Post UK have obtained a broadcasting licence it would be good for those people who are living outside Ireland to have a source providing irish content which our government and national broadcaster fail to do. It will be interesting to see if anything happens over the coming weeks or months.

Details concerning the licence owners:

http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/radiolicensing/html/tv/cs/tlcs101822ba1irishtvuk.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

IIRC last Sunday's newspapers mentioned something about it reappearing as an online channel, must dig through the recycling later.

https://www.businesspost.ie/business/irish-tv-set-relaunch-383306

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Clonsk

Most likely that Irish Post may facilitate access to old material ONLINE. Heard no plan of action other than perception and speculation. Would be a good idea for Irish Post to outline any anticipated plans in the near future utilising the Irishtv brand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

RIP Irish TV. They had a big presence at last year national ploughing championships. They were filming for their programming. They had a big stand. They had the Saorview logo incorporated into their display stand. Very seldom tuned into them. I presume nobody else was watching Irish TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there still something broadcasting in the slot? I deleted it a while ago because I thought it was gone.

Mother says channel gone completely off Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It's been gone awhile and doesn't look like returning in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It was removed on 8th March. Post #202

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Singer Tommy Fleming awarded €150k for 'serious setback' with copyright breach http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/singer-tommy-fleming-awarded-150k-for-serious-setback-with-copyright-breach-35970181.html
    While Mr Fleming accepted that he his wife and their company may not get much out of any damages award against a firm in liquidation he said he had to proceed with his action because the case centered around what was their work.

Advertisement