Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Fighting one of the cleaners at the arena I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gamebred wrote: »

That's handy, she can wipe her own blood off the mat afterwards then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

just catching up with rogans latest and i made it about 20 mins in before switching off...is it just me or is joey diaz the least funny human imaginable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Depp wrote: »
    just catching up with rogans latest and i made it about 20 mins in before switching off...is it just me or is joey diaz the least funny human imaginable?

His stories are mad. I like listening to him myself, each ti their own i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Big fan of uncle Joey but he can get a bit over the top. The stories are insane.

Ranch?

It's blue cheese or go f**K your motha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Depp wrote: »

He's easier to listen to than Eddie Bravo and his god-damn conspiracy theories

Him taking the piss out of Callen for using CNN and Washington Post as his news sources, yet when pressed for the source of the video on a conspiracy theory on youtube "it doesn't matter"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Him taking the piss out of Callen for using CNN and Washington Post as his news sources, yet when pressed for the source of the video on a conspiracy theory on youtube "it doesn't matter"

Callen is the single most annoying person on any podcast and one of the least funny stand ups on the planet.

Callen is the single most annoying person on any podcast and one of the least funny stand ups on the planet.

Schaub is a close 2nd, absolute moron the guy goes on likes he bill gates now hes retired constantly mentioning how successful he is after mma but others will be broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Schaub is a close 2nd, absolute moron the guy goes on likes he bill gates now hes retired constantly mentioning how successful he is after mma but others will be broke.

Hundred percent. For sure.

I will admit that I love to hate him though

Agreed.

Did you see his argument with Eddie on the latest fight companion though? Great line from him "I don't get my news from YouTube"

• Advertisement

ah eddie is hilarious...that exchange between the two of them on the last fight companion had me in stitches...then when eddie got full towards the end and went off the rails altogether :D

Eddie does be on the complete wind up with his conspiracies and they all bite every time cant beat a fight companion.

Eddie does be on the complete wind up with his conspiracies and they all bite every time cant beat a fight companion.

agree there, thats why i wouldnt mind rogan leaving his post with the ufc we'd see them a lot more often!

I don't think he's on the wind up he's just that much of a tit sometimes

I always find it funny how nobody seems like to like Callen or Schaub yet TFATK is still going and the fight companions with those guys does better than most other JRE podcasts

And they are very unlikeable at times, Schaub is literally a soundboard of the same quotes and Callen doesn't know jack about anything

I don't think he's on the wind up he's just that much of a tit sometimes

I always find it funny how nobody seems like to like Callen or Schaub yet TFATK is still going and the fight companions with those guys does better than most other JRE podcasts

And they are very unlikeable at times, Schaub is literally a soundboard of the same quotes and Callen doesn't know jack about anything

Ah he does believe a lot on conspiracies no doubt but he exaggerates the life out of his beliefs when Callen is around to get him going then sits back laughing,

I like Schaubs anti UFC stance and Reebok hate he spits when it gets to the end of the week and I've gotten through MMA Hour and Rogan,Diaz's episodes I will download TFATK for my commute.

Ah he does believe a lot on conspiracies no doubt but he exaggerates the life out of his beliefs when Callen is around to get him going then sits back laughing,

I like Schaubs anti UFC stance and Reebok hate he spits when it gets to the end of the week and I've gotten through MMA Hour and Rogan,Diaz's episodes I will download TFATK for my commute.

Have a look at his instagram, he's not exaggerating :pac:

I'd listen to Chael Sonnen's podcast long before TFATK, don't think I've ever listened to more than a couple of episodes of TFATK, usually snippets on youtube

Bisping is starting one in the new year too that could worth a listen

I'd listen to Chael Sonnen's podcast long before TFATK, don't think I've ever listened to more than a couple of episodes of TFATK, usually snippets on youtube

Is bisping not already doing one? Or is he starting another?

I like tfatk and i love eddie bravos mad conspiracy stuff. I tried chaels but i cant listen to anything from podcast one as the ads drive me mental.

I like the schaub rogan breakdowns and i love listening to callen going on like he knows all when in fact he knows nuttin

Is bisping not already doing one? Or is he starting another?

I like tfatk and i love eddie bravos mad conspiracy stuff. I tried chaels but i cant listen to anything from podcast one as the ads drive me mental.

I like the schaub rogan breakdowns and i love listening to callen going on like he knows all when in fact he knows nuttin

Well he's startin this one soon, seen it on r/mma

https://twitter.com/luisjgomez/status/807002371184332801

Callen's just a fan really, a lot of us would prob end up looking like him when put in those guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Girl she is fighting is 9-1 with a victory over the current SFW world champ according to SKY TV comenatators.

Well he's startin this one soon, seen it on r/mma

https://twitter.com/luisjgomez/status/807002371184332801

Callen's just a fan really, a lot of us would prob end up looking like him when put in those guys

Think the other one is the countdown. Also think the same fella does/done it with him. Actually could be a sirius show. Too lazy to google

Ill have to add this new one to my pocast list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Good win for Katie and a great performance. Girls she beat was pretty decent actually and very game but Katie took her to cleaners in fairness. 60-53

On the podcasts, I can't believe the fighter and the kid does as well as it does. I don't think the conversation is good enough.

They fit in very well with the fight companions though. In fairness to Schaub he has good knowledge. And Callen and Bravo when they clash is always entertaining.

I wouldn't say I dont like tfatk it can be good sometimes...used to never miss an ep but id only listen to the odd one lately. Chaels is actually not bad, say what you like about him hes a born entertainer. on the topic of podcasts anyone ever listen to dan carlins one? its interesting stuff

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

John_D80 wrote: »
    Good win for Katie and a great performance. Girls she beat was pretty decent actually and very game but Katie took her to cleaners in fairness. 60-53

Was her last fight not just a few weeks ago? How long till she fights a champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

I understand being skeptical of what you are being told and whats in the news and it's healthy to question it.

But Eddie Bravo is a lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Was her last fight not just a few weeks ago? How long till she fights a champ?

Yep, two weeks previous.

She's signed with Matchroom so expect to see a lot of this sort of thing. Lots of fights and lots of one sided ones at that. You only have to look at that horrendous card last weekend to see what way she'll be promoted.

I understand her opponent this weekend was better, but I hope they push Katie up in quality quicker than with other fighters. It took ages to get Joshua a decent fight, against Klitschko.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Happy New Year folks, all the best for 2017! Hope its a good one for you all and for MMA!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Chael Sonnen is one of the participants in the Celebrity Apprentice airing at the minute in the states, Arnie has took over from Trump also as the one doing the firing. Not much from Chael in the first episode but will be interesting to see how he gets on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Axwell wrote: »
    Chael Sonnen is one of the participants in the Celebrity Apprentice airing at the minute in the states, Arnie has took over from Trump also as the one doing the firing. Not much from Chael in the first episode but will be interesting to see how he gets on.

I'm in the middle of watching the first episode now. Couldn't believe it when I seen Chael walking into the room. Hopefully, he does well. He's a funny guy so should get some screen time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Limerick is class

Advertisement