Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Roald Dahl

We had these a few nights ago.

Beetroot burgers. :eek::pac:

Beetroot-Burgers.jpg

Slices of breaded and deep fried raw beetroot that taste pretty tasty!

I came up with the idea after seeing this:

We've actually made these quite a few times already in the past. Well worth making!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Gosh do vegan beetroot burgers in Lidl if you ever want to get them. They are pretty good if you don't have time in future.

https://www.goshfood.com/product/beetroot-kale-quinoa-burgers/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

cefh17 wrote: »
    Got a little dumpling crimper, makes life so much easier, aka I'm too lazy to do it by hand
    ]

I don't think you can make homemade dumplings for the freezer and be lazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haven't posted here in a while so just sharing a couple of dishes I made over the break that were lovely.

I made a very simple Leek, Ham and Turkey Pie. Just used shop bought puff pastry for convenience. Going to make this again tonight which reminded me to post. This time I'm using the meat from the chicken thighs that I cooked last month for the Christmas Day Gravy. I'll chuck in some shop bought shredded ham too.

539328.jpg

Had some pastry left over so made sausage rolls and they were so nice and simple to do. Kids loved them so I've done them again.

539329.jpg

On NYE I made Salmon Blinis. First time making Blinis. A bit of work making them as you use yeast but they were so worth the effort. Topped them with sourcream, lemon zest, dill and lumpfish caviar no less! :D

539330.JPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sticky "Honey" Ginger Sesame Cauliflower Wings with "cheesy" chive chips and cinnamon buns.

gSRNu7Ll.jpg

m96ggTVl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Our last bottle of delicious Cypriot Wine :( paired with a Fillet Steak and Fondant Potatoes for my girlfriends birthday. Those little cakes are deeeeelicious!

oQRzL2rl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Wow Bazmo they all look amazing!

Conor, the steak looks delicious, where did you get the cakes?!

leahyl wrote: »
    Wow Bazmo they all look amazing!

Conor, the steak looks delicious, where did you get the cakes?!

Dunnes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

conor_ie wrote: »
    Dunnes!

Eeexxxcellent :D Thank you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mr Dizzy cooked beef teriyaki tonight. It was fab.

20210113-191753.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Pasta bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Roast leg of lamb, with orange sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, potatoes and tomatoes.
    We got distracted and forgot to make a gravy :o

539408.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Any time I've eaten them in Germany they are peeled, boiled, sliced and fried with thinly sliced onions and sometimes chopped leftover ham.

The ones I was eating this week were from a vacuum pack from Lidl which you just toss into the pan with some oil till slightly crisped. Easy peasy.

Influenced by this post, last night we had fried potatoes with onions and mushrooms, with sausages and an egg on top.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Influenced by this post, last night we had fried potatoes with onions and mushrooms, with sausages and an egg on top.

Delish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Finally made my toad in the hole.
    Sunk a bit cause I had to open the oven but it wasnt a lump of stodge this time! Glad i havent lost my yorkie making abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Be right back

Chicken curry and rice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had leftover chicken curry in the freezer so I turned it into a pie and we had it with Aldi skin on fries.

20210114-183633.jpg

20210114-185621.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

@Dizzy.

I highly recommend the Aldi beef dripping fries.

I had leftover chicken curry in the freezer so I turned it into a pie and we had it with Aldi skin on fries.

Nice dish! ;) Tesco?

attachment.php?attachmentid=539507&d=1610665317

Went vegetarian tonight with a recipe from Jamie Oliver’s Veg book. Mrs. B picked it out. Tbh, I probably wouldn’t have picked it out as there was quite a bit of work in it. Annoyingly the recipe was worded in such a way that made it sound much easier to prep, e.g. “place spices in pan and fry for a couple of minutes, meanwhile prepare five ingredients and put in blender and then add to the pan”

If I did it in real time everything would’ve been burnt!! Anyway, luckily I read it beforehand and prepped everything so it was pretty easy to pull together.

Cauliflower and Paneer Tikka Masala. It was lovely. First time having Paneer and I really liked it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=539506&d=1610665317

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Nice dish! ;) Tesco?

Yes! I love enamel pie dishes :)

• Advertisement

Yes! I love enamel pie dishes :)

They’ve a great range of those white and *blue trim ones. Picked up a few different shapes and sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They’ve a great range of those white and trim ones. Picked up a few different shapes and sizes.

We have some that my grandmother used back in the day. Love them. I always think of her when I see a white and blue enamel dish or cup etc.

Today was a boring simple dinner in our house. Dad decided he wanted bacon and spuds so that was made as was some cauliflower cheese veggie burgers for mum and I and a pot of mixed veg thrown into a frying pan with onions, garlic and cheese sauce.

I will be more creative over the weekend, its been a busy week at work, only just finished about an hour now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The quality on the previous page is off the charts. Fair play to you guys/gals pictured.

Users cefh17, Roald Dahl, BaZmO*, Tar.Aldarion, conor_ie, johnmcdnl... Fanstastic work.

Bonus mention to that beetroot burger. Really want to try one.

ES2JcYOl.jpg

Miamee mentioned a Butternut Squash Curry on another thread a couple of days ago so I made it with Tikka Paste instead of Madras. There was enough for 2 nights and last night I got some Garlic Naan which I should got the first night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My cheat day today so treated myself to a nice burger from a michelin star place that has turned into a takeaway burger spot.

Did think the meat is better in Bunson, however the rest was much better. £16 so not crazy expensive.

ccDG_PVM?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

RasTa wrote: »
    My cheat day today so treated myself to a nice burger from a michelin star place that has turned into a takeaway burger spot.

Did think the meat is better in Bunson, however the rest was much better. £16 so not crazy expensive.
    ]

The patties in Bunsen are so tasty. Really beefy!
    I haven't tasted a better pattie that I can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Roast chook with lentils, roasted tomato,pepper and onions for me tonight.

It will be chicken chips and gravy for the other half when he gets home as he only eats spuds and roasted carrots for vegetables :rolleyes: :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vegan sushi combo - Sova (their kebab is AMAZING btw):

XAhOdGAl.jpg

Mixed mushroom ragu gnocchi - Sova:

8shlNcdl.jpg

Berry Crumble - Sova:

wKAvtyel.jpg

Seitan spice bag - Token:

MiuMUe8l.jpg

Seitan burger - Token (their vegan big mac is unreal too:

k6vIaETl.jpg

Biscoff cake - It's a Trap:

hT7gQUQl.jpg

Spicy black bean salad and Mexican rice.

IMG-20210115-193342529.jpg

• Advertisement

Cottage pie.

20210115-185630.jpg

Advertisement