Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Did slow roast neck of lamb with onions, garlic, bay leafs and allspice last night.
    Had baked potatoes and tenderstem broccoli.

Leftovers will become a shepherd's pie and maybe some lamby tomato ragu.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I did a Chinese takeaway style beef curry.

Sirloin steak cut into pieces with onion chunks, mushroom and peas.

Cheated a wee bit, as the sauce was made with the help of mayflower curry sauce powder.

Basmati rice and a handful of skin on fries.

IMG-20210116-174950.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Chorizo spinach and chickpea stew served with microwaveable veg rice from Aldi - delicious, would definitely make again! I wasn’t expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

leahyl wrote: »
    Chorizo spinach and chickpea stew served with microwaveable veg rice from Aldi - delicious, would definitely make again! I wasn’t expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

Nice!

Rich/spiced meat and pulses always go well together.
    I do something similar with chorizo, butterbeans and red pepper.

• Advertisement

I made rigatoni with broccoli and Italian sausage.

The pasta was mixed with a stir through red pepper and walnut pesto (store bought).
    Sausage and broccoli were cooked separately and all mixed together at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Where do you get the Italian sausage? I always see it mentioned in US recipes but can never find it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Where do you get the Italian sausage? I always see it mentioned in US recipes but can never find it over here.

I get them in M&S. if you’re stuck just get a meaty sausage and add in some bashed fennel seeds and a small amount of spice/chilli.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

I got mine in an Italian deli Molly, but as Baz says, it's a fennel seed flavoured sausage, but get a high pork % sausage and add fennel seeds (not too much! you don't want it to taste of liquorice allsorts!).

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Chicken breasts with bbq sauce, mash, corn and roasted brussel sprouts (I could eat a plate of these by themselves, as a not huge vegetable lover)

OxDjRf1.jpg

• Advertisement

Indian takeaway. Second takeaway this week! Lamb chettinadu with rice, garlic naan and onion bhaji.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We made chicken fajitas, including homemade salsa. It's actually quite a lot of work, but so tasty!

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Basic enough dinner tonight. Rib eye with spuds, broccoli and blackberry jous.

attachment.php?attachmentid=539725&d=1610832907

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mango puree, chia pudding made with organic chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup and hint of vanilla extract, topped with coconut chips and brazil nuts.

0NIrX27l.jpg

Spinach, black rice, miso-roasted aubergine, roasted sweet potato, tenderstem brocolli, pea & mint mash, toasted seeds & pomegranate seeds. Dressing: tahini, lemon & garlic

n9GH6ujl.jpg

Massaged cavolo nero, soba noodles, marinated tempeh, balsamic roasted mushrooms, red cabbage & carrot slaw, avocado, spring onion & toasted cashew nuts. Dressing: tahini, lemon & garlic

4svMMxEl.jpg

Sourdough baguette with vegan spicy breaded chicken, garlic mayo, sweet corn, coleslaw, stuffing.

hjWLhzJl.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Do you eat all your meals outdoors Tar Aldarion? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Recliner

Seafood Red Thai curry. Prawn, mussel, crabmeat.
    Nice kick of heat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

awec wrote: »
    Do you eat all your meals outdoors Tar Aldarion? :D

As a vegan, I am at one with nature :pac:
    More outside shots incoming haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Homemade battered chicken, baked, with a Korean Gochujang sauce

Kjw2yjGl.jpg

That looks beautiful johnmcdnl.

We had home made savoury meatballs, carrots, broccoli, creamy mash, cranberry sauce and gravy. Lovingly prepared. It was delicious. We ate it really fast while a small angry tyrant screamed in our faces for ten minutes. :pac:

Busy day food shopping and cooking today!

For dinner I made Mac and Cheese with added shredded chicken and finely diced chorizo with greens. It was lovely and very filling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=539853&d=1610928403

Also made a big pot of chilli that I’ll have tomorrow and freeze the rest.

attachment.php?attachmentid=539854&d=1610928403

• Advertisement

I thought for a moment your phone was lying on top of the chilli. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I thought for a moment your phone was lying on top of the chilli. :D

The chocolate looks like it's photoshopped into the picture :D

I know, it looks mental. :D Too good not to share.

Chilli looks epic Baz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I was gonna say it looks like a "chocolate square for scale " kinda thing.
    Looks great. I must make chili..havent had it in an age!

Spatchcock peri peri chicken with potatoe cubes done in the air fryer, and a simple side salad.

IMG-20210118-172318.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

We had roast chicken, with Bombay potatoes and honey roasted carrots, and some mango chutney.
    The bombay potatoes were fab - diced potatoes and red onion with Green Saffron spice blend.

Burger and chips here. The small fella licked the plate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken Meatballs with Oriental Greens,
    Lime and Ginger. Meatballs collapsed into mince but still tasted good.

3-D67-C5-D3-FE0-A-4462-84-A4-1-A652-A623-AD9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Prepped a veg and lentil Malaysian style curry for tomorrow and cooked the rice too.

So made fried rice with veg and Quorn chicken pieces for this evening from some of the rice for my mum and I and an omelette for my dad.

Advertisement