Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I did the home made buffalo wings thing. I did not take a photo but sure you all know what they look like. :pac:

22 minutes in the air fryer, tossed in a sauce of 50/50 Frank's and butter, and eaten with a home made blue cheese dip (Stilton, sour cream and mayo). Food of the gods.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken fried rice. Without peas because I had none, but it was still lovely.

20210103-185829.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,129 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Whilst this is making my mouth water, please please tell me you added more veg to that plate after you took the picture? Coz 2 little stumps of carrot and parsnip for dinner would make me cry.

Nope. Sorry. There was a fair amount of eating on the plate for me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I did the home made buffalo wings thing. I did not take a photo but sure you all know what they look like. :pac:

22 minutes in the air fryer, tossed in a sauce of 50/50 Frank's and butter, and eaten with a home made blue cheese dip (Stilton, sour cream and mayo). Food of the gods.

I eat them at least once a fortnight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jack747

Got this hoisin duck set over the xmas in Aldi and finally got to use it .
    Chopped some courgette(not a cucumber fan ) spring onions and carrots. Was so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Have you a stammer Jack ? lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

He ducked up his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Ish66 wrote: »
    Have you a stammer Jack ? lol :D

I think boards has a stammer lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Whilst this is making my mouth water, please please tell me you added more veg to that plate after you took the picture? Coz 2 little stumps of carrot and parsnip for dinner would make me cry.

It's an Irish dinner.
    2 types of spud, meat, gravy and a token bit of veg.
    (looks lovely, btw)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We were supposed to have steak for dinner last night, but himself accidently put it in the freezer!! So sad... I won't be asking him to put away the meat again after the shop, at least not without double checking he does it right :P

So we had to quickly defrost some shepards pie instead. We're having steak tonight though. Oh yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭Be right back

Chicken chow mein.

We had shop bought fresh ravioli and home made tomato sauce.

The two year old ate it and oohed and aaahed over it. I nearly wept...I think it was the first dinner he ate in about a month. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Recliner

Prawn cocktail. Very messy looking here but gorgeous.
    I started making my own Marie Rose sauce over Christmas and I've had this so many times since.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I have yet again neglected meal prep/shopping so had what I dubbed indian risotto :pac: left over balti sauce with rice and a few frozen samosas.
    No pic for obvious reasons :D

I WILL do a proper shop...i will..

I have no children Mystery Egg but i feel your joy in that post!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had minced beef stew tonight, nice and warming.

Mystery Egg, we'd all be doing cartwheels if the two year old grandson ate that dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Tikka Masala

20210104-202819.jpg

Fillet steak, spinach, herbed rustic roasted potatoes, mushrooms and onions with pepper sauce.

NiEAPnB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,910 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I would kill for that right now, Im eating Aldi instant noodles :D

Thargor wrote: »
    I would kill for that right now, Im eating Aldi instant noodles :D

I've often had Pot Noodles for dinner :pac:

I've often had Pot Noodles for dinner :pac:

herbed rustic roasted potatoes ? I would call them chips, I'm not posh..:D

• Advertisement

Ish66 wrote: »
    herbed rustic roasted potatoes ? I would call them chips, I'm not posh..:D

Report the post if you have a problem with it.

Report the post if you have a problem with it.
    Hello ? I was only pulling your leg, Lighten up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭con747

I think this is a here's what I had for dinner thread, there might be a pulling leg thread somewhere but I'm not sure.:rolleyes:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Forgot to upload this one, it wasn't last night's dinner think it was the day after Stephens day, though everyday after Christmas days a blur to me now lol.

Italian style fish pie (this is so, so good) with a simple side salad with dressing made from the fish pie filling (tomatoes, lemon zest parsley basil etc)

IMG-20201231-200516.jpg

Mod note: Let's keep the thread on-topic and friendly please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Homemade veggie pie, mash and mushy peas in ours tonight. A real comfort food evening.

Leftover turkey curry tonight. It was absolutely scrumptious. The breast meat was extremely tender and didn't lose anything in being frozen. I made a sauce from a couple of onions, some garlic and ginger, caramelising away by themselves for an hour or so. Then I added lots of ground spices, cooked again for a while, then chicken stock and passata. I let it reduce, then added cream, yogurt and turkey. I made flatbreads on the griddle pan and basmati rice to accompany. I added sliced red chillies and apple chutney for garnish (had no mango). Good eatin'.

Chicken wrap from Supermacs. Total slump today

Recliner wrote: »
    Chicken wrap from Supermacs. Total slump today

I've never really liked Supermacs but absolutely love their chicken wrap. Delish.

• Advertisement

I've never really liked Supermacs but absolutely love their chicken wrap. Delish.

Just couldn't motivate myself to cook today.
    But yes, it was delish.

Advertisement