Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken Tikka Masala with Basmati Rice and Katchumber Salad

B5-C32461-2-CF6-44-D5-8-E59-F610-F71-C4022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Monday night - good quality tagliatelle with shiitake and button mushrooms, sauce made with egg yolks and parmasan, finished with a little black truffle. Superb!

Mushroom-Tagliatelle.jpg

Wednesday Night - Jamie's Rosé Pesto Prawns - Spaghetti, prawns, garlic, red pesto and rose wine. Delicious!

Rose-Peto-Prawns.jpg

Pulled Pork Tacos with Blueberry Ketchup (Thanks to The Nal), Guacamole and Tomato Salsa, Cheese and Sour Cream

2188-C9-AB-9-D3-C-4-BCC-BE5-C-1-A87342-A1-DCF.jpg

Recipe for Blueberry Ketchup.....

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/248952/blueberry-ketchup/

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Roasted stuffed butternut squash. Filled with chickpeas, pesto, feta and roasted peppers. Big side salad on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sturdy warming chicken soup … With what I had in.. chicken leg, onion, cooked carrots from the freezer, lentils. Simmered then removed bones and blitzed to fairly fine but not creamed..

It is the best home made soup I have ever made in my long life of souping ; maybe the gale storming outside here makes it even better... Lots more to have later.. mmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Where did you get the truffle?
    Dickerty wrote: »
    Monday night - good quality tagliatelle with shiitake and button mushrooms, sauce made with egg yolks and parmasan, finished with a little black truffle. Superb!

Mushroom-Tagliatelle.jpg

Wednesday Night - Jamie's Rosé Pesto Prawns - Spaghetti, prawns, garlic, red pesto and rose wine. Delicious!

Rose-Peto-Prawns.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Trying something akin to the not-vegeterian mushroom bourguignon recipe that was in the Irish Times during the week (https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/the-meat-lover-s-guide-to-eating-less-meat-1.4161680) but with shallots not pearl onions (because I can't find them), less interesting mushrooms (ditto for the interesting ones) and I've whacked some marmite in to assist with the meatier flavours.

That I've half a bottle of acceptable Merlot left over is a bonus. Hic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

OK, that is annoying beefy enough that you really do wonder why you haven't hit any lumps of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lightly fried chicken breast chunks with Russian kale from the garden and Brussels sprouts .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Graces7 wrote: »
    Lightly fried chicken breast chunks with Russian kale from the garden and Brussels sprouts .

I thought you didn't eat meat, Grace's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Last weekend's sous vide goose breast (Lidl).

Baby potato mash, pepper sauce (my girlffriend doesn't like fruit sauces or it'd have been orange and cranberry) and cabbage and bacon with almonds.

AhQQTFR.jpg?2
    7T1NHeA.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How does this come. Is there a lot of liquid in the vacuum sealed bag? a mix of juice & fat? and is it seared already or how do you go about reheating/cooking/searing it.

I got some sous vide thing there before, pulled pork or something with lots of sauce.

I am amazed none of them have copped on to do sous vide steaks, they could have rare, medium etc. I also find it odd that you can't get ready cooked burgers on their own, i.e. not in buns like rustlers etc, big als used to do frozen ones which were surprisingly good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Cheese and scallion quesadillas, with guacamole, tomato salsa and sour cream, and some tortilla chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

rubadub wrote: »
    How does this come. Is there a lot of liquid in the vacuum sealed bag? a mix of juice & fat? and is it seared already or how do you go about reheating/cooking/searing it.

Sorry, I got a frozen goose breast from Lidl and sous-vide cooked it myself.

Defrosted (though you can do it from frozen, just takes longerr). Seared it a little beforehand, apparently that helps later on. Then into the bag with some garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, got rid of the air and sealed it, and popped it into the water. Water was at 58C, for an hour and thirty minutes. Took it out of the bag, patted it dry. Seasoned again. Then into a medium-high pan to sear the fat and underside to desired crispiness.

Then I mashed it into my face.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

No pictures, as it was gone too quickly, but I made us a version of gobi mattar. Essentially, cauliflower and green peas cooked in a tomato and cream sauce, finished with some toasted almonds. Mild to medium spicy, but so full of flavours.
    Fresh chapati on the side... and what can I say? I was licking my fingers all evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

McMurphy wrote: »
    I wouldn't even know where to start or buy frogs legs in Ireland.

90% Asia Market in Drury Street has them (frozen)

Gemelli pasta with anchovies, tomatoes and mascarpone

3299-C2-E6-34-F2-4-FD2-B95-A-BE4484-AD90-BC.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/gemelli_with_anchovies_80715

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Veg fried rice and piri piri chicken thighs

Chicken goujons and potato wedges. Beige food. My 18 month old's dinner was basically a bowl of ketchup. The food was dipped, sucked clean and discarded. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Shenshen wrote: »
    No pictures, as it was gone too quickly, but I made us a version of gobi mattar.

I had to Google that yesterday as I'd never heard of it. Ended up making this version last night. Really nice. Didn't take too long to make, well except for the nut paste.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I had to Google that yesterday as I'd never heard of it. Ended up making this version last night. Really nice. Didn't take too long to make, well except for the nut paste.

I'll be honest, I don't often bother with the nut creams. I just can't get it fine enough in the blender I have, so I go for cream + ground nuts instead. Not original, I know, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but there you go.

I'll be honest, I don't often bother with the nut creams. I just can't get it fine enough in the blender I have, so I go for cream + ground nuts instead. Not original, I know, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but there you go.

I did it in a pestle & mortar and added enough water to stop it sticking. Got it really smooth and creamy.

It added a nice creaminess but it’s a lot of fuss for something that could be achieved using cream. Only benefit I could see is if you wanted the dish to be fully vegan.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I did it in a pestle & mortar and added enough water to stop it sticking. Got it really smooth and creamy.

It added a nice creaminess but it’s a lot of fuss for something that could be achieved using cream. Only benefit I could see is if you wanted the dish to be fully vegan.

Soy cream ;)
    I can't have real cream, it really doesn't agree with me for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Baby potato mash, pepper sauce (my girlffriend doesn't like fruit sauces or it'd have been orange and cranberry) and cabbage and bacon with almonds.

Those photos are just sex. I am drooling here.

Soy cream ;)
    I can't have real cream, it really doesn't agree with me for some reason.

I hads with yoghurt on top anyway! :pac:

Roasted Chickpeas and Tuna with a lime juice and pepper dressing, assorted roasted veg from the fridge and a side of Focaccia bread with a Red Onion and Balsamic topping.

8790-E724-13-AC-4725-803-A-6781-B16687-D7.jpg

4 cheese pasta bake with sausage and mushrooms. Just what the doctor ordered.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

mAjPVbal.jpg
    Just out of the oven.....

Used to do Steak n Kidney but.........kidneys have a bit of a bang off them :D for obvious reasons!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nice marinated and butterflied lamb joint.

IMG-20200216-172748.jpg

Just served it with minted peas and couscous.

Was gorgeous. Great piece of meat!

• Advertisement

Christmas Dinner! Ham, turkey, stuffing, gravy, mash, roasties, parsnips, carrots and broccoli, with a nice Malborough sauvignon blanc, and a home made lemon drizzle cake with cream and burnt caramel sauce.

Advertisement