Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Scorcher down here. Dry cow down inside today so the whole lot are going out now, growth is there so the late calvers taking a paddock or two shouldn't effect things too much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

wrangler wrote: »
    25mm rain tomorrow TBF it's needed here, grass ain't growing despite 10 degrees soil temp

Ugghh ffs the rain forecast for here tomorrow has already fizzed out to only 1mm, and nothing forecast after that. I'm looking around to buy in 1st cuts, because I'm already on the back foot with the area I've closed off for 1st cut, and absolutely no point risking it hoping for any sort of 2nd cuts in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Overcast here this morning with a bit of a nip in the wind. Cloud clearing now and a good bit of heat in the sun.

Need a sup of rain again and a bit of heat here as ground is rock hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ugghh ffs the rain forecast for here tomorrow has already fizzed out to only 1mm, and nothing forecast after that. I'm looking around to buy in 1st cuts, because I'm already on the back foot with the area I've closed off for 1st cut, and absolutely no point risking it hoping for any sort of 2nd cuts in June.
    Ah I'd be surprised if you don't see 3 or 4mm maybe more
    That's useful
    But if theres very little in may,1st cuts will be light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

The sun is splitting the rocks, all gates painted tis lovely weather. I’d love to be sitting outside a pub having a lovely pint of cider while smoking a rothmans( I’m off the smokes ten years now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Mooooo wrote: »
    Scorcher down here. Dry cow down inside today so the whole lot are going out now, growth is there so the late calvers taking a paddock or two shouldn't effect things too much

What happened? Slippery floors a problem here in this dry weather even with scrapers only running twice a day so spreading a few buckets of sand. Feels a lot more secure. My sister has a little lawn spreader that would be ideal and could be used for salt too when it freezes.

Love calving cows outdoors but feel they milk better when kept in and get their minerals and some meal. They can be neglected when outside here.

Gillespy wrote: »
    What happened? Slippery floors a problem here in this dry weather even with scrapers only running twice a day so spreading a few buckets of sand. Feels a lot more secure. My sister has a little lawn spreader that would be ideal and could be used for salt too when it freezes.

Love calving cows outdoors but feel they milk better when kept in and get their minerals and some meal. They can be neglected when outside here.

Dunno. Didn't think shed was overly slippy had the group split in two and scrapers on once a day. I put 2 bottles under the skin but she's not near calving. Took her out with the loader and she was on her feet within 2 mins. Have ones near calving out now and the rest out in the morning. Will give a pick of ration to em and hopefully as they will have adjusted to grass diet they should be up in running faster in the parlour. 2 calved today someone to 18 now. Will keep them in tonight and out 2moro then.
    Great day all day here. Vaccinated and bolused the heifers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,233 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Spring is really here saw these ducks today on the farm. My flowering cherry. Had to crop it a bit to get it onto the post

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Ah jayus lads go easy on the prayers for rain.you can always spread water if the worst comes too the worst. but you wont stop the rain when it starts.

sure didn't 2018 work out just fine for us all in the end.

Pissing out of the heavens down here. May pull out of the silage ground as they'll do feck all cleaning of it today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Overcast but dry here. Cows grazing a soft paddock so hope rain stays away. I wont be looking for rain for a very very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Soft rain here all morning.
    Forecast says it will pass by midday, if it stops at that it will have done allot of good and little damage.

Made a nice sup here last night, never heavy but constant.

Ground still hard but a bit of heat now and we'll be motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Light rain this morning and it's over cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

ruwithme wrote: »
    Ah jayus lads go easy on the prayers for rain.you can always spread water if the worst comes too the worst. but you wont stop the rain when it starts.

sure didn't 2018 work out just fine for us all in the end.

Getting a good drop down in Cork...

The forecast is dry again for the week, so a day of rain will do no harm.

I would say the rain is welcome enough here - lot of stuff planted around here the last few days.
    Bit of heat like we had the last few days will drive everything on again...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Light rain this morning and it's over cast.

Rain got to you about 10 this morning and didnt get any further east,waiting for it here.
    http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Getting a good drop down in Cork...

The forecast is dry again for the week, so a day of rain will do no harm.

I would say the rain is welcome enough here - lot of stuff planted around here the last few days.
    Bit of heat like we had the last few days will drive everything on again...

18mm here in the midlands so far, still pegging it down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

wrangler wrote: »
    18mm here in the midlands so far, still pegging it down

Stopped here now, so ye might not be in for too much more as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭visatorro

Just about wet the ground here. I could have kept spraying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Just 0.5mm here in sth Wicklow and the sun came out
    Ground bone dry and hard
    My optimism was misplaced
    NE wind so that might blow in a shower from the irish sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Still in the clouds here

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Just 0.5mm here in sth Wicklow and the sun came out
    Ground bone dry and hard
    My optimism was misplaced
    NE wind so that might blow in a shower from the irish sea

3 or 4mm here, better that nothing.

It's gone damn cold here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭huwboy

Sun's out here in south Wales now, but been an overcast day and a bit cooler. Last few days been amazing weather, but ground looks pretty dry now. On lockdown in here, and it's not much fun being in town at moment. Been gangs of lads on the slurry passing through most of the week, tankers and umbilical, had a cracking tidy smell here! Would happily have done a bit on the tanker or spreadbar given the chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

Not a drop here in carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,379 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nice drop today. Was needed

huwboy wrote: »
    Sun's out here in south Wales now, but been an overcast day and a bit cooler. Last few days been amazing weather, but ground looks pretty dry now. On lockdown in here, and it's not much fun being in town at moment. Been gangs of lads on the slurry passing through most of the week, tankers and umbilical, had a cracking tidy smell here! Would happily have done a bit on the tanker or spreadbar given the chance!

Whooho, you're someone who might complain even more than me about droughts and looking for rain while everyone else just happy it's not bloody raining, considering your in Wales haha.

Stopped in the middle of the day for s bit and back at this evening. Eased off now but fairly cold out

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭huwboy

Timmaay wrote: »
    Whooho, you're someone who might complain even more than me about droughts and looking for rain while everyone else just happy it's not bloody raining, considering your in Wales haha.

Yeah, its changed incredibly here in just 2-3 weeks, back in February I thought this would never dry out, but it's been dry for a bit now and with a good breeze many days, it dried off quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭visatorro

No rain on long term forecast for me. I'm in bother. Well feck it anyway

Advertisement