Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

And putting it in more relatable units, nearly 18,000gls/ac, try doing that with a slurry tanker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

12.4mm from last nights rain here
    That's double what models suggested a few days ago and 2mm more than yesterdays suggestion
    Wind gusting 60kmh sw atm
    12.4c
    Sunny atm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Wet and windy here, hardly enough to fill the barn with corn and hay though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,253 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

blue5000 wrote: »

There is more coming. What we got was wanting.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Fecking windy! Whipping plastic off maize ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

blue5000 wrote: »

Will there be a barn at the end of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Pissing rain here with half an hour. Had a few heavy showers during the day as well. About 30mm last night as well. Cold also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

great to get the raain though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Tileman

Dickie10 wrote: »
    great to get the raain though

Bloody freezing outside this evening . Was doing a bit of fencing and didn’t bring my cap. With my new Covid crew cut I’m froze . Good to see temperatures are going to rise quickly from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i have another ewe with maggots will have to round up on monday morning and spray them with knapsack to keep flies at bay for a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Rained a fair drop here yday.....dry till 5pm this evening and heavy showers since....was out looking after lame lambs and got drenched....good thing is huge burst of growth over last 4/5 days,warm soil temps doing the trick as the days have being windy and coldish.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Was thinking of cutting the silage next week. On the east coast here, anyone any idea what the weather will be like? I looked up met Éireann and don't see any heavy showers forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

farming93 wrote: »
    Was thinking of cutting the silage next week. On the east coast here, anyone any idea what the weather will be like? I looked up met Éireann and don't see any heavy showers forecast.

Saying next thursday to sunday is good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Be jeez I found the thread :pac:.

Lots of rain on the way for us southeasterners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Unless it's forecast for tomorrow, I wouldn't be getting too carried away just yet the way the forecasting has been going

Unless it's forecast for tomorrow, I wouldn't be getting too carried away just yet the way the forecasting has been going

I don't look at it every day but it's been fairly accurate imv.
    Just train yourself to look at the trends and not the specifics.

This breakdown was well on the cards for a while now.

Theres a beautiful thundery biscay low heading for the south,southeast and east it seems after this weeks first rain

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Theres a beautiful thundery biscay low heading for the south,southeast and east it seems after this weeks first rain

Hopefully.

It was something like this time last year we had thunderstorms up from the south one early morning all the way up to the north of Ireland. Some had hay or silage on the ground.

Actually it might be good warning for everyone to have their fencer protected and genny with fuel or working order.

One caveat, while it's not crucial, theres a lot of aircraft information not available to models lately,so there may be some changes

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

It was something like this time last year we had thunderstorms up from the south one early morning all the way up to the north of Ireland. Some had hay or silage on the ground.

My reading of it is that it is thundery weather,that means to me that it will hit land at Tramore and travel up east of the Barrow and Slaney(suit Ped,Mort,Timm) and all I will get is the power cut.Any thing that comes from the SW will die out around Clonmel,Carrick(DavyK happy)and this little parched pocket will get SFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭somofagun

I was one of them with 6 acres of hay on the ground when it came as far north as Tyrone. Ended up as round bales of Haylage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Had enough to wet the ground. Obviously me having grass down caused it to rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mooooo wrote: »

Dust rising here, silage still coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,244 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We got about 10 drops of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 18,253 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

whelan2 wrote: »
    We got about 10 drops of rain

Was that per foot or per meter, I only 4 on the windscreen at one stage which is slightly over 0.5M so about 6/ square meter

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 29,244 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Raining a bit heavier now, hope it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Mooooo wrote: »

Got stuff cut and baled last night, and Fert going out, all just in time for a decent few showers in the last hr, winwin.

Steady rain here too this last hour
    Looks like a fair bit on the way in the next 7 days now

Raining in North Kerry.

*waves*
    You're looking good over there, send a wee sup over here:)

• Advertisement

The pic would help, I suppose.
    nscjN2G.jpg

Advertisement