Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭cletus

If you are using a combi box, its easier to have all the channels coming through that, saves having to change inputs when you go from Irish to English channels. Ive the 50" and it has a satellite tuner as well as the terrestrial tuner, so I was able to get rid of the combi box altogether

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

south wrote: »
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B45s0NqSYTxROFhQeGdFbkpsUXc

DISCLAIMER-- Use this at your own risk! It is the update file i had on my computer for the Hisence 49"

Has anyone used this with the 49" M3000 TV and had no issues with it? Is the HDR option over HDMI working fine? Any issues with the smart apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

The 65 inch seems to be a reasonable deal at the moment. Thoughts? http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hisense-he65k55iouwts-65-inch-4k-tv-715-ao-2563811

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got my 43" this evening and I'm delighted with it. Wasn't 100% convinced of it as a monitor, but after using it for the past 2 hours I am. There's so much room for me to procrastinate now.

I connected a sat cable and tested the 4k channels on hotbird to see what the quality was like. The detail is unbelievable. The screen needs calibrating straight out of the box to get the best from it.

There is a little bleeding, but I have seen and owned much worse and it never bothered me. It's only noticeable when the screen is completely black obviously.

People were saying the sound is good and they were right. Very impressed with it, but I will continue using headphones probably.

After Amazon messed up, the total charge on my card was €301. So I am delighted with what I got for my money.
    The last TV I owned & used up until 2 years ago was this behemoth, so this is a big upgrade. I almost broke my back moving the Sony the other day. The Hisense is really light, and the bezels are nice and thin. I would have happily paid the €400 for it.

Pics aren't the best but you get an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

waiting delivery of the 55M7000, scheduled to be delivered on Monday.
    Looking forward to watching Netflix in 4k 8-)

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    does anyone know if Richersounds would match Amazon on price if requested?

the 40" on amazon is £329 and on Richersounds its £349

I asked, they said no because of the warranty that RS gives with the TV.
    I was also advised they might if you ask in store, but not over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

tonic wine wrote: »
    I asked, they said no because of the warranty that RS gives with the TV.
    I was also advised they might if you ask in store, but not over the phone.

And yet their website says they'll beat any price 'even from the web'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly,
    We'll beat any price 'til it hurts, even from the web

hmmmmmm :cool:

*you should never make promises you can't keep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Oat23 wrote: »
    Got my 43" this evening and I'm delighted with it. Wasn't 100% convinced of it as a monitor, but after using it for the past 2 hours I am. There's so much room for me to procrastinate now.

I connected a sat cable and tested the 4k channels on hotbird to see what the quality was like. The detail is unbelievable. The screen needs calibrating straight out of the box to get the best from it.

There is a little bleeding, but I have seen and owned much worse and it never bothered me. It's only noticeable when the screen is completely black obviously.

People were saying the sound is good and they were right. Very impressed with it, but I will continue using headphones probably.

After Amazon messed up, the total charge on my card was €301. So I am delighted with what I got for my money.
    The last TV I owned & used up until 2 years ago was this behemoth, so this is a big upgrade. I almost broke my back moving the Sony the other day. The Hisense is really light, and the bezels are nice and thin. I would have happily paid the €400 for it.

Pics aren't the best but you get an idea.

Looks great!

Any chance you could measure the distance between the stand feet? Want to get one of these but not sure it will fit on my unit and can't find this measurement online?

pm1977x wrote: »
    Looks great!

Any chance you could measure the distance between the stand feet? Want to get one of these but not sure it will fit on my unit and can't find this measurement online?

79cm from foot to foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

79cm from foot to foot.

Brilliant, thanks for that, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

79cm from foot to foot.
    from the outside or the inside of each foot? im guessing the outside you mean.
    lol i need to ask sorry.

Monkeynut wrote: »
    from the outside or the inside of each foot? im guessing the outside you mean.
    lol i need to ask sorry.

The outside, yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Has anyone used this with the 49" M3000 TV and had no issues with it? Is the HDR option over HDMI working fine? Any issues with the smart apps?

I've a bit of ghosting around the sides but other then that it's great. I got HDR after I put the update on it and the option is there but it will only work when supplied with a source that supports 4k and I don't have any. Don't really use the smart apps only Netflix and YouTube and both work perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I measured out what a 49" would look like on the wall of my newly extended kitchen. And even though it's a big room now, the TV will be absolutely huge! Even a 43" will look huge.
    So going for the 43" LG from Richersounds at £20 more expensive, will stick that in the living room and move an old Philips 36" into the kitchen.

And some of you on here are talking about 60" TV's!!!!!

Its amazing how quicly you get used to the size. I have to 50" about a month now, and I'm looking at it wondering why i didnt go for the 55" ;)

cletus wrote: »
    Its amazing how quicly you get used to the size. I have to 50" about a month now, and I'm looking at it wondering why i didnt go for the 55" ;)
    +1  with my last TV i was debating between 42 and 50 for my sitting room.  Was using card board to see what it would look like size was.  Someone advised me to get the 50" or I would regret it and it was very true advice.

At first it looked huge, but after two weeks it looked normal.  I was delighted i didn't get the 42".

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

just got my delivery of the 49 inch hisense all i can say is don't bother it is pure crap.I have a 7 year old sony bravia which is 100 times better ,not sure what to do,can't believe how bad it is,other half is giving me grief. Really bad decision:mad::mad:
    :mad:

coleslaw wrote: »
    just got my delivery of the 49 inch hisense all i can say is don't bother it is pure crap.I have a 7 year old sony bravia which is 100 times better ,not sure what to do,can't believe how bad it is,other half is giving me grief. Really bad decision:mad::mad:

1) Relax. You can return it for a refund easily.
    2) If you're going to advise people to avoid it, it would help to give them details as to why you think it is pure crap.

I have a 10 year old Sony Bravia that is second to my new 43" hisense in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

In what way? There's plenty of happy customers elsewhere, what exactly is wrong with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What's so bad about it coleslaw? How much did you pay for it? I might take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Probably watching saorview on it :pac:

Did you set the TV up properly? I know lots of people don't bother changing any settings on a new TV but at the very minimum you should turn off the advanced motion control type settings, it gets rid of that soap opera effect . Oh, turn off the adaptive back light setting too, the constant dimming and brightening will drive you crazy.

Here is a link to for picture settings, not for this model but the previous one, however I found it works well

https://www.avforums.com/video/hisense-55k321-k321-best-picture-settings.12123

Double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

coleslaw wrote: »

Send it back and let me know when, I will keep an eye out on warehouse deals :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Quick question which I can't seem to find on Amazon and there is alot of pages on this thread

How many HDMI are included?

Has anyone hooked up Fire TV Stick and powered off the USB port on the TV?

I am looking at the 49" version I think :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

4 HDMI ports AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

4 (2xHDMI 2.0)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

cletus wrote: »
    Oh, turn off the adaptive back light setting too, the constant dimming and brightening will drive you crazy.

started using mine at the weekend and I thought it was fooked as that constant dimming was terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Del007

No DHR on my 65 after the update, is this normal?

I've the 65K5510

Advertisement