Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

AS1890 wrote: »
    Wow! How did you get it at that price? Website says €749 for me.

Its worth asking what they can do on the talk to forum on boards, they generally give a boardsie discount if they can

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

AS1890 wrote: »
    Wow! How did you get it at that price? Website says €749 for me.

Sorry I meant 599 sterling !!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I got the 49" one on Amazon for £374 on Monday. It had the old, non-HDR firmware but today I did the search for update thing in the settings and saw...

20161207_145252_zpsxokhboej.jpg

I don't know how big the download was as the menu just vanished when I clicked UPDATE - but I have crappy internet and it seemed to take about 8 - 10 minutes or so.

I tried it on my PS4 Pro :

20161207_150555_zpseyisznxv.jpg

....so all good there I think.

I loaded Ratchet & Clank and tried it:

20161207_150744_zpsjpxzfg0e.jpg

...clearly stating that HDR is now enabled :)

Here's a couple more pics, first one is the regular screen mode and second one is with HDR on. Not the greatest pictures ever but it gives you a tiny idea of what it's like.

Regular: 20161207_150817_zpsuzegposi.jpg

HDR on: 20161207_150823_zps7me4x7op.jpg

The blue light at the top is more subdued and the green floor looks a different shade with HDR on. No real vast difference though really.

I've only tried the one game. HDR looks like Cinema Mode on a Samsung phone compared to Dynamic (which is what I prefer - fake, overly colourful screens :D )

I'm delighted with the TV anyway, even if HDR doesn't appear to be the Second Coming like some people online say. I don't know what that fella was complaining about on the other page - the TV works great, picture quality is excellent and it's great value for money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brian2614

Have a 49" in my basket @ £360 including delivery from the warehouse,is that a good deal folks?
    Caught in two minds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

My 49 inch just arrived today as well, prompted me to update straight away, HDR now installed. Still haven't upgraded my PS4 to Pro yet but i'm delighted with it regardless. Picture is a massive upgrade on my previous gaming TV and is better than my main living room TV as well. Fair bit of light bleed on the edges but was expecting that from reviews online. Haven't had a chance to hook up PS4 yet, just playing around with settings for now but looking forward to the CL matches later on.

Now to convince the other half to let me blow another few quid on the Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    The blue light at the top is more subdued and the green floor looks a different shade with HDR on. No real vast difference though really.

I've only tried the one game. HDR looks like Cinema Mode on a Samsung phone compared to Dynamic (which is what I prefer - fake, overly colourful screens :D )

I'm delighted with the TV anyway, even if HDR doesn't appear to be the Second Coming like some people online say. I don't know what that fella was complaining about on the other page - the TV works great, picture quality is excellent and it's great value for money :)

is that HDR you're selecting not just a preconfigured picture mode? you probably need to mess about with the settings to get the most from it/what you prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

batistuta9 wrote: »
    is that HDR you're selecting not just a preconfigured picture mode? you probably need to mess about with the settings to get the most from it/what you prefer

Perhaps, yeah. I've not had all that long to experiment with it really. I'm happy with the TV anyway so if the HDR can make it look even better than that's a bonus - if not (in my eyes anyway) then I'm fine with it :)

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Perhaps, yeah. I've not had all that long to experiment with it really. I'm happy with the TV anyway so if the HDR can make it look even better than that's a bonus - if not (in my eyes anyway) then I'm fine with it :)

I used these settings; https://www.avforums.com/threads/hisense-55-m3300.2028817/page-6#post-23959451

he says its for 1080p and it looks well to me, the CL tonight looks very true to life colourwise. Samsung in the living room has that artificial bright colour look to it by contrast. Haven't got to try HDR yet so don't know if the setting will look bad with that on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

still no HDR update on my 43"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Ordered mine yesterday cant wait to get playing with it now !!! Maybe a silly question but for terrestrial channels will watching the Rte hd via aerial be any different from Skys Rte hd ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

In particular i'd like to hear from people who've it had for a few weeks..any regrets?

should i wait for the new years sales and get a more established brand > samsung/sony ??

feedback appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I have the 40" for a week now. It's a mixed bag if you ask me. I paid just over €300 and for that price it's good, but I don't think it's worth any more. The user interface is OK for the most part, and offers a lot of options. The picture is nice on HD content, but SD content looks poor. It is noticeable in TV mode as well as using it with PC. I don't have a games console so I can't comment about that. The main issue it the back light, which isn't even throughout. Because it has some kind of local dimming you may not spot this at first, but it is noticeable. The blacks are good, as is the color, but grays betray the patchy back lighting. This is less of an issue with HD content, and the picture is quite good at times, but once you notice it you keep noticing it.I find it unlikely that I am unlucky as the set has a cheep feel to it's overall design and build quality. The plastic feet were difficult to attach as the screws provided had to be driven with considerable force into the frame, and I don't think I could remove them now without some difficulty because they are of poor quality. The smart apps are not great. I have't used Netflix, but Youtube is fine till you try to run 4K at 60 FPS. The sound won't sync with the picture. Hooked up to a PC and it isn't an issue, for me. Input lag whilst gaming was not an issue. Overall, I am pleased with the TV, and it's a nice upgrade from the set I had before for a good price, but this is a bedroom TV in my opinion. I would be disappointed with it if I had paid another hundred for it. This is a budget set, not some amazing bargain. With that in mind, I'm pleased enough with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

From what I have read it has auto dimming, just turn it off, for the rest of your post. Have you looked up "best settings" ?
    All TVs look crap out of the box and need setting up.
    Not a go at you, just a bug bear of mine when people moan about the quality of a product without doing some research on it, so easy nowadays with Google :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I changed the settings to recommended ones on AVforums, and the colors did look more natural, but I felt the picture was better with the punch delivered by the factory settings. The back light looked worse to me with the recommended settings. As far as I can see, turning off local dimming doesn't actually turn it off as the black borders in widescreen video are still very black.

I had the opposite opinion, out of the box I hated the picture and was gettting worried but once I put in some of the recommended settings it made a huge difference. I hate the artificial "Samsung" look where everything is dazzling and bright. Can't say I've noticed dimming issues but I'll have a look tonight.

Saying all that I bought mine for gaming in another room so expectations weren't sky high, happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

I have mixed feelings after few days of use, tv channels looks very good, ps4 pro very good but Netflix looks very bad , it's all "grain" like, even connected tv by cable to modem coz was think maybe it's wifi fault but still looks same, I specially checked Marco Polo but no HDR thru the tv app or even Netflix on ps4 pro, not sure where its fault , overall happy coz pay only 400€ for 55" but to be honest I don't think it's worth much more

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

I have mixed feelings after few days of use, tv channels looks very good, ps4 pro very good but Netflix looks very bad , it's all "grain" like, even connected tv by cable to modem coz was think maybe it's wifi fault but still looks same, I specially checked Marco Polo but no HDR thru the tv app or even Netflix on ps4 pro, not sure where its fault , overall happy coz pay only 400€ for 55" but to be honest I don't think it's worth much more

What a world we live in.
    Barely happy with a 55" for 400 euro... hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

kyeev wrote: »

What a world we live in.
    Barely happy with a 55" for 400 euro... hehe
    Hehehe don't mind my opinion anyway, I'm person who always not happy:p

There's an issue with the neflix and YouTube apps on some sets, the app doesn't recognise the TV as 4K and it causes issues. More detail over at AVForums. Not an issue for me as it's not what I'll be using it for.

It cost me €340 for the 49" delivered and at that price it won't be beaten IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Could you please share the link for 340e?
    There's an issue with the neflix and YouTube apps on some sets, the app doesn't recognise the TV as 4K and it causes issues. More detail over at AVForums. Not an issue for me as it's not what I'll be using it for.

It cost me €340 for the 49" delivered and at that price it won't be beaten IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Could you please share the link for 340e?

It was most likely a warehouse deal with 20% off so probably not freely available. Keep checking the warehouse but the deals aren't as Google value now the 20% off has ended

Yeah warehouse deal with 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

https://www.avforums.com/review/hisense-h65m7000-uhd-4k-hdr-tv-review.13123

I bought that model, the hisence M7000, I have to say I'm delighted with it. I didn't get to see the TV before I bought it, but I was very happy with the design and flat panel after removing it from the box. I hadn't any expectation of sound quality from a flat screen TV, but I'm surprised and impressed by the sound from it. The display is excellent, blown away watch 4K content on Netflix and YouTube. A 4K android box is going to be next purchase for more 4K content. Overall, a great purchase, especially for the money.

can someone please tell me....do they have HDR across the range??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭cletus

philstar wrote: »
    It seems to be patchy. Some sets seem to have received the official update, some not. Supposedly it is being rolled out on a regional basis, but if you're impatient, the French update is available all over the net, including this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Just got the 55m3300, any links to optimum settings?

https://www.avforums.com/video/hisense-55k321-k321-best-picture-settings.12123

Another poster linked to another settings post on the same website a page or two back.

Double post because stupid phone

philstar wrote: »
    cletus wrote: »
    It seems to be patchy. Some sets seem to have received the official update, some not.

but HDR is a chip built into the TV ?? its not firmware surely?

• Advertisement

Nope, defo a firmware update

Advertisement