Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,337 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

duffman13 wrote: »
    Got one for the same price myself says perfect condition with small scratches on accessories. I'm presuming remote control or something. Can't really argue with the price for a tv with such good specs

Mine has scratches on the back of TV, gave the measurements of each scratch but they were so small I don't imagine I'll notice them unless I go looking. Won't be an issue for me anyway as TV will be in tight against a wall. Has yours been dispatched yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mine has scratches on the back of TV, gave the measurements of each scratch but they were so small I don't imagine I'll notice them unless I go looking. Won't be an issue for me anyway as TV will be in tight against a wall. Has yours been dispatched yet?

No only ordered today, id picked up something else on amazon for a little cheaper but caught the Hisense this morning when two went in. Delivery will be a week or so by the looks of it. Not waiting on it but hopefully won't be too long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

How much was that one 68LS?
    I seen the 50inch model for £330 earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

enviro wrote: »
    How much was that one 68LS?
    I seen the 50inch model for £330 earlier today.

Think it was £326

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Whats the latest firmware? I'm on G0825.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    It shipped finally. The original delivery date was Friday, but it's coming Wednesday!
    I need to focus and come up with a good reason to explain why I need a 43" monitor now.

If I had realised 'i-parcel' was Fastway I wouldn't have got my hopes up about it arriving on time.

It arrived in Dublin early yesterday morning and the tracking updated this evening to say "Delivery of the parcel has been delayed". :(

How long did it take for them to dispatch yours Oat? Warehouse job or straight from Amazon new? Still waiting on mine to dispatch, in no great hurry for it but anytime I buy something online I always want ASAP regardless of how unimportant it is :/

How long did it take for them to dispatch yours Oat? Warehouse job or straight from Amazon new? Still waiting on mine to dispatch, in no great hurry for it but anytime I buy something online I always want ASAP regardless of how unimportant it is :/

Ordered Thursday morning at 8am. Changed to 'shipping today' on Saturday and shipped Monday evening.

It was a new one from Amazon direct with free delivery.

• Advertisement

Ordered Thursday morning at 8am. Changed to 'shipping today' on Saturday and shipped Monday evening.

It was a new one from Amazon direct with free delivery.

They're gone slow enough to dispatch so, understandable I suppose given the week thats in it. Mine still says preparing, ordered from Warehouse Monday evening. So hopefully might ship tomorrow so. Expected delivery is 2-7th December but I'll be happy if I get it by next weekend at this stage.

Was it this bad last year? I ordered a few things on black friday last year and had them all by Wednesday the week after.

They're gone slow enough to dispatch so, understandable I suppose given the week thats in it. Mine still says preparing, ordered from Warehouse Monday evening. So hopefully might ship tomorrow so. Expected delivery is 2-7th December but I'll be happy if I get it by next weekend at this stage.

Was it this bad last year? I ordered a few things on black friday last year and had them all by Wednesday the week after.

Haven't had any big delays myself. A week for a 43" TV with free delivery is decent. Just a bit annoying that they revised their original delivery date from Friday to Wednesday and then Fastway weren't able to deliver. I was excited :pac:.
    I ordered 2 things on Monday night and they will be here tomorrow with An Post.

Haven't had any big delays myself. A week for a 43" TV with free delivery is decent. Just a bit annoying that they revised their original delivery date from Friday to Wednesday and then Fastway weren't able to deliver. I was excited :pac:.
    I ordered 2 things on Monday night and they will be here tomorrow with An Post.

Actually yeah now you mention it a week with free delivery on something that big ain't bad. Forgot most of the stuff I ordered was small enough last year with exception being a record player. Yeah that is annoying allright. I don't really mind waiting but I do hate inaccurate tracking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

So is the 50" version of this recommended at £330?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Gah just missed a 49".....

So is the 50" version of this recommended at £330?

The 49" or the 50"? One is the 49M3000, the other is a 50M3300, they're basically the same tv with a few minor differences. Haven't seen the 50" that low though. I'd suggest looking at the thread on AVForums about the 55M3300, they're discussing all models there. Seems to best value 4k set at the moment but not on the same level as something like a KS7000. Depends what you want it for, personally I wouldn't use it in the main living room but its perfect for my little gaming area in the other room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

The 50 is on Amazon Warehouse now for 320gbp. In Used - Very Good condition.

I've been talked out of it :(

The 50 is on Amazon Warehouse now for 320gbp. In Used - Very Good condition.

I've been talked out of it :(

Don't let me put you off, its a great TV for the price. Just don't expect it to outperform the higher end stuff. Its not really competing with the KS7000, more the 6000 series Samsungs or LGs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

Would you better off using parcel motel or addresspal for the delivery on one of these? Hoping to pick up a 43" soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

darraghw wrote:
    Would you better off using parcel motel or addresspal for the delivery on one of these? Hoping to pick up a 43" soon.

Why wouldn't you let Amazon deliver it for free?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The 49" or the 50"? One is the 49M3000, the other is a 50M3300, they're basically the same tv with a few minor differences. Haven't seen the 50" that low though. I'd suggest looking at the thread on AVForums about the 55M3300, they're discussing all models there. Seems to best value 4k set at the moment but not on the same level as something like a KS7000. Depends what you want it for, personally I wouldn't use it in the main living room but its perfect for my little gaming area in the other room.
    Apparently the 50 inch doesn't have the HDR update but the 49 inch does, that's what I've read on hukd anyway

Tinie wrote: »
    Apparently the 50 inch doesn't have the HDR update but the 49 inch does, that's what I've read on hukd anyway

Not sure thats accurate, to the best of my knowledge neither set has had an OTA upgrade for HDR but its possible to download and install the latest firmware from hisense.fr and few other places. As I mentioned earlier, the thread on AVForums seems to have the most accurate and up to date info. Though updating like they suggest is at owners risk as it seems some have had issues after updating and had to downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Not sure thats accurate, to the best of my knowledge neither set has had an OTA upgrade for HDR but its possible to download and install the latest firmware from hisense.fr and few other places. As I mentioned earlier, the thread on AVForums seems to have the most accurate and up to date info. Though updating like they suggest is at owners risk as it seems some have had issues after updating and had to downgrade.

I've posted the update for the 49" somewhere back in this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭cletus

I have the 50" 50m3300, it repalced a 32" Sony bravia. I use it in my sitting room as the main tv. Personal opinion, its a fantastic tv, absolutely happy with it. As regards how it stacks up against more expensive tvs, no idea (but then I'm not convinced that a lot of talk about tvs nowadays is not the new version of oxygen free gold plated speaker cable talk from 15 or 20 years ago)

It does not have the hdr update yet, but all the suggestions online are that it is in the works. Dont know if the 49" has the update, but the one posted in this thread was only a French release I believe. Supposedly it will be released on a region by region basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭darraghw

sweetie wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you let Amazon deliver it for free?

For some reason I thought the free delivery was just for the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does anyone know if Richersounds would match Amazon on price if requested?

the 40" on amazon is £329 and on Richersounds its £349

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

fryup wrote: »
    does anyone know if Richersounds would match Amazon on price if requested?

the 40" on amazon is £329 and on Richersounds its £349

Ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

SteM wrote: »
    As far as I can see it doesn’t run Android so no Showbox. Doubt Kodi would run on it either unless there's a version built for whatever OS Hisense run which is doubtful.

The only smart TVs I've seen that run Showbox and Kodi natively are the ones that are based on the Android OS like the Sony TVs.

Excuse my ignorance, but will a chromecast work on this TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

jay0109 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but will a chromecast work on this TV?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Yamanoto wrote: »
    It has the requisite tuner on-board, so yes.
    Another noob question before I pull the trigger on the 49" Hisense- for Saorview...just plug it into the saorview aerial or a compatable combi-box?

Advertisement