Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 43" 4k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

How do i go about getting the £30 discount from a warehouse deal?

when i go to checkout price is still the same :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

fryup wrote: »
    How do i go about getting the £30 discount from a warehouse deal?

when i go to checkout price is still the same :confused:

Only available on selected items. It deducts 30 at checkout if you add something from their selected items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

The 43" box I received had HDR advertised on it. The box was also missing a power cable so I rang customer service which was an absolute bloody nightmare but in the end got a 15% refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

When people had this TV directly delivered to their address what company delivered? Did the courier phone before delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

When people had this TV directly delivered to their address what company delivered? Did the courier phone before delivery?

I got it by fastway and they didn't phone before delivery, lucky me I was just back from work same time when driver arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭Del007

s15r330 wrote: »
    Just got the 55m3300, any links to optimum settings?

How much did u pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

An Post, but i was talking to driver working with fastway and he said they have been giving them a dig out.

I'm looking at getting a tv from the uk but they don't deliver to Ireland. What options do I have to get it delivered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Del007 wrote: »
    How much did u pay for it?

€550 with a friends Argos discount, take off €150 I got for my old telly and it was €400, happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭mada999

€489.00 in Argos for the 50"... anyone know if it is SAORVIEW compatible ?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5656253/Trail/searchtext%3EHISENSE.htm

thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

Its both saorvirw and free to air compatible

Anyone any opinions on this tv?

It's for the folks

Cheers

opps, I left out a link. It's a techwood

http://ao.com/product/65ao4usb-techwood-tv-black-43238-108.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Del007 wrote: »
    Anyone any opinions on this tv?

It's for the folks

Cheers

Previous 3 pages has a few opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

Have had a bit of time today to play about with the picture settings. I mentioned the uneven backlight in my previous post and if you have a similar issue you may be interested. I watched videos, using my pc, which clearly showed the uneven backlight and paused it. I then messed about with the settings to see if I could minimize the issue. I managed to get a better picture using slightly reduced brightness (not backlight). At he moment I have it set to standard mode, and have changed the brightness to 46, contrast to 47 and left the color saturation on it's default, 50. I couldn't eliminate the issue altogether without making the picture too dark so it's a compromise. The picture did lose a small bit of information to the darker settings, but I think I'm happier with the picture now. You might need settings tailored to your set, or perhaps you don't have this issue!

Mine arrived today, 4 days from ordering. 43".
    Just setting it up now....is there really not a mains cable with it!!!

edit- just watched a few youtube videos and yes, there should be a power cable with it. So a bad start.

I have read through the last dozen pages and cannot find any answers to some issues I'm having. So if some of you experts on here could bear with me and help me out, I'd be very grateful.
    1. I have plugged my Horizon HD box into HDMI 3 on the TV. Is that the correct option?
    2. I'm having to use both the Hisense and Horizon remotes. I tried to pair the Horizon remote but it wont work. What are people doing on this issue...using both remotes?
    3. HDR option is greyed out. I checked for upgrades and none available. Current software is v00.01.00a.g0825. Should I have HDR (the box the TV came in says it has HDR)? Should HDR work with the Horizon box or will it only kick in if the likes of a PS4 is plugged in?

I played some 4k clips on youtube and very impressive. Picture quality is imense.
    I messed around with the picture settings with the links some posts had to on AV forums. And to be honest Match of the Day looked too dark with those settings. So have just stuck it back to factory settings.

How do you find the sound? Messing around with it and struggling to get the right balance. Sounds echoey at times no matter how I try to set it up.

Many thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

philstar wrote: »
    but HDR is a chip built into the TV ?? its not firmware surely?
    cletus wrote: »
    Nope, defo a firmware update

well its not proper HDR then ?

jay0109 wrote: »
    3. HDR option is greyed out. I checked for upgrades and none available. Current software is v00.01.00a.g0825. Should I have HDR (the box the TV came in says it has HDR)? Should HDR work with the Horizon box or will it only kick in if the likes of a PS4 is plugged in?

I have the 65inch and the HDR is also greyed out and it's advertised as having HDR. I've emailed Hisense a few times but no response from them. I've the same software as you. In saying that, I've no idea what HDR is :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What's your understanding of HDR?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

HDR is not a chip.

Emailed Amazon customer service rather than ring them. Explained how i was missing the power cable and also the HDR issue.
    Email 1st thing this morning saying I can return the TV or take a 20% discount....decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Missing power cable is a bit ridiculous. How much would it be to get one? Suppose if its less than the 20% they're offering you should keep it. The HDR issue you mentioned is more than likely a problem with your horizon box. The TV will only enter HDR mode when there is HDR signal being received, you can't force it into HDR mode hence the greyed out option. Unless you have channels outputting HDR, which generally would be 4K/UHD channels then you won't have HDR.

I've Sky+ HD box and it will only display HD, i'd have to upgrade to Sky Q and pay extra for the UHD channels to get HRD as far as I know. If you have UHD channels on your box then make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into HDMI slot 3 or 4 as I think only those can display HDR.

Having said all that I haven't been able to hook up a HDR source to mine yet so i'm just going on what I read elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭plonker

just wondering about the built in satelite tuner on the 55",if you plug in a dish and a saorview aeriel can you have the rte's,bbc's and the other freeview satelite channels in the one list worked of the tv remote,I suppose what I'm asking is will the tv do the same job as a combo box without having to switch inputs with the remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 slaphead45

Hi, new to boards. Have owned the 43 inch since summer and received the upgrade for HDR a while back and have no complaints. I have found that the best way to test / sample HDR is to download one of the sample videos available to freely download from various sources on the net. They are about 1gb in size and can be viewed on the tv via USB stick. The difference is noticeable to anything that you can stream.

plonker wrote: »
    just wondering about the built in satelite tuner on the 55",if you plug in a dish and a saorview aeriel can you have the rte's,bbc's and the other freeview satelite channels in the one list worked of the tv remote,I suppose what I'm asking is will the tv do the same job as a combo box without having to switch inputs with the remote?

Yes it will. Once you have both terrestrial and satellite channels tuned in, choose the favourites menu on channel list, and you can mix and match both sets of channels in whatever order you choose, then use the remote as you normally would, no switching inputs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

cletus wrote:
    Yes it will. Once you have both terrestrial and satellite channels tuned in, choose the favourites menu on channel list, and you can mix and match both sets of channels in whatever order you choose, then use the remote as you normally would, no switching inputs

Any difference in the quality or is it better ?

cavan4sam wrote: »
    cletus wrote:

Any difference in the quality or is it better ?

Difference in the quality compared to what? If you mean a combined box like the Ferguson ones, the HD channels look better, the SD channels look a little worse than on the 32" Sony Bravia that the hisense replaced. But that's down to the TV itself rather than the box or connections. Pretty sure if I used a set top box it would have the same results.

Regarding the SD channels, when you switch from a HD source to SD, its immediately very apparent, but you become accustomed to it very quickly, and when you change back to a HD source it becomes very apparent again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

cletus wrote:
    Difference in the quality compared to what? If you mean a combined box like the Ferguson ones, the HD channels look better, the SD channels look a little worse than on the 32" Sony Bravia that the hisense replaced. But that's down to the TV itself rather than the box or connections. Pretty sure if I used a set top box it would have the same results.

Compared to sky hd box ? Or oneof the zgemma dodgy boxes (really only used for sports and kids channels

Haven't had subscription TV for a number of years now. My post would be in comparison to a Ferguson Ariva 120 combi box and a 7 or 8 year old Sony Bravia

My parents have sky TV and a Walker TV, my picture quality is better (I think)

Double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

368 for the 55".. im getting tempted. Already have 50" Samsung 1080p.. thats great price tho

Advertisement