Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So VR is here

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

Bambi wrote: »
    You have obviously paid a lot of money for this hardware and are now invested in it thus your gushing enthusiasm

ignore him people, VR has got to him :D

My apologies for giving my opinion on something that's been promised to gamers for many years. I thought this was a gaming forum.

NIMAN wrote: »
    This makes for very interesting reading.

I used to be a gamer in my younger days, but if I tell you that the last games I used to play were on Amiga's and Atari ST then it will give you an idea of how long its been since I regularly played computer games! (probably over 25yrs).

I did have a 3 or 4 hour spell on Halo on the XBox when it was released, and I couldn't believe how much gaming had come on since I had last played them. But as good as it was, I still had outgrown computer games and didn't catch the bug again. I just put it down to being older and having new interests in life. To be honest, I never understand the idea of older, married men retreating to play computer games for hours, so I have no idea what all the big titles are like. Despite knowing names like Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Metal Gear Solid etc, I have never actually played any of them, or even seem them played in the flesh.

I always said that something big would have to happen to get me to have any interest in computer games again, and to be honest I have been intrigued by VR over the last couple of years.

Perhaps this is the start of the technology that will revolutionise gaming? I know that my kids will have a much better gaming experience than I ever had, and who knows maybe I might just enjoy it all again myself?
    I really only play games very occasionally these days, because I do have small kids, mainly the odd online shooter like star wars battlefront and mostly about once a week to keep in touch with an old friend who is still a gamer.
    But I bought this out of curiosity as it has been promised for so long, I had intended to sell it on if it was crap. It wasn't. My wife tried it and said it was the first time she had ever liked playing a game, and she loved the interactive stories you can download as demos from the PS store. It's a different beast altogether in my opinion and I would worry that the immersive effect would be even more addictive for young people than current games, but people need to try it out for themselves to make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

My apologies for giving my opinion on something that's been promised to gamers for many years. I thought this was a gaming forum.

I am being sarcastic, read back a few pages. :pac:

Bambi wrote: »
    I am being sarcastic, read back a few pages. :pac:

Ah..ok. Sorry... I'm sick with the flu and miserable. But at least I have my VR and my thermos..and my dog. :)

Advertisement