Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

We paid the booking deposit but also then signed the contracts with solicitors and paid a 10% deposit. I've submitted it as an enquiry a week ago but no word back

Purchase is a lose term but in that respect, if you have signed, I think you would be right to click yes in terms of purchaser before 31st Dec. Interesting to know what rev say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

We paid the booking deposit but also then signed the contracts with solicitors and paid a 10% deposit. I've submitted it as an enquiry a week ago but no word back

I believe it's on signing the contracts that it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sinella09

Hey, is anyone having the same trouble. We have been approved for our mortgage, paid our €5000 booking deposit on the house, applied for the HTB and can show the bank how much we can claim back with the access and application number, we have the balance of our deposit ready to pay yet the bank will not issue the mortgage as we do not have the full deposit amount. They say they will not know how this is going to be paid to the developer and we cannot apply before hand as we need contracts. Anyone in the same situation or have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

Help to buy scheme retro respective for sale completed for the property late November 2016

Do we need to upload any property documents through my enquiries when your application status was showing under review?

I have started my help to buy application from my wife's online account. it was asking for confirmation of my membership to the application which i have confirmed after logging into my account.

since then if my wife login through her account it will show 'Awaiting membership confirmation' (even though i confirmed it already)

If i log in from my account and click Help to buy tab it will show 'Application currently under review'

I am stuck there since a week not able to proceed.made numerous calls to Revenue but different answer every time and problem still persist

is anyone gone through similar situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Help to buy scheme retro respective for sale completed for the property late November 2016

Do we need to upload any property documents through my enquiries when your application status was showing under review?

I have started my help to buy application from my wife's online account. it was asking for confirmation of my membership to the application which i have confirmed after logging into my account.

since then if my wife login through her account it will show 'Awaiting membership confirmation' (even though i confirmed it already)

If i log in from my account and click Help to buy tab it will show 'Application currently under review'

I am stuck there since a week not able to proceed.made numerous calls to Revenue but different answer every time and problem still persist

Might be worth cancelling the application and starting again.

• Advertisement

Might be worth cancelling the application and starting again.

already cancelled and started a fresh one but same problem continues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

[

I did, once you approve it on both sides, even though it does not update on yours, just leave it. Ours went approved yesterday, 7 days after the issues you described. Revenue just said to ignore it.

They won't tell you anything then though, as it gives the appearance that your good to go if about to buy a house. Upload your documents to My Enquiries then and it should get sorted once they get around to it (I hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

@jusvi2001

I was in the same boat as yourself.

I have received a message from the revenue via the My Esquires section today, stating that I have underpayments in the years I selected. And that I should check my P21 balancing sheet that I received via post and pay the amount owed before the application can proceed.

I would contact them if I was you to see where you stand.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I did, once you approve it on both sides, even though it does not update on yours, just leave it. Ours went approved yesterday, 7 days after the issues you described. Revenue just said to ignore it.

They won't tell you anything then though, as it gives the appearance that your good to go if about to buy a house. Upload your documents to My Enquiries then and it should get sorted once they get around to it (I hope).

Thank you for the reply. our application is for the house we already bought last year.contract was signed and sale completed at the end of November 2016. As you said i might go ahead and upload the documents in 'My Enquiries. hopefully the error of 'Awaiting membership confirmation' will go away.

Is your application retro respective for 2016 or for the house you are buying in 2017?

sibersha wrote: »
    @jusvi2001

I was in the same boat as yourself.

I have received a message from the revenue via the My Esquires section today, stating that I have underpayments in the years I selected. And that I should check my P21 balancing sheet that I received via post and pay the amount owed before the application can proceed.

I would contact them if I was you to see where you stand.

Thank you for the reply.

I contacted them last week and got the same answer of underpayment. i paid it on the same day. but nothing resolved the issue.

• Advertisement

Thank you for the reply. our application is for the house we already bought last year.contract was signed and sale completed at the end of November 2016. As you said i might go ahead and upload the documents in 'My Enquiries. hopefully the error of 'Awaiting membership confirmation' will go away.

Is your application retro respective for 2016 or for the house you are buying in 2017?

Retrospective for November as well. It was 7 days from application and having the same issues as you until I got an update saying we were approved for the full amount but then it gives the info as if we were applying for a new buy not retrospective. At this point, send another myenquiries request with all the important information (and your application number) that was linked to earlier in the thread, contracts, LTV amount, who your bank is etc. and hopefully that should sort it in a few days. Hoping that is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 speranza2

Hi,

New to thread, having similar issues, applied on 3rd Jan and uploaded contracts, all confirmed as received. Same with form 12's for previous years. Have spoken to revenue who said they were all fine and up to date. Still in the "UNDER REVIEW" zone. I am due to get keys in next two weeks. Does anyone know what stage 2 involves - more forms even for retrospective applicants? Also do they send you an e-mail or do we have to keep logging into revenue and checking? I feel like a stalker!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Have just gone sale agreed on a new house and will be signing contracts in a few weeks. We have purchased the house on the basis that it will be partly funded by the amount we can claim(Which is the maximum and we meet all requirements). Our bank is looking for proof we are entitled to this before we can draw down which will be in about 6 weeks time. I've already started our application and going to ring revenue today as well but does anyone think we'll have a problem doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ShogunWarrior

Have just gone sale agreed on a new house and will be signing contracts in a few weeks. We have purchased the house on the basis that it will be partly funded by the amount we can claim(Which is the maximum and we meet all requirements). Our bank is looking for proof we are entitled to this before we can draw down which will be in about 6 weeks time. I've already started our application and going to ring revenue today as well but does anyone think we'll have a problem doing this?
    I don't think you'll have a problem doing this if your bank is accepting the proof of HTB eligibility for the balance of funds. That's probably the hard part. Once you've submitted as "HTB Applicant" it should hopefully only take a few days to be approved (in our case) when your Form 12s are filed and all in order.
    You'll then get notified by Revenue that you're approved, shown how much you're theoretically eligible for and you'll get an Application Code and Access Code.

When you give these codes to someone (e.g. the bank or developer) they can enter them into the public page below to check what rebate you're eligible for and for how long that's valid:
    https://www.ros.ie/help-to-buy-web/queryTool?execution=e1s1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone getting their morgage from AIB, who have given them their Application Code etc... But have not hear back? Or have heard back for that matter?

Got approved today all tax affairs in order - still confusing. Received msg from Revenue saying that I should quote application code and access number however, I am assuming as a retrospective buyer I shouldn't need to do this? Rang revenue again and tbh it really is pot luck who you get in terms of god information. Chap I got didn't have a notion, just jumped from one idea to the next of what may or should happen next until he eventually said that you will get refund into your account soon! Anybody else have similar experiences?

speranza2 wrote: »
    Got approved today all tax affairs in order - still confusing. Received msg from Revenue saying that I should quote application code and access number however, I am assuming as a retrospective buyer I shouldn't need to do this? Rang revenue again and tbh it really is pot luck who you get in terms of god information. Chap I got didn't have a notion, just jumped from one idea to the next of what may or should happen next until he eventually said that you will get refund into your account soon! Anybody else have similar experiences?
    You'll need to:
    1. File a claim through "My Enquiries" with your Application Code as "My Reference" providing all the information listed under "Important notice for Retrospective Customers (purchased/self-built between 19 July 2016 and 31 December 2016) who have completed their applicant stage." here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html
    2. Provide the Application and Access codes to your bank so that they can confirm the mortgage details when Revenues ask them to.
    3. Provide the Application and Access codes to your builder (or solicitor if you self built) so that they can verify their side of things when Revenue asks them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

How long did it take you to get approved after you submitted all the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

How long did peoples Form 12s take to be processed?

Applied on 3rd of Jan but I had already filed all Form 12's before hand and submitted contracts. The guy in revenue more or less told me to sit tight now and wait for money to drop into my account!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 xmazyx

Mine took 2 days for it to go through. My understanding is that you need to receive the P21 balancing statement in your PAYE anytime before the Help to buy application will let you submit your application. This took an additional day

Applied for Stage 1 Jan 3rd, we both submitted our Form 12s that night, we got P21s Jan 4th and 5th. Got HTB approval Jan 6th. Submitted for Stage 2 on Jan 6th.

Applied for Stage 1 Jan 3rd, we both submitted our Form 12s that night, we got P21s Jan 4th and 5th. Got HTB approval Jan 6th. Submitted for Stage 2 on Jan 6th.

Do you know what doe stage 2 consist of? Are you applying retrospectively? Cheers

Do you know what doe stage 2 consist of? Are you applying retrospectively? Cheers

As far as I can tell stage 2 is for new buyers. Retrospective buyers need to send all relevant information as detailed above via myenquiries and then wait for them to get around to it and that should be that.

Yeah, we're applying retrospectively. My reply earlier outlined what we've done for Stage 2 (claim): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102259849&postcount=528

As far as I've heard the verification stage hasn't been built yet so we'll have to wait and see when anything will happen.

Yeah, we're applying retrospectively. My reply earlier outlined what we've done for Stage 2 (claim): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102259849&postcount=528

As far as I've heard the verification stage hasn't been built yet so we'll have to wait and see when anything will happen.

Thanks again, have contacted both with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

when i tried to apply, i got this message -
    We cannot complete your request because our records show that you are registered for LPT.

this is my first house - yet to finalise the deal.

anybody else got same error message?

prior to this during the week i got a different message -
    We cannot complete your request because our records show that your personal details need to be updated. Please telephone your local Revenue office or contact us through myEnquires. Please quote Rule 1

What do you mean by 'Got approved' i am a retrospective applicant as well. i can see an application code when i log in but no where it says application is approved.Rang them few time but looks like they have no clue about the processing.

What do you mean by 'Got approved' i am a retrospective applicant as well. i can see an application code when i log in but no where it says application is approved.Rang them few time but looks like they have no clue about the processing.

It will start as under review in the HTB tab. After that you will get a message via myenquiries stating either approval or an update. Go back into the HTB tab and it will now say approval and for potentially how much. It will be general and read as if for someone in the process of buying, not retrospective. At this point start a new enquiry and submit all the documentation mentioned previously and on their website (they won't request it). State you a retrospective applicant in the enquiry. In theory that should be job done. Just wait for them to get to it.

• Advertisement

As mentioned in previous posts. You get approved for claim more or less once all taxes are in order and you meet other criteria set out. I then followed advice from other on here. Sent another enquiry with other details revenue outlined for retrospective buyers. I sent on my application and access codes to my contractor and mortgage provider. Not sure they need them but sent them on anyway. I really think revenue like us all are learning along the way. Mortgage advisor and contractors same. Revnie said I wait now for it to come into my account. No mention of p21 although I do expect to receive one.

Advertisement