Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

morrga wrote: »
    Both parties have to seperarely log in and apply, but apply as a group. I too am having trouble joining our apps into one group as it keeps saying each of our memberships are awaiting the other but I can't find where to confirm acceptance into the group. Anyone any idea?

I'm in the same boat and overall status is under review. I have posted the query in My Enquiries and if I get a chance I will try and call them later today. Will let you know what they say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

louise1985 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if you are in a group i.e. A couple, must both parties go in and register for the help to buy or is it just one person and the other accepts to be part of the group and that is sufficient.
    I registered both myself and my other half my application has given me an application code and states it under review whereas my other halfs states that is is pending and shows that it is awaiting for me to confirm membership.
    TIA

From what I can tell, only one person should go in, add the other persons name and PPS number and bank details and get as far as the final screen where it will say awaiting confirmation.
    Then log out, log in as the other person and click on the Help to buy tab. At this point, that person should not go into a set up process but be presented with a yes/no question about joining the group. Click yes or accept and then it should walk you through to the end and either under review or accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andreip

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone heard back from their builder or morgage provider yet? Assuming you gave them the application code and access code? I'm curious if they even know what they should be doing with it.
    I can see application code, but what is my access code, the PPS number when I'm using to login?

Second, I'm looking to buy the house together with my wife, but she is unemployed, so zero taxes in last years, I still need to apply for HTB scheme as group, myself & mywife, as the contract and mortgage are signed for married couple?
    Or it's sufficient to apply for HTB as single even the contract is for both?

And if I apply for HTB group, it's sufficient to mention my wife only or she needs revenue online account to be able to join to our HTB group?

Many thanks for your answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

andreip wrote: »
    I can see application code, but what is my access code, the PPS number when I'm using to login?

Second, I'm looking to buy the house together with my wife, but she is unemployed, so zero taxes in last years, I still need to apply for HTB scheme as group, myself & mywife, as the contract and mortgage are signed for married couple?
    Or it's sufficient to apply for HTB as single even the contract is for both?

And if I apply for HTB group, it's sufficient to mention my wife only or she needs revenue online account to be able to join to our HTB group?

Many thanks for your answers!

Go to the My Enquirers section. There should be two messages there for you relating to Help To Buy once you have completed the application. One contains the application number and the other contains the access code.

In relation to the rest I suggest you contact Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ShogunWarrior

Got approved earlier today but couldn't find anywhere in ROS to submit the Claim (Stage 2) and the revenue.ie website didn't offer any detail either. Called Revenue and by the time they got back to me they'd added a new section to the website, "Important notice for Retrospective Customers (purchased/self-built between 19 July 2016 and 31 December 2016) who have completed their applicant stage.":

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html

TL/DR: Submit your claim through My Enquiries if you're approved and ready to claim.

• Advertisement

Got approved earlier today but couldn't find anywhere in ROS to submit the Claim (Stage 2) and the revenue.ie website didn't offer any detail either. Called Revenue and by the time they got back to me they'd added a new section to the website, "Important notice for Retrospective Customers (purchased/self-built between 19 July 2016 and 31 December 2016) who have completed their applicant stage.":

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html

TL/DR: Submit your claim through My Enquiries if you're approved and ready to claim.

So your bank and builder did their part already? I haven't even heard from my bank. What bank you with? What builder?

@cronos Our builder Aspect Developments did their part in that they're an approved contractor (the only one currently). They said they submitted back in early December. I've sent them our application code and access code for Stage 2 (presumably they'll need it to verify our claim). We signed contracts in November '16 and we've accepted the loan offer, but haven't yet provided the bank (KBC) with the application and access codes.

@cronos Our builder Aspect Developments did their part in that they're an approved contractor (the only one currently). They said they submitted back in early December. I've sent them our application code and access code for Stage 2 (presumably they'll need it to verify our claim). We signed contracts in November '16 and we've accepted the loan offer, but haven't yet provided the bank (KBC) with the application and access codes.

Strange. Don't see how you could proceed to Stage 2 if your bank hasn't done their bit.

Lucky you on the builder!

Important notice for Retrospective Customers (purchased/self-built between 19 July 2016 and 31 December 2016) who have completed their applicant stage.

Once you have completed the application stage and are ready to make a claim for a refund, you must login to myAccount/ROS and

Check that the bank details held by Revenue in myAccount/ROS are correct. If you wish to nominate an alternative bank account for the refund you will need to amend the details in myAccount/ROS.

Upload the following required documentation using MyEnquiries. You must quote your application number in my reference.
    - A signed copy of the contract
    - Property details
    - Purchase price
    - Purchase date/completion date
    - Mortgage Institution details
    - Evidence of the mortgage, including the loan-to-value ratio
    - Details of each first-time buyer (if a group application)
    - Portion of refund agreed for each first-time buyer (if a group application)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

we paid 5k initially to reserve the house and then remaining 10% while signing the contract in December. the house will be ready in march.
    do we get the refund back in cash into our individual bank accounts or does it add tax credits to each of us?

• Advertisement

bittihuduga We're in an almost identical situation and my reading of the legislation is that we'll get the rebate deposited into our bank account(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lili88

From reading most of the posts, it sounds like the majority of people here have already purchased their new build & are waiting for their refund tax claim back from Revenue.

I'm coming from the other end of the scale - I want to apply for the tax claim prior to/same time as purchasing the property and I was wondering how this works? I assume this is possible as many bank ad's for mortgages are now advertising that you only need 5% deposit if you have the 5% grant from Revenue.

I am speaking to my bank manager this week and hope to get further information but if anyone could explain that scenario it would be a great help to move things forward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Lili88 wrote: »
    From reading most of the posts, it sounds like the majority of people here have already purchased their new build & are waiting for their refund tax claim back from Revenue.

I'm coming from the other end of the scale - I want to apply for the tax claim prior to/same time as purchasing the property and I was wondering how this works? I assume this is possible as many bank ad's for mortgages are now advertising that you only need 5% deposit if you have the 5% grant from Revenue.

I am speaking to my bank manager this week and hope to get further information but if anyone could explain that scenario it would be a great help to move things forward :)

I'm in the same situation. I'm applying this week for my mortgage. I have 5% of the deposit saved and will provide the bank with the details of my application for the grant, which will make up the other 5%.

There are two stages to the scheme, application and then claim. You'll need to make the application so you can provide details to the bank of what you're eligible for. Once you sign contracts for your new home you then progress to claim stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

My sister is law has had a site with a derelict cottage on it offered to her. If she is to purchase it, and build, would she get this grant?

It has been adjudicated derelict by an engineer and they have all paperwork from Revenue (for LPT) and NPPR "agreeing" it as derelict also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lili88

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation. I'm applying this week for my mortgage. I have 5% of the deposit saved and will provide the bank with the details of my application for the grant, which will make up the other 5%.

There are two stages to the scheme, application and then claim. You'll need to make the application so you can provide details to the bank of what you're eligible for. Once you sign contracts for your new home you then progress to claim stage.

I imagine the developer holding deposit (in my case €5,000) would have to be funded by myself too?
    Also, if the developer is not listed on revenue (there is currently only one developer listed) I wonder what happens then... do you take the developers word for it that they are/will be applying for this scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

sibersha wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat and overall status is under review. I have posted the query in My Enquiries and if I get a chance I will try and call them later today. Will let you know what they say.

Just had a reply on the My Enquiries section, saying it's still under review and they'll be in touch once review is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

sibersha wrote: »
    Just had a reply on the My Enquiries section, saying it's still under review and they'll be in touch once review is completed.

Same here..status under review since 3rd January. rang revenue few times. every time different person taking phone..giving different advise...they have no clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Lili88 wrote: »
    I imagine the developer holding deposit (in my case €5,000) would have to be funded by myself too?
    Also, if the developer is not listed on revenue (there is currently only one developer listed) I wonder what happens then... do you take the developers word for it that they are/will be applying for this scheme?

The holding deposit makes up part of the 5% that you need to have. Provide a receipt to your bank if you've paid it so they can see you have the 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Same here..status under review since 3rd January. rang revenue few times. every time different person taking phone..giving different advise...they have no clue.

Where do you guys see the application status? I got a reference number when I did it but cannot see it again anywhere. I created an enquiry with the documentation but that's all I can see

Found it :)

Did somebody else faced with next notification when you tried to apply for application?

"We cannot complete your request because our records show that your personal details need to be updated. Please telephone your local Revenue office or contact us through myEnquires. Please quote Rule 2."

(I cannot attache a print-screen here)

If yes, what Revenue told you to do?
    I'm still waiting their answer at my query.

Thank you,

Andrei

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Did somebody else faced with next notification when you tried to apply for application?

"We cannot complete your request because our records show that your personal details need to be updated. Please telephone your local Revenue office or contact us through myEnquires. Please quote Rule 2."

Thank you,

Andrei

They will ask you to confirm your a FTB

• Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cuda

Thank you,

Andrei
    I got the same error message, they had a mistake in my account which said I was already a home owner. The only way to fix it was to to keep phoning every day until I got someone who was able to figure it out! They are very slow to reply to the messages, better to phone them first thing in the morning when the wait time isn't so long.

How to confirm I'm FTB?
    With a scanned copy of my contract with my landor sent to Revenue or just a phone confirmation?
    I have a tenancy registration number too, but I presume they can check I'm not in any database with a property.

I will figure our this.

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Where do you guys see the application status? I got a reference number when I did it but cannot see it again anywhere. I created an enquiry with the documentation but that's all I can see

Found it :)

How did you find your reference number?

I assume it's just by going back into the help to buy tile that you originally applied from. Mine's stuck at pending. Sent in the second phase docs, but not sure what the story is on the Bank/Builder side yet, haven't heard anything on that side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

Get in the HTB as if you were going to apply again, next, answer on the next screen I can see the number and the status. Something like A0000xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Has anyone confirmed on the very first question if we have put a deposit on a house in September but not closing until April/May do we put down Yes or No to did you purchase between July and December?

Has anyone confirmed on the very first question if we have put a deposit on a house in September but not closing until April/May do we put down Yes or No to did you purchase between July and December?

I chose "Yes" on the assumption that they're using a pretty loose definition of the term "purchase" but it's yet to be seen I guess (I've submitted a Stage 2 claim). I don't remember seeing any mentions of "closing" or "completing" even though they're very specific about contract signing and drawdown dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I think purchase would imply ownership, which wouldn't happen until closing obviously. We paid a booking deposit in October, but it's fully refundable and we haven't "purchased" the house, just paid a deposit to commit to a purchase. I clicked no.. Could be wrong however!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I think purchase would imply ownership, which wouldn't happen until closing obviously. We paid a booking deposit in October, but it's fully refundable and we haven't "purchased" the house, just paid a deposit to commit to a purchase. I clicked no.. Could be wrong however!

We paid the booking deposit but also then signed the contracts with solicitors and paid a 10% deposit. I've submitted it as an enquiry a week ago but no word back

Advertisement