Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If you've just given them your bank details you might need to wait until tomorrow before they're processed. Can only be done during working hours, try again tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Fartbox wrote: »
    Our house is ready in 2 weeks and we need to draw down our mortgage.

First, we couldn't sign the contract, because the bank wouldn't send the loan offer to the solicitors until I went back from maternity leave.

Then there was an issue with the contract, which took so long to resolve, its brought us up to Christmas.

Then everyone was off for 2 weeks.

Now the grant.

Basically if you're house hasn't gone through before 31st Dec, the money has to go through the builder.

My mam was going to give the grant money to me, but now I won't be able to claim it back, so I have to wait for the revenue to pay it out.

When you apply, you pick 4 years from 2012 - 2016, which is 5 years to chose from.
    My partner was self employed for part of this year 2016, which means we've to submit tax returns for him now. Which is going to take forever.

When we chose 2012, it says we haven't submitted a p21 or form 12 for that year, and you cannot get a p21/form 12, as it's out of the 4 year restriction.

So I'm in a lose/lose situation,

If only they had of given out some information, I could have done the balance for 2012 last week. But it's closed now & I can't do anything.

Any advise would be appreciated.

You can submit a paper form of the P12 I believe. Call the revenue about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Site down

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fartbox

andreip wrote: »
    I've tried to do online HTB application, I've selected 3x years and on my summary page the potential maximum relief is €0.00 even in see on my P60 paper sufficient money as DIRT :(
    I didn't claim any tax during these 3x years, what could be wrong?
    Maybe the online platform?

Go into your PAYE requests or archive. Your p21's for each year, should be in there to show how much tax you paid and you can add up the 4 years.
    If you haven't got them. See if you can apply for a form 12 (not in the PAYE section) it's the main page before you go into PAYE

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

I've "Form 12 not filed 2015" error stopping me, even though I've submitted form 12 via the normal site and my p21 via "PAYE Anytime".

I've sent an esquire to ros, but any help to speed it up would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 andreip

Many thanks for this.
    Yes, P21 for all years are there, probably there is an issue with my PAYE profile in relation with HTB application.
    I've sent an email to Revenue representative for my issue.

Many thanks!

Just waiting on my 2016 P60 and should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone heard back from their Builder/Mortgage Provider yet?

Just waiting on my 2016 P60 and should be good to go.

If you have paid enough tax over 3 years you can select just those three years. This is what I did to avoid having to wait for the P60. Won't work if you haven't paid enough tax in the 3 years though.

cronos wrote: »
    If you have paid enough tax over 3 years you can select just those three years. This is what I did to avoid having to wait for the P60. Won't work if you haven't paid enough tax in the 3 years though.

Good idea, was jobless for a period in 2014 so unfortunately reliant on 2016! Thanks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Our house is classed as new build on PPR and all documents relating to the sale, but it was actually built 2007. Developer retained it as an unsold house until we bought it as FTBs.

Anyone know what would happen in this case?

Mine is somewhat similar, built in 2007, property was taken into Nama and we are the first purchasers. PPR states new build.
    Guess ill do some proper looking into whether I'll be eligible to claim.

Chanced this anyway and between both parties 3 years was sufficient. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

what figure do they take into account from the P21? Gross tax payable?

lfc200 wrote: »
    Mine is somewhat similar, built in 2007, property was taken into Nama and we are the first purchasers. PPR states new build.
    Guess ill do some proper looking into whether I'll be eligible to claim.

I suggest getting revenue on the phone. That's coming from someone who's read the whole section of the Finance Bill here.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

If one party cannot make up the full amount over 4 years to cover 50% of the rebate - can the collective tax of both parties be used if it covers the full rebate?

sibersha wrote: »
    If one party cannot make up the full amount over 4 years to cover 50% of the rebate - can the collective tax of both parties be used if it covers the full rebate?

I think so. Don't remember anything saying it had to be 50 50 from both parties.

sibersha wrote: »

Yes, we were about 70/30 split.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

I am freaking out.

Just got the contract from the solicitor, document is "general conditions of sale 2009 edition", and the purchase price on the document is on 55k, instead the plus 300k which was the price of the house.

Is this normal? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

If for example I have paid 10k tax in each year for 2014 and 2015 can I just go ahead and submit the claim based on those two tax years? My P60 is not out until the end of the month but would rather go ahead and do it now if I can.

I am freaking out.

Just got the contract from the solicitor, document is "general conditions of sale 2009 edition", and the purchase price on the document is on 55k, instead the plus 300k which was the price of the house.

Is this normal? Am I missing something?

Our contract has the same comment "general conditions of sale 2009 edition". Its fine and nothing to do with closing date.

The purchase price is broken down into two sections on our contract. Not sure why again. It could be one part for land price etc. Not sure but I would be very confident there is no issue with your contract otherwise you'll be suing them for the grant!

• Advertisement

morrga wrote: »
    If for example I have paid 10k tax in each year for 2014 and 2015 can I just go ahead and submit the claim based on those two tax years? My P60 is not out until the end of the month but would rather go ahead and do it now if I can.

Yep :) Mine is end of month too but wanted this done..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

Our contract has the same comment "general conditions of sale 2009 edition". Its fine and nothing to do with closing date.

The purchase price is broken down into two sections on our contract. Not sure why again. It could be one part for land price etc. Not sure but I would be very confident there is no issue with your contract otherwise you'll be suing them for the grant!

After the initial heart attack I think it's only part of the contract, as you say for the land, so we may be missing the house part

Can Form 12 applications be submitted on line or is it a print out and scan upload job?

I can only see the option to requesting a balancing statement but assume that doesn't suffice?

Found it.

Yes that's what I did. Just select the relevant years. It's just the maximum that you can select is 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Yes, if the tax paid in those years cover the rebate cost then go for it. Don't select 2016 as you'll be waiting on your p60 to process it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Until now, I have never chased my P60 before. How long does this information usually take to register on Revenue.ie/MyAccount? I think you can manually add this information "if" you receive your P60, is this correct? (I've just emailed HR).

Collyb101 wrote: »
    Until now, I have never chased my P60 before. How long does this information usually take to register on Revenue.ie/MyAccount? I think you can manually add this information "if" you receive your P60, is this correct? (I've just emailed HR).

Think you can manually add it based on your last payslip also. But best to get revenue on the phone to confirm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Think you can manually add it based on your last payslip also. But best to get revenue on the phone to confirm.

If your company has not issued you one and reported it to revenue, then you can add it in manually when you request your P21. Your last payslip should have a cumulative YTD to take the numbers from. If you have worked anywhere else though and they have not submitted your P45, you have to add them as well as the cumulative YTD is only for your current company.

It is unlikely that a P60, even if issued, would be on the revenues systems for a few weeks yet, so if in a rush, maybe the way to go, although that may wait anyway, for auditing, if they want the numbers confirmed by the company. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Hi all,

So has anyone noticed any developments jumping up in price by 15-20k since the 3rd of January?

I have and it makes me sick to be honest. Complete greed on behalf of the developers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Hi all,

So has anyone noticed any developments jumping up in price by 15-20k since the 3rd of January?

I have and it makes me sick to be honest. Complete greed on behalf of the developers.

That's more or less the point of the help to buy scheme. It's a way to give the developers a boost to encourage building new housing but also a palatable way to sell it to the electorate as help for the buyer.

Advertisement