Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

So at the moment my builder is not on the registered contractors list on the revenue website, I've emailed them to ask for confirmation but haven't heard back yet. I'd be applying as a retrospective buyer...should I bother applying if I don't know for definite that they are going to be participating? The estate agent had leaflets in the showhouse comparing deposits using the scheme so am I right to think they will be but are just not registered yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Same situation here, it has been under review for ten days now. I called them and they told me to wait. Anyway I created an enquiry and send all information already, as I have it I don't mind sending it in advance as they give you the application reference.

We applied on the 3rd of Jan and it has been under review since. No response from my enquiries. Very annoying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MissElle wrote: »
    So at the moment my builder is not on the registered contractors list on the revenue website, I've emailed them to ask for confirmation but haven't heard back yet. I'd be applying as a retrospective buyer...should I bother applying if I don't know for definite that they are going to be participating? The estate agent had leaflets in the showhouse comparing deposits using the scheme so am I right to think they will be but are just not registered yet?

If your a retrospective buyer the contractor has nothing to do with it. The money is paid directly to you. If you read through the list of required details for retrospective buyers on the website (detailed earlier in the thread), all you need is documents that cover the requested details. Not sure why you would not apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

CramCycle wrote: »
    If your a retrospective buyer the contractor has nothing to do with it. The money is paid directly to you. If you read through the list of required details for retrospective buyers on the website (detailed earlier in the thread), all you need is documents that cover the requested details. Not sure why you would not apply?

I think even if your a retrospective buyer the builder still needs to on the list. I get that the money does not go directly to them but I think they still need to be on the list.

I can't however see any builder in their right mind not registering. The only reason I could see would be they were seriously non-tax compliant. In which case buying from them might not be the best idea in the first place.

cronos wrote: »
    I think even if your a retrospective buyer the builder still needs to on the list. I get that the money does not go directly to them but I think they still need to be on the list.

I can't however see any builder in their right mind not registering. The only reason I could see would be they were seriously non-tax compliant. In which case buying from them might not be the best idea in the first place.

Admittedly, going by most of the posts on the thread, revenue are not fully there with how the system operates but it just doesn't make sense as revenue don't need those details. There website, to me, seems reasonably clear on this.
    mportant notice for Retrospective Customers (purchased/self-built between 19 July 2016 and 31 December 2016) who have completed their applicant stage.
    Once you have completed the application stage and are ready to make a claim for a refund, you must login to myAccount/ROS and

Check that the bank details held by Revenue in myAccount/ROS are correct. If you wish to nominate an alternative bank account for the refund you will need to amend the details in myAccount/ROS.
    Upload the following required documentation using MyEnquiries. You must quote your application number in my reference.
    A signed copy of the contract
    Property details
    Purchase price
    Purchase date/completion date
    Mortgage Institution details
    Evidence of the mortgage, including the loan-to-value ratio
    Details of each first-time buyer (if a group application)
    Portion of refund agreed for each first-time buyer (if a group application)
    Once your past the applicant stage (personal details, that you qualify, got the authorisation reference number etc.) You just have to upload any documents that give over the requested information. Will update here later if I am wrong (which is quite often).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭brian2614

Does anyone know or have an idea how the 5 % will be given back to a person who bought in July 2016
    Is it a lump sum or tax rebate
    I hope its a lump sum:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

brian2614 wrote: »
    Does anyone know or have an idea how the 5 % will be given back to a person who bought in July 2016

Lump sum into bank account

ILikeBoats wrote: »

Lump sum into bank account

Your not pulling my leg now are you :woot:

Utah wrote: »
    Going to start the process tomorrow. We bought in November.

Will we be getting a tax credit or a refund lump sum?!
    morrga wrote: »
    Refund lump sum paid direct to your bank account.

Nope!

Utah wrote: »
    Going to start the process tomorrow. We bought in November.

Will we be getting a tax credit or a refund lump sum?!
    morrga wrote: »
    Refund lump sum paid direct to your bank account.

Nope!
    Lovely hurling

• Advertisement

Lovely hurling

What date in July did you sign contracts?

What date in July did you sign contracts?

After the 19th

After the 19th

Good for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 speranza2

Rang Revenue just there and they said all is approved. Money will be processed to my account on Monday!:D:D Had sent in LTV and loan offer. These were last things they looked for. Sometimes you are beter off ringing them rather than sending in queries. Depends then who you get on the phone.

speranza2 wrote: »
    Money will be processed to my account on Monday!

Brilliant stuff!

We can't get passed the accepting the other person into the group stage. :rolleyes: Despite cancelling and starting again numerous times it won't create a group for us :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 speranza2

Brilliant stuff!

We can't get passed the accepting the other person into the group stage. :rolleyes: Despite cancelling and starting again numerous times it won't create a group for us :confused:

Did you ring them? Should be no need to be starting and restarting. One of you create the group then each sign up in your own ros account. I think it tells you regardless of which persons account you are in that they are waiting on the other person to be approved. That then sorts itself out. Don't restart application. Ring revenue and explain. See how you get on. It's Friday they might be in better form

speranza2 wrote: »
    Rang Revenue just there and they said all is approved. Money will be processed to my account on Monday!:D:D Had sent in LTV and loan offer. These were last things they looked for. Sometimes you are beter off ringing them rather than sending in queries. Depends then who you get on the phone.

Definitely depends on who you get on the phone. I just rang now and all she said was there is a backlog and could take 2 weeks before they get back to me.

Definitely depends on who you get on the phone. I just rang now and all she said was there is a backlog and could take 2 weeks before they get back to me.

I rang as well, asked was everything in order as I was a retrospective claimer. He looked through, said it all looks good and has already been approved at their end. I asked how long it would take and he said that it has been sent off to Kilkenny (presume their offices down there), where they do a review on these cases after they are approved. No idea how long that would take.

I rang as well, asked was everything in order as I was a retrospective claimer. He looked through, said it all looks good and has already been approved at their end. I asked how long it would take and he said that it has been sent off to Kilkenny (presume their offices down there), where they do a review on these cases after they are approved. No idea how long that would take.

What number did you ring and what digits did you press on their automated system?

What number did you ring and what digits did you press on their automated system?

017023011 I have a feeling I said 4 twice. Eventually I just waited on the line for a person as none of the options really were suitable. Stupid voice recognition never hears me right the first few times.

• Advertisement

017023011 I have a feeling I said 4 twice. Eventually I just waited on the line for a person as none of the options really were suitable. Stupid voice recognition never hears me right the first few times.

Ya got a similar answer from them. Hasn't been processed yet. In the queue, don't know when it will be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ShogunWarrior

Just got this in our My Enquiries:
    406930.png

Just got this in our My Enquiries:
    406930.png

Same here :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Same here :)

What? You're both called David?? :)

pilly wrote: »
    What? You're both called David?? :)

Actually yes. But mine was 6 mins earlier haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Actually yes. But mine was 6 mins earlier haha

Ah they must be doing all the Davids first.

pilly wrote: »
    Ah they must be doing all the Davids first.

Coincidence or alpha order. Or just for people who have rang them up in the last hour or two. I applied 7th Jan and they told me on the phone earlier it could be another 2 weeks, but then I got the message. Could all be a coincidence but I doubt it.

Got mine 10 minutes ago. Not called David though.

Got mine 10 minutes ago. Not called David though.

Did you ring them recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 xmazyx

I got a message aswell sent all my paperwork in the 6th and called today! was told I was in the queue!

Advertisement