Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode 2017 [Dublin date announced]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PG24

Many thanks for this! Great quality. Was at the gig and it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Martin's fans have been asking for some of his lead vocals - here's Home.

Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I found the drums seemed to be mixed way too loud for a lot of songs and keys too low for a few too.

Can't fault the setlist. So many from Ultra made me happy.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I found the drums seemed to be mixed way too loud for a lot of songs and keys too low for a few too.

Felt the same. Quite dominant in the mix overall. Great show & performance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

bullpost wrote: »
    I want to buy an in concert DM DVD now.

Any recommendations?

I've seen the Berlin one on Sky Arts and that looked great and would be happy to go with that but open to other suggestions?

I have all of them. It really depends on what setlist you like/prefer (check amazon for full listings) and what kind of system you have. The Barcelona Concert of the Tour of the Universe is the only one on Blu Ray for enhanced audio but I agree with the previous poster that the Devotional Tour is prob. the best.

• Advertisement

Found the drums too loud early but they seemed to sort it out fairly quickly.

Would have preferred the singles version of In Your Room, but hearing and version was brilliant. I got very distracted by the Walking In My Shoes video that I forgot to enjoy one of my favourite songs. The videos worked well for the most part, though.

Some great surprises I wasn't expecting like A Question Of Time which was so good. Going Backwards was actually a great gig opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Christians drumming does threaten to become the main sound of the band far too much, at these shows, considering it's not even on record.

I understand they can't go backwards - narf - to tape and that Dave bounces off having a live drummer, but still.

It was very noticeable when he put a super agressive fill into Home which just sounded weird. He seems to only have one setting, but it worked for the hight tempo stuff.

It was very noticeable when he put a super agressive fill into Home which just sounded weird. He seems to only have one setting, but it worked for the hight tempo stuff.

+1 on this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Would have preferred the singles version of In Your Room, but hearing and version was brilliant. I got very distracted by the Walking In My Shoes video that I forgot to enjoy one of my favourite songs. The videos worked well for the most part, though.

Some great surprises I wasn't expecting like A Question Of Time which was so good. Going Backwards was actually a great gig opener.

Yeah, was a bit disappointed they played the album version of In Your Room, the singles version is the better one for me. Still a great tune either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Have to say The One Night In Paris is epic

On a flight to the US right now and listening to some of my bootleg remix albums that I haven't listened to in a while. Some great stuff there even if the sound quality varies hugely.

Have a number of official live albums too that I'll listen to later (Dublin 2006 amongst them - they didn't release 2009 or 2013 gigs officially).

In the states at the moment and had the tv on in the background last night when I heard the opening chords to "I Feel You". Turned around to see/hear an edited version being used on a Sony VR ad. I know they allowed "Strangelove" to be used for a Gucci ad a few years ago but that wasn't the original music or Dave singing; this ad had both. I'm a bit disappointed tbh as I thought they'd be above that......:( Who knows though, maybe it was part of the new contract? Anyone know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

In the states at the moment and had the tv on in the background last night when I heard the opening chords to "I Feel You". Turned around to see/hear an edited version being used on a Sony VR ad. I know they allowed "Strangelove" to be used for a Gucci ad a few years ago but that wasn't the original music or Dave singing; this ad had both. I'm a bit disappointed tbh as I thought they'd be above that......:( Who knows though, maybe it was part of the new contract? Anyone know more?

you're forgetting VW ad

Carpentry wrote: »
    you're forgetting VW ad

Oh Jesus, I've never actually seen or heard that before...and wish I hadn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Wondering if anyone would happen to still have a physical ticket from this? I want to get one as part of a present and only had an e-ticket for the concert itself. Would be reimbursed for it accordingly of course.

Corholio wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone would happen to still have a physical ticket from this? I want to get one as part of a present and only had an e-ticket for the concert itself. Would be reimbursed for it accordingly of course.

Don't have one (had an e ticket) but found this the other day from 1993.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Corholio wrote: »

I think I have 2 tickets from this show.

Had a bit of spare time... here's a multicam mix of Everything Counts from The 3Arena Nov 15th 2 weeks back.

Hope you enjoy.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Such a great intro to the song.

Advertisement