Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode 2017 [Dublin date announced]

Options
  • 11-10-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Given that they always seem to leave at least 2 days between their dates it doesn't look good for an Irish date at this stage (when looking at London). Still hoping one gets added.

[...]
    - May 31, 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark, Telia Parken
    - Jun 03, 2017, London, United Kingdom, London Stadium
    - Jun 05, 2017, Cologne, Germany, RheinEnergieStadion
    [...]

Full tour dates:
    http://www.depechemode.com/tour

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed the rumor thread, where this one belongs. Mods, please feel free to move or delete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭iancairns

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Given that they always seem to leave at least 2 days between their dates it doesn't look good for an Irish date at this stage (when looking at London). Still hoping one gets added.

[...]
    - May 31, 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark, Telia Parken
    - Jun 03, 2017, London, United Kingdom, London Stadium
    - Jun 05, 2017, Cologne, Germany, RheinEnergieStadion
    [...]

Full tour dates:
    http://www.depechemode.com/tour

EDIT: sorry, I just noticed the rumor thread, where this one belongs. Mods, please feel free to move or delete.

Yeah gutted to see, they've had two magical gigs here in the 3 arena last two visits.

Surely we left an impression on them. :'(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Caught their last few visits, still a die hard, they'll announce for sure, all the Dublin gigs were excellent so they'll be back, they don't have enough UK dates in that schedule at all yet

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

The last two tours had a European tour announced later on in tour which included Ireland only then .

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Have tickets for nos alive to see em, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Nothing to be gutted about . They will add on an arena tour as the 3rd leg and Dublin has been a big highlight for them on the last tours. They will play here for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

they are playing the BBK festival. result i have my ticket bought already. wasn't expecting a band as big as that

Bowlardo wrote: »
    they are playing the BBK festival. result i have my ticket bought already. wasn't expecting a band as big as that

It's funny , yes they are a huge act but yet I mentioned recently to someone I wouldn't mind seeing them in the Stade de France on the tour and was told ' Jasus I didn't think they could fill a niteclub!! Are they still going ! -(
    Ah the misconceptions of Depeche Mode

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

A Dublin date for next winter is going to be announced early next year if the last three tours are anything to go by. You can almost bet on it. And for all the allure of seeing them in Berlin the Dublin crowd always bring it. There's a brilliant Irish connection there. Dublin's a top place to see them.

Tempted to plop for 80,000 in West Ham's gaf though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hoping you guys are right! Depeche Mode are high up on my list of bands to see live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuaPfOuxB0

New tune is awful. Plodding Junior Cert CSPE lyrics and the same analogue blues sound they've been treading water with for years. What is it with them? Gore should stick to writing his usual perverted Christianity cross pollination.

Edit: Now I also think the chorus is quite catchy, coz I'm honest about being a total fanboy.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuaPfOuxB0

New tune is awful. Plodding Junior Cert CSPE lyrics and the same analogue blues sound they've been treading water with for years. What is it with them? Gore should stick to writing his usual perverted Christianity cross pollination.

Edit: Now I also think the chorus is quite catchy, coz I'm honest about being a total fanboy.

It's certainly caused a stir with the fans . I quite like it , although it does sound like a mismash of 3 songs. It's very catchy . I've found myself humming "the trains are coming"
    Looking forward to the new album. Usually the first single is a bit different to the rest of the album but let's wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any more rumours or otherwise of an Irish gig or am I heading abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Any more rumours or otherwise of an Irish gig or am I heading abroad?

They're playing the Punchestown Festival on the 29th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They're playing the Punchestown Festival on the 29th July.

:D:D:D:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

give it a while they will announce the 3rd leg of thr tour in the next couple of months I'd say they will play in December

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Any News on Depeche Mode ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

There's a story over on the hotpress website. They interviewed one of the lads from DM and he said Dublin would be included in the winter tour. No specifics but at least a kinda confirmation that a gig will happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

lc180 wrote: »
    There's a story over on the hotpress website. They interviewed one of the lads from DM and he said Dublin would be included in the winter tour. No specifics but at least a kinda confirmation that a gig will happen.
    Depeche Mode seeing them live in Dublin 2013 great band live thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Just announced by Tom Dunne on newssquawk106 that they will be announcing gigs soon. So yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

I've read they may be announcing the winter leg in June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

15th November 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Anyone any idea what the story is with the platinum tickets?

I've read the ticket master blurb but I still don't get it. I want standing tickets.. would platinum get me close to the front or is it just the better seated tickets?

Ticketmaster Platinum sell the 'best' seats for over the odds before releasing them to ordinary level pricing, AFAIK. It should have sweet F.A. to do with standing section.

Pumped for this. I greedily want the setlists they're doing right now. It's quite industrial. Barrel Of A Gun, Corrupt, Wrong. I have a feeling these kind of tracks will be dropped for some of the usual Policy Of Truth etc midway through the tour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

No sooner is the UK gig over that they announce an indoor UK and Ireland tour for the winter, haha.
    So cynical, if fans knew that they were going to play indoors in the UK I doubt they would have gone to the London one.

No sooner is the UK gig over that they announce an indoor UK and Ireland tour for the winter, haha.
    So cynical, if fans knew that they were going to play indoors in the UK I doubt they would have gone to the London one.
    That's cynical in and of itself. Depeche have announced winter legs much later on for donkeys years now. I doubt 70,000 people showed up to London for just incaseys. It was the central gig of the entire tour. They've previously done 2-3 nights at the 02 before coming back in winter again! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice, another DM trip to the smoke ahead....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Looking forward to this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ticketmaster Platinum sell the 'best' seats for over the odds before releasing them to ordinary level pricing, AFAIK. It should have sweet F.A. to do with standing section.

They seem to be flogging Early entry tickets for the 3arena too for 176 euro,it includes early access to the Merchandise Stand ,which is a huge bonus ,well worth paying extra for that.
    Pity the gig is on a Tuesday ,a weekend gig would have been nice .

176 euro
    Early Entry Package
    Ticket - general admission
    Early Entry Pass (15-20 min before doors)
    Early Access to Merchandise stand
    Exclusive gift and official tour program
    VIP Concierge team on site
    Commemorative VIP laminate

• Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They seem to be flogging Early entry tickets for the 3arena too for 176 euro,it includes early access to the Merchandise Stand ,which is a huge bonus ,well worth paying extra for that.
    Pity the gig is on a Tuesday ,a weekend gig would have been nice .

176 euro
    Early Entry Package
    Ticket - general admission
    Early Entry Pass (15-20 min before doors)
    Early Access to Merchandise stand
    Exclusive gift and official tour program
    VIP Concierge team on site
    Commemorative VIP laminate

i dont get why they make such a big deal about this. Sometimes there either unfriendly band crew who are sick and tired of meeting crazy mega fans or just normal 3arena stewards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

is the 3plus presale also available within the app, or is this website only?

Advertisement