Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode 2017 [Dublin date announced]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Deisler wrote: »
    Any spare codes? Messed up my application for tickets.

You should have no bother getting tickets Friday ,demand is low judging by the presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Any codes anyone? do you have to be a 3 customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The show won't sell out, not quickly at least if the last shows are to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The show won't sell out, not quickly at least if the last shows are to go by.

Show sold out in 2013 after weeks on sale but there was a Belfast date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

It will sell out comfortably . High percent of polish etc love the mode . Doubt it will sell out on the day , usually a couple of weeks
    Seen them last week in London and if in doubt just go.. They are amazing live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Is general sale in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Is general sale in the morning?

Yes, tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

They are amazing live.

Just so good live.

I was never really into them way back when. I started liking their music around the time of Songs of Faith and Devotion.

When they came here back in 2006, I thought I'd go see them and see what the fuss was all about. I was just astounded at how good they were live.
    For a Monday night, the old Point was just bouncing. We were fairly close to the front and got chatting with some German fans who had especially come to Dublin because it was the smallest venue of the tour. They wanted to see DM in an intimate venue. I chuckled. I'd never thought of the Point as intimate.

Been to the 2 other Dublin gigs since then. DM are like a fine wine. Getting better each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Just bought standing tickets, might not sell out should have probably gone into TM in person to save some of the booking fee, aw well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

jadie wrote: »
    Just bought standing tickets, might not sell out should have probably gone into TM in person to save some of the booking fee, aw well

Always a gamble, but with people buying them up to make a profit, not worth the risk. They have you cornered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

So gambled with not using the presale code which kept giving Crap seat options and was all set at 9am with the laptop and at 8.59am we had a power cut so had to use the phone app so heart was in my mouth. Got decent enough seats so am delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Yeah DM are without a doubt the best act I've seen live. Hard to describe, but they bring so much more than just rattling off the songs. Cannot wait

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Anyone get early entry tickets are they worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AmeliaKoko

Hi guys, just to give you heads up there's After Show party happening at The Button Factory, we got our tickets already! Buzzing after the concert its always cool to continue the night in the right Mode ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Apologies for the stupid question folks, but I bought standard tickets and selected for them to be posted out. Have these tickets been posted out yet if anyone knows???? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TenPicnics

Hi, I did same as you, haven't received them yet. The gig is still months away though, so I wouldn't be getting worried yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi!

Does anyone have 1 spare ticket for this gig? I'm a 3 customer (so qualified for the presale) but was due to be away with work the week of the gig so didn't take a ticket(s) to leave it for others....now that's bitten me in the a$$ big time as my work trip is rescheduled by a week - literally just found out. Fuming!

If anyone has a spare, would really appreciate it if you can think of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Heard an ad for the gig on the radio yesterday.

So I guess tickets must still be available.

lambayire wrote: »
    Heard an ad for the gig on the radio yesterday.

So I guess tickets must still be available.

Wow, surprised to hear that! Assumed it would have sold out instantly.....thanks btw. Will look later!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

standing hasn't even sold out yet...

• Advertisement

standing hasn't even sold out yet...

I'm so shocked to hear this. I've been at 15 Depeche Mode gigs since The Point in 1993 all across the world. I don't think any haven't sold out, very strange......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

I'm so shocked to hear this. I've been at 15 Depeche Mode gigs since The Point in 1993 all across the world. I don't think any haven't sold out, very strange......:confused:

It's the usual ticketmaster thing.... Standing hasn't been available for months, now all of a sudden...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Huge fan here ...

As you can see from my sig , Im on holiday next week, booked months ago , so can't go . I've actually bought myself a bike to help with the trauma .

Enjoy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

phonypony wrote: »
    It's the usual ticketmaster thing.... Standing hasn't been available for months, now all of a sudden...

Early entry tickets probably didn't sell out so are being released for general sale. The same will happen to vip seats

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭FledNanders

Peter File wrote: »
    Early entry tickets probably didn't sell out so are being released for general sale. The same will happen to vip seats

'Early entry'. Lol.

Do people actually p1ss their money away on these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/depeche-mode-at-3arena-everything-you-need-to-know-1.3285440?mode=amp

Good article here. Getting buzzy now. They done a lash of Ultra stuff for it's anniversary at the Hollywood Bowl a few weeks ago. Shame it's probably gone back to the standard tour set now because I love that album. Still a decent set though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ya want 'Useless meself that would be awesome, should be great '13 show here was immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

'13 show here was immense.

Jaysus it's not that long since they last played the O2/3 is it?

A pal brought me at the last minute - they wouldn't have been a band I'd have bought tickets for.

Blown away - must be in the top 10 live bands I've seen..

Happily, same pal is bringing me on Wed :D

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Jaysus it's not that long since they last played the O2/3 is it?

A pal brought me at the last minute - they wouldn't have been a band I'd have bought tickets for.

Blown away - must be in the top 10 live bands I've seen..

Happily, same pal is bringing me on Wed :D

Well...it's all relative....was just thinking about the '93 gig myself earlier today.....24 years! Where does it go? The setlist brings back some memories:

1993:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/1993/point-theatre-dublin-ireland-3bd780f0.html

Setlists for the other Dublin gigs since then:
    2006:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2006/point-theatre-dublin-ireland-6bd6b69a.html

2009:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2009/the-o2-dublin-ireland-23d7146f.html

2013:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2013/the-o2-dublin-ireland-43c4a32f.html

I've been at all of those, was too young to go to any of the shows that predate '93. Looking forward to Wednesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Well...it's all relative....was just thinking about the '93 gig myself earlier today.....24 years! Where does it go? The setlist brings back some memories:

1993:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/1993/point-theatre-dublin-ireland-3bd780f0.html

Setlists for the other Dublin gigs since then:
    2006:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2006/point-theatre-dublin-ireland-6bd6b69a.html

2009:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2009/the-o2-dublin-ireland-23d7146f.html

2013:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2013/the-o2-dublin-ireland-43c4a32f.html

I've been at all of those, was too young to go to any of the shows that predate '93. Looking forward to Wednesday!

I was at all these too . The 06 was before it was redeveloped and they actually came on earlish with half the crowd still trying to get a drink . The q was massive . It seemed such a small venue for them too after seeing them in other venues in Europe
    The last two concerts were superb .
    For anyone that hasn’t seen them on this tour , it starts relatively slow then builds up to hit after hit .

World in my eyes and everything counts are immense .

It will be interesting to see if they make changes to the current set list or shorten it by a couple of songs as what usually happens on this leg

Advertisement