Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode 2017 [Dublin date announced]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Little Momento from Last Night for any interested fans of the band etc..

Hope you enjoy

ps- I didn't ruin anyone's view or enjoyment of the show while filming ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

bonoman66 wrote: »

Hope you enjoy

Incredible
    That’s when a band nail it live .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Hope you enjoy

Why not just enjoy the show and don't film it ruining and distracting the view of people behind you.

Peter File wrote: »
    Why not just enjoy the show and don't film it ruining and distracting the view of people behind you.

I did thoroughly enjoy the show and I get to relive it again and again whenever I want.

I did not ruin the view of anyone either behind, beside or in front of me and I caused distraction to nobody.

I'm not one for interfering with other punters/fans enjoyment of a show & respect those all around me. Even though I do film, I appreciate what annoys many other fans such as holding equipment above head height, blocking views and if close to the stage - this can also be off putting to the band too.

I'll admit I'm probably getting too old for this taping business and will have to hang up my gear sooner rather than later :-) For the moment, think of me as a considerate person who likes to film while being aware of & respecting all around.

Hope that's ok.

I do it for no monetary reward or notoriety - its purely because I like to relive the shows I pay a lot of money (as the other fans do too) to attend.

Here's A Question of Time for anyone interested...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I can see the merit in recording to that high a standard as a hobby. My issue is with people front of stage with their wobbly phones in the air for half the gig, ignoring virtually every audience prompt. The same people who gave our group sideways glances for actually getting into the spirit of things.

I know people paid good money to be as excited as they damn well please but if louder fans push ahead of these sorts then that's all fair in love and gigs, in my book.

I can see the merit in recording to that high a standard as a hobby. My issue is with people front of stage with their wobbly phones in the air for half the gig, ignoring virtually every audience prompt. The same people who gave our group sideways glances for actually getting into the spirit of things.

I know people paid good money to be as excited as they damn well please but if louder fans push ahead of these sorts then that's all fair in love and gigs, in my book.

Even though I do record gigs myself (without wanting to sound like a hypocrite), I do agree with what you say.

I am sincere when I say I don't interfere with anyone around me & I have learned my lesson in the past not to film directly in front of the band as its not fair to them etc..

I would not film anything, if I didn't think I could get reasonably good footage (I just wouldn't bother wasting my time). So I'm not one for blocking views, holding equipment high up in the way of others & I'm sensitive to that fact that officially nobody should be recording so I don't go out of my way to draw any attention to myself either.

You make a very fair and valid point (and I say that as a taper)..

and here's my last one for any fans...

Hope you enjoy..

Cover Me

Cheers,

Bonoman66

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I can see the merit in recording to that high a standard as a hobby. My issue is with people front of stage with their wobbly phones in the air for half the gig..

..phone screen brightness set to maximum! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Class vids Bonoman66

I've no issue with people sporadically snapping pics/snippets, but if videoing continuous whole songs prob for the best to have bagged seated tickets as I see you have done (Not hitting out at you anyhow just sharing my 2cents). But standing at gigs and phones go up to block view is frustrating, Straight into first song and I was shuffling to not be behind this chap whose Ipad shot up :o

Anyways outstanding act, a real must see band if you're a fan of live music, truly hope it's not the last time I see them.

Also now it was almost sold out but confused it wasn't as it was 4 years ago and there was a Belfast date then!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I was at this last night. I wasn't a fan, per se, of DM before this but was aware of some songs and actually listened to the new album a bit having recently bought it for herself, who loves them. After that gig, which was amazing, I'm a big fan now! Such energy, presence and what really came across as general delight from them to still be up there doing what they do, was fantastic to witness. A great show by a great band led by an absolute and devout entertainer.

Roll on the next one for this new fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

had a blast last night, they band were fantastic and they really looked like they were enjoying themselves. I loved the support band they had a good sound

My 21st Dm concert and 5th in Dublin . On fire last night after their break and they were as up for it as always . Dave Gahan has been one of the best front man for decades now .
    Had a great position, not that far from the front . I gave up on seating in the 3arena due to stewards telling people to sit down all the time . Not sure if they still do but it kills the atmosphere up there .
    Last two tours they played on a Saturday which is always a better experience and less rushing but this was amazing and I’ll try to sneak in another possibly somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Of course people should be told to sit down in the seating area. That's what it's for.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Of course people should be told to sit down in the seating area. That's what it's for.

Initially , but doesn’t last long at a rock concert , maybe at mass it does

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

My 21st Dm concert and 5th in Dublin . On fire last night after their break and they were as up for it as always . Dave Gahan has been one of the best front man for decades now .
    Had a great position, not that far from the front . I gave up on seating in the 3arena due to stewards telling people to sit down all the time . Not sure if they still do but it kills the atmosphere up there .
    Last two tours they played on a Saturday which is always a better experience and less rushing but this was amazing and I’ll try to sneak in another possibly somewhere.

Not in Ireland they didn't! Was pretty sure from memory alone but double checked to confirm.

9th Nov. 2013 - Saturday
    10th Dec. 2009 - Thursday
    26th June 2006 - Monday
    12th De. 1993 - Sunday

On standing ion the seated areas - you are asked to remain seated in the row hat's right at the balcony edge for safety reasons (as you could be pushed/fall over) but every other row I could see had people standing/dancing.

21 gigs though - impressive! I'm not too far behind.

Setlist from last night if anyone is interested:
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/depeche-mode/2017/3arena-dublin-ireland-1be0856c.html

Appears to be the first time they played "Halo" and "A Question of Time" on this tour. Interesting!

Definitely prefer the Saturday concerts !
    Shame they dropped So Much Love and would have preferred another Spirit song than Halo or AQOT but nice to hear a different setlist . Hopefully won’t be another four years to see them live again but who knows ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Initially , but doesn’t last long at a rock concert , maybe at mass it does

Maybe some of those people who like to dance at a rock concert could buy standing tickets next time instead of blocking the view of people who can't stand up for very long like a lot of people I know who buy seated tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Believe it or not, 2013 in Dublin was on a Saturday. 2010 was a Thursday and 2006 was a Monday. I had to look that up because I always thought that I had only seen DM on midweek nights.

And @Bonoman, nice videos and all that. Your Coldplay and U2 videos during the Summer were very good. But....how can you enjoy the gig if you are concentrating on the recording? I just took a couple of stage pics the other night. Otherwise for me, it was enjoy the bloody show!! Each to their own though.

I don't know how folk can be sitting for Never Let Me Down Again. The arm waving thing is such good fun and creates an exceptional image. We were lucky to be sitting in row 22, behind the front row and stood for most of the last 7 or 8 songs. Everyone around us was standing too. I feel so sorry for those in row 21 who are not allowed to stand. The stewards were very strict about that too. They should just make the barrier higher up there or design it in such a way that you cannot go over it no matter how stupid you are.

Edit: got some of my dates wrong originally!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Peter File wrote: »

I did thoroughly enjoy the show and I get to relive it again and again whenever I want.

I did not ruin the view of anyone either behind, beside or in front of me and I caused distraction to nobody.

I'm not one for interfering with other punters/fans enjoyment of a show & respect those all around me. Even though I do film, I appreciate what annoys many other fans such as holding equipment above head height, blocking views and if close to the stage - this can also be off putting to the band too.

I'll admit I'm probably getting too old for this taping business and will have to hang up my gear sooner rather than later :-) For the moment, think of me as a considerate person who likes to film while being aware of & respecting all around.

Hope that's ok.

I do it for no monetary reward or notoriety - its purely because I like to relive the shows I pay a lot of money (as the other fans do too) to attend.
    Not too soon, have loved the videos you have done of Coldplay, U2 . Absolutely brilliant keep it up ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭bullpost

I want to buy an in concert DM DVD now.

Any recommendations?

I've seen the Berlin one on Sky Arts and that looked great and would be happy to go with that but open to other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

bullpost wrote: »

Any recommendations?

I've seen the Berlin one on Sky Arts and that looked great and would be happy to go with that but open to other suggestions?

Devotional. Nuff said. Best DM dvd.

lambayire wrote: »
    And @Bonoman, nice videos and all that. Your Coldplay and U2 videos during the Summer were very good. But....how can you enjoy the gig if you are concentrating on the recording? I just took a couple of stage pics the other night. Otherwise for me, it was enjoy the bloody show!! Each to their own though.

Thanks for that feedback - glad you liked the videos.

I do enjoy all the shows I go to but yes - you are correct and accurate in that because in my case, my aim is always to try capture the best picture and sound (without distracting others and drawing attention to myself etc..), I do admittedly give up some sense of freedom I might otherwise have as I'm partially focused on my shots/framing/audio levels etc... Its an acceptable trade off for me in that I like what I do, like to relive the shows & continually challenge myself to try to better.

Like I mentioned previously - I'm probably getting to old for this but I've found it addictive over the years & its great to be able to back 12 years & relive my gigs again and again.

You're right - each to their own (and I'm ok with it as long as I don't distract or interfere with anyone elses view or enjoyment of the show on the night - I have made errors in the past but learn & try do better).

Cheers

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Not too soon, have loved the videos you have done of Coldplay, U2 . Absolutely brilliant keep it up ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Really happy to know you've enjoyed the clips.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Thanks for that feedback - glad you liked the videos. Cheers

Well thanks to you, I can enjoy the gig bother during and afterwards, so carry on regardless!! I would find you distracting if I were sitting beside you though. :)

Class vids Bonoman66

I've no issue with people sporadically snapping pics/snippets, but if videoing continuous whole songs prob for the best to have bagged seated tickets as I see you have done (Not hitting out at you anyhow just sharing my 2cents). But standing at gigs and phones go up to block view is frustrating, Straight into first song and I was shuffling to not be behind this chap whose Ipad shot up :o

Anyways outstanding act, a real must see band if you're a fan of live music, truly hope it's not the last time I see them.

Also now it was almost sold out but confused it wasn't as it was 4 years ago and there was a Belfast date then!! :confused:

Thank you very much - delighted you like the videos.

Agree 100% with you about being annoyed & frustrated by others blocking views,showing no respect or consideration for others.

I try very hard to be careful & ensure I don't block views, and even though I absolutely shouldn't be doing what I'm doing (I just love having a personal record of all my shows), I am only human & I do too get annoyed by the likes of others holding up flags/banners for ages blocking a significant amount of view for many behind. (Now I'm coming across as a prude but I'm not really at all - Just don't hold them up for multiple songs non stop). I've been in that situation many times so I can always put myself in the place of someone near/behind me & show them respect they deserve.

lambayire wrote: »
    I would find you distracting if I were sitting beside you though. :)

You might be very/pleasantly surprised how discreet I can be - I've been right next to official camera crews shooting a show on a night, (doing my own shoot :-)) & none of them have been any the wiser :-)

I really don't draw attention to myself & my equipment is configured not to distract others ;-) I do actually put a lot of thought, research and planning into any shows I record - I don't just turn up and 'wing it'...Its a hobby with a passion..

Cheers

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Devotional. Nuff said. Best DM dvd.

Its a classic alright.

Loved seeing that show live in The Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Hope you enjoy

Thanks, couldn't think of the song with the whole croix waving their arms, great to see it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

bullpost wrote: »

Any recommendations?

We have one from Paris. Called either one night in paris or live in/from paris.

Advertisement