Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2017 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SadieG

Ah congrats Briarpatch, it's a good birthday 😜, hope you're both doing ok!

Jlm hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

Congrats on all the new arrivals! Im not due until next week but getting impatient now, really think I'll go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭BriarPatch

You just never know premiergal but the uncertainty of it all is a killer I found that the hardest part both times!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

premiergal wrote: »
    Congrats on all the new arrivals! Im not due until next week but getting impatient now, really think I'll go over.

I didn't start getting impatient until I heard about the impending heatwave!!! I'm only one day over now, but for about a fortnight, I've been telling anyone who asked that I'd be having the baby "any day now", because my doctor felt I'd go early! Anyone I meet now must think I'm about 42 weeks!

I think that's it, the uncertainty is just killing me! Going to plan a full day out tomorrow to keep my mind off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭anndub

Congrats Sadie G and Briarpatch and welcome to the new arrivals!

Your experience sounds very similar to mine Briarpatch. Pillows and painkillers will be your best friends for the next week or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Well ladies, how are we all doing coping with the heat o.k? I am currently 7 days over and trying to avoid the heat. Have decided to try and let nature take its course and refused a sweep at 40 and 41 weeks. They think baby might be back to back so causing back pain. Have to go in on Wednesday for a CTG and a Scan as will be 10 days over and then discuss options from there.

Clashmore

Clashmore wrote: »
    Well ladies, how are we all doing coping with the heat o.k? I am currently 7 days over and trying to avoid the heat. Have decided to try and let nature take its course and refused a sweep at 40 and 41 weeks. They think baby might be back to back so causing back pain. Have to go in on Wednesday for a CTG and a Scan as will be 10 days over and then discuss options from there.

Clashmore

This is a quiet thread- it seems as though everyone has had their babies already! The heat isn't bothering me as much as everyone expects it to, but that's mainly because I'm dropping both my kids to the minder/school mon-fri and spending most of my time indoors. Although I did spend a fair bit of the weekend in the paddling pool with them too, which was pleasant!
    I'm only 3 days over, back for an appointment tomorrow, so will see how it goes! I'm hoping that if I'm even examined, it might kick start things!

Fingers crossed it does Jlm29!
    It's winter here so I'm avoiding the heat wave it's still 18 though. Hope you're all surviving it ok though!
    I got offered a sweep today and took it but my cervix is fully closed so was no good. Looks like it'll be a July baby as the earliest they'll induce me will be 3rd and there's zero sign of me going anyway fast. I'm totally fed up and impatient now my poor OH!

premiergal wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it does Jlm29!
    It's winter here so I'm avoiding the heat wave it's still 18 though. Hope you're all surviving it ok though!
    I got offered a sweep today and took it but my cervix is fully closed so was no good. Looks like it'll be a July baby as the earliest they'll induce me will be 3rd and there's zero sign of me going anyway fast. I'm totally fed up and impatient now my poor OH!

Don't lose hope! On my last, my doctor tried to do a sweep a couple of days over my due date and couldn't, but I went into labour the following morning by myself!

• Advertisement

Also I was told at every appointment that I'd go way over because she hadn't even started to descend, in the end I went into labour on my due date and she didn't drop until after I was 10cm. Everyone's different so it could still be any day now for you premiergal!

Thanks SadieG good to hear fingers crossed. I really shouldn't complain as long as he's healthy I'm happy, sitting around is just not my thing!

anndub wrote: »
    Congrats Sadie G and Briarpatch and welcome to the new arrivals!

Your experience sounds very similar to mine Briarpatch. Pillows and painkillers will be your best friends for the next week or so!

Yes Ann very similar this guy turned back to back in the end after all my work trying to avoid that! I have to say I'm not sure this recovery is any easier than my section last time? How are you doing?
    Ah premiergal it's so frustrating waiting, I had to be induced in the end on number 1 and those days after due date were just torture and everyone keeps telling you to relax and just enjoy them! !!

Had a sweep this morning- I've never had one before, but I'd almost forgotten how unpleasant examinations of that region are!
    She triumphantly announced that she had touched babys head 😱. For induction Friday if nothing happens before that. Fingers crossed.

Anndub - Rotunda - EDD 31st May* Baby girl born 03rd June
    RCK1406 - Holles Street - EDD 1st June * Baby girl born 30th May
    kyomi - Holles Street - EDD 5th June *Baby Born 3rd May
    Mary Lennon - EDD 7th June
    Sonya4U- Wexford- EDD 9th June
    SadieG - Holles Street - EDD 12th June * Baby Girl born 13th June
    Clashmore- Waterford- EDD 12th June
    AineQ- Limerick Maternity- EDD 15th June
    JLM29 -16th(ish!) June
    BriarPatch - Rotunda- EDD 19th June * Baby Boy born 13th June
    T1986 - CUMH - EDD 20th June
    Chocolatepan- The Coombe - EDD 20th
    Thumpette- Holles St- EDD- 23rd June * Baby Boy born 7th June
    Premiergal- Sydney- EDD 24th June

Feeling any different after your sweep JLM? Have to say I found the examinations more uncomfortable this time round than I did last time!

My little boy arrived this afternoon at 12.45pm, weighing in at an impressive (if I do say so myself!!) 10lb4oz. Delighted I avoided induction, the thoughts of it had me very nervous, I don't like the unknown!
    I felt a bit uncomfortable last night post the sweep, and woke up just before 5am today with contractions. Thank god it's over!

Congrats Jlm! That's some weight and I thought my fella was big! Well done!

Congrats jlm and fair play!! Great healthy size!

Congrats Jlm! Great size baby!

Thanks girls! People keep looking at him and telling me he's half reared, but he seems tiny to me! I can't get my head around the fact that this time yesterday he was inside me! It doesn't matter how many times you do it, it's still surreal!

• Advertisement

Baby Boy Cathal, born on Wednesday (21.06.17). Weight 8lbs 15ozs, natural birth and delighted to have avoided induction. Discharged from hospital yesterday (Thursday) and settling into life as a family of 4.

Clashmore

Congrats Clashmore, delighted you avoided the induction!

Well done Clashmore, and congrats! We have birthday twins!

jlm29 wrote: »
    Well done Clashmore, and congrats! We have birthday twins!

So I believe, ur little lad was a great size.
    Congrats to you too

Clashmore

Congrats clashmore!

How is everyone getting on? Things are hectic here, but all good! Got baby's tongue tie snipped the other day, which is helping feeding- it was not pleasant before that!
    He's a very settled little thing, which is great, because I'm so busy with the other two!
    I can't believe how well I've recovered after everything, I expected it to be much slower!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

jlm29 wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on? Things are hectic here, but all good! Got baby's tongue tie snipped the other day, which is helping feeding- it was not pleasant before that!
    He's a very settled little thing, which is great, because I'm so busy with the other two!
    I can't believe how well I've recovered after everything, I expected it to be much slower!

Things are going good with me too... she's a very quiet and content baby so hard to hear her cry for any reason. Feeding 5oz every 4 hours but she did go 5 hours during the night so got an extra hour sleep for a change!

I've also recovered quite well after the section as per my doctor which I didn't expect. I thought I would be in much more pain and discomfort for longer so I'm delighted to have been up and about quick enough!

I'm enjoying the small baby cuddles here! It makes me realise how big my first son has become! I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever from being in the house so much though. My stitches have healed well but I thought I had a urinary infection but at the 2 week check I asked the doctor to check my sample and she said I don't its just an irritation, it's irritating to say the least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RCK1406

BriarPatch wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the small baby cuddles here! It makes me realise how big my first son has become! I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever from being in the house so much though. My stitches have healed well but I thought I had a urinary infection but at the 2 week check I asked the doctor to check my sample and she said I don't its just an irritation, it's irritating to say the least!!

I'm sick of being inside can't even go out for a walk in this weather and can't drive yet after the section so can't go out during the day when I'm at home by myself with the baby.

• Advertisement

Have u any family or friends near by who could come and collect you, even to go for coffee for an hour r so.

Clashmore

Advertisement