Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clusters of upsetting dreams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sleep paralysis is where you think something's there or happening when it's really not, so yours reminded me of that, but physically getting up or rummaging around while technically asleep (obviously) sounds like sleep walking. Iirc my friend's sister sleepwalks and sometimes recalls what happened afterwards.
    They used to have a tall perimeter fence around their garden for her safety...

Yea I used to suffer from sleep paralysis a lot, but not anymore this seems to have replaced it. It's very annoying and I'm always wrecked the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

anna080 wrote: »
    Yea I used to suffer from sleep paralysis a lot, but not anymore this seems to have replaced it. It's very annoying and I'm always wrecked the next day

Have you thought about a sleep study of some kind? They can get to the bottom of such problems. It has to be exhausting..

Have you thought about a sleep study of some kind? They can get to the bottom of such problems. It has to be exhausting..

I wouldn't even know where to go to be honest. It is exhausting. It's like the opposite of sleep paralysis where your body is asleep but mind is awake, for this it's like my body is awake but my mind is still asleep. So odd!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Dreamt about rain. Endless rain. Flooding apartment. Community.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Dream. Alone. Followed. From houseparty. Late night. :eek:

• Advertisement

Dream. New date. I was waiting in restaurant for them to arrive. Waiting. Waiting. Arrived an hour late. I gave 'em that LOOK! Heard lame excuse. I said nothing. Got up. Threw my napkin on table. Turned my back. Left. Awoke mad!

Must have food on brain. Dreamed about eating spicy shrimp. Huge. Tigers. Still in body armor. Had to peel. Wondered why their feet and tails, still attached, did not threaten my appetite? Wolfed a pound. Awoke. Now craving shrimp.

Tossed & turned. Seemingly all night. Dreamed a drug-induced haze. Signed some document. Couldn't fathom its contents. Nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I had a dream last night that I received a water flosser. When I finished using it, my gums began to bleed slowly but then began gushing. The blood got all over me, the sink, and the bathroom floor.

Horrific dream Hugo.

• Advertisement

People fighting something on the beach, beside a wooden hut. One of them lost hands and feet, no sign of bullets, realised there was something like radiation.
    A dangerous spider guarding something I needed.

Typical dream content Widdershins. Interpretation doubtful.

Upon reflection. I tend to remember consistent dream parts. Ignoring inconsistent content. Like revising a fictional story for publication.

I dreamt that I was on holiday and I saw someone fall from a balcony. A young lad. I woke up so upset it took me ages to get back to sleep. One of the most realistic and disturbing dreams I've had in a while. Still not right over it, tbh.

I dreamt that I was on holiday and I saw someone fall from a balcony. A young lad. I woke up so upset it took me ages to get back to sleep. One of the most realistic and disturbing dreams I've had in a while. Still not right over it, tbh.

Jesus, sorry to hear that, Anna.

It's interesting how dreams can affect our awake life anna080.

Dream. Inherited several large gold objects. Ancient. Egyptian. Gave to older family friend to sell. I needed the money for university. He took a hammer and pounded them into bulk. Shocked I was watching this. Then he pretended he did no such thing. Later pretended that I had not given him the gold to sell for me. How could I prove it? Awoke angry.

Dream. Heat wave. Hot. Distressing. Awoke. Tossed off blanket. Went back to sleep. Problem solved.

Fathom wrote: »
    Dream. Heat wave. Hot. Distressing. Awoke. Tossed off blanket. Went back to sleep. Problem solved.

If only all problems were so painlessly solved :D

If only all problems were so painlessly solved :D
    That's why we should study dreams Widdershins. Some affect our waking lives.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Recurrent nightmare. Someone stole my netbook when I looked away from my table in our locale javahouse.

Your netbook nightmare. :eek:

Nightmare. Hundreds of years ago. Showed my independence. Some men didn't like it. Falsely accused of witchcraft. Tied to a chair and drowned in river. Awoke.

Had a messed up dream last night. I dreamt that I went out to the back garden to meet the cats. One of the cats was lying motionless on her side, her two front legs had been ripped off. I fed the cats and went back inside. The next day (in the dream) I went back out to feed them again. The Cat that I thought was dead had moved to a different part of the garden. She wasn't dead when I first saw her, I could have tried to save her. :(

Hugo's cat dreams. Cannot interpret.

Dreaming having a fight with a date. Woke up mad!

Dreamt about a bully cousin of mine. I was a child again and experiencing his nasty/humiliating ways all over again.

Dreamt about a bully cousin of mine. I was a child again and experiencing his nasty/humiliating ways all over again.
    Working through resolution in your sleep Hugo?

Fathom wrote: »
    Working through resolution in your sleep Hugo?

I don't think so, Fathom.

• Advertisement

I don't think so, Fathom.
    Or just random thoughts of past that spring into dreams when asleep?

Advertisement