Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clusters of upsetting dreams

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Fathom wrote: »
    Dream like Grimm Tale Hugo? You larger than crowd?

I don't know what you mean, F. :o

Dinxminx wrote: »
    I dreamt a man was trying to kill me with his bare hands. I can't remember why that was so important to him, but it was. I had locked myself behind this enormous mahogany door with plenty of deadbolts (including an iron bar that locked into the floor and ceiling) and he had unrolled a toolkit and was cutting a hole in the door so that he could access the locks from outside. While he was reaching behind him for another tool I grabbed the first thing I could touch - his massive electric drill - and ran into the apartment and hid in the doorway to the kitchen.

He got inside, started down the corridor, and panicked out of my mind I jumped out, turned on the drill and stabbed him with it below the shoulder. It felt so easy it shocked me, just slid in like it was drilling through butter. I pulled it out but he didn't fall down. Instead he was even angrier than before and lunged at me, so I stabbed him with it again. Still didn't fall or even stumble. Frightened out of my mind, I slid it into him again and again and until I woke up.

So horrifying. *shudder*

Jesus, that is scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I never understand why my bad dreams are so violent considering how placid I am in my day-to-day life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Dinxminx wrote: »
    I never understand why my bad dreams are so violent considering how placid I am in my day-to-day life.
    Natural balance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Dream. Tied up. Wrists. Ankles. Tried to get loose. Struggled. Awoke.

• Advertisement

Dream. Tied up. Wrists. Ankles. Tried to get loose. Struggled. Awoke.

That's unsettling. Was there anything else going on in the dream, anyone near you?

That's unsettling. Was there anything else going on in the dream, anyone near you?
    No. Recurrent dream. Once before.

No. Recurrent dream. Once before.

Sorry to hear that. *hugs*

Hugs back.

Dream. Flat tire. Remote forest road. Nighttime. Changing tire. Kept feeling there was someone nearby. Watching. Tried to hurry. Awoke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dreaming about being at a protest. Everyone shouting DUMP TRUMP!

Dream. Flat tire. Remote forest road. Nighttime. Changing tire. Kept feeling there was someone nearby. Watching. Tried to hurry. Awoke.

I got panicky just reading that! :eek:
    Black Swan wrote: »
    Dreaming about being at a protest. Everyone shouting DUMP TRUMP!

Was he dumped?

I got panicky just reading that! :eek:
    Panicky too. While dreaming.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It is a rare occasion that I have a panicky nightmare, although I do have those that cause me pause when awaking, and they can be very disorientating. They to provide a source of reflective humour after coffee.

Dream. Elevator stuck. 22 floor. Los Angeles. Weekend. Offices closed. No one to rescue. Alarm doesn't work. Phone handset stolen. Waiting. Waiting. Awoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Dream before last: I was on holiday n a mobile home with a boyfriend I din't even recognize, and a normal-looking woman with shoulder-length blond hair and jeans and a white jumper had very frightening evil power. She hovered inches from the ground and had an aura of malevolence and she kept appearing in the night to kill us and I was the only one who could stop her, with some kind of psychic force field which only kept her about a metre away from the thin wall. It was exhausting trying to psychically battle her even though I'd just be standing there doing nothing but concentrating hard. Ridiculous but there was real fear of her in the dream.

Latest dream: Reunited with long lost boyfriend and it was all great, I was very happy (again, never saw this person in my life before) and next we had twins but I 'let' one of them die by not bothering to feed it.

a normal-looking woman with shoulder-length blond hair and jeans and a white jumper had very frightening evil power. She hovered inches from the ground and had an aura of malevolence and she kept appearing in the night to kill us and I was the only one who could stop her, with some kind of psychic force field which only kept her about a metre away from the thin wall. It was exhausting trying to psychically battle her even though I'd just be standing there doing nothing but concentrating hard. Ridiculous but there was real fear of her in the dream.
    Your dream Widdershins could be an episode of Midnight Texas. New spooky TV series.

Your dream Widdershins could be an episode of Midnight Texas. New spooky TV series.
    Indeed.

Dream. Survival. Forest. Summer. Bear tacking me. Hear his growls. Closer. Closer. Awoke.

Dream. Survival. Forest. Summer. Bear tacking me. Hear his growls. Closer. Closer. Awoke.

Horrible! :eek:

• Advertisement

Horrible! :eek:
    Bear in the woods. ;)

Sneaking around in a cold castle, avoiding unfriendly people. Dream ended when it rained heavily and the whole roof leaked. Nobody knew how to fix it so they stood on the stone stairs to avoid the rain. Cold and unfriendly dream.

Castles of old were leaky Widdershins. Interesting dream.

Bear in the woods. ;)
    William James dream?

Sneaking around in a cold castle, avoiding unfriendly people. Dream ended when it rained heavily and the whole roof leaked. Nobody knew how to fix it so they stood on the stone stairs to avoid the rain. Cold and unfriendly dream.

Unsettling.

Harvey Hurricane victims would identify with your nightmare Widdershins.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Harvey Hurricane victims would identify with your nightmare Widdershins.
    Absolutely Widdershins.

Lots of evil spy types in my dream last night. They all wanted to kill me. It was not exciting. It was creepy. I had to keep running and hiding. Climbing through weird trapdoors in walls into scary rooms. People trying to kill me often feature in my dreams. So do trapdoors, passages, creepy buildings.

RE: Hurricane. Awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking I see a spider run across my bed. It freaks me out and I jump out of the bed before I realise it's not real. Last night I thought there were three dogs in my room and I was rummaging around looking for them before I copped. Another night I was half way down the hall about to knock on another room door before I woke properly and realised what I was at. Another time I was convinced my baby niece was meant to be sleeping in my room and I was freaked looking for her. I could go on and on... More often than not I wake in the night confused as fcuk and think something is after happening. I have no idea what's causing this. Would it be classed as sleep walking? I'm not sure because I always remember these episodes and with sleep walking I'm not sure you do? The only thing is I usually come around after about 20 seconds so it doesn't last too long.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Keep waking up in the middle of the night thinking I see a spider run across my bed. It freaks me out and I jump out of the bed before I realise it's not real. Last night I thought there were three dogs in my room and I was rummaging around looking for them before I copped. Another night I was half way down the hall about to knock on another room door before I woke properly and realised what I was at. Another time I was convinced my baby niece was meant to be sleeping in my room and I was freaked looking for her. I could go on and on... More often than not I wake in the night confused as fcuk and think something is after happening. I have no idea what's causing this. Would it be classed as sleep walking? I'm not sure because I always remember these episodes and with sleep walking I'm not sure you do? The only thing is I usually come around after about 20 seconds so it doesn't last too long.

Sleep paralysis is where you think something's there or happening when it's really not, so yours reminded me of that, but physically getting up or rummaging around while technically asleep (obviously) sounds like sleep walking. Iirc my friend's sister sleepwalks and sometimes recalls what happened afterwards.
    They used to have a tall perimeter fence around their garden for her safety...

Advertisement