Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Don't "despise" the ad, far from it. How many more years are they going to run that Portarlington drink driving ad? And how many years has it been running now? It's a crushing blow for the family who are featured. But it's lost it's shock value a long time ago, at this stage.

And yes; I realise it's not an ad per se, more a public information film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Acosta

Is he still coming? 3 times in less than 5 minutes on Sky Sports. Followed by covid awareness ad telling people not to be hugging each other on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Acosta wrote: »
    Is he still coming? 3 times in less than 5 minutes on Sky Sports. Followed by covid awareness ad telling people not to be hugging each other on Christmas Day.

THESE ARE HIS FAVOURITES!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Acosta wrote: »

Completely over used now . Good ad but not every 5 minutes . We all know HE IS COMING now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Completely over used now . Good ad but not every 5 minutes . We all know HE IS COMING now

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Santa, Santa, Santa, Santa Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

"on the days over christmas i like to watch movies" :rolleyes: ...............wheres omar when you want him :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The Lotto New Year millionaire ad.

I hate that pathetic bint with all the fires of Hell!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Baz bank ad. He had to shoehorn Mammy into it (even though she doesn't actually appear) because he knows she is more popular than him.

Well true, but then so is athlete’s foot and standing barefooted on a three pin plug!

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDf9ZVfq5LQ

I have never seen a woman jogging who has her jumper/jacket covering her buttocks. I just find it unintentionally hilarious how the "harasser" in this ad seems to have targeted the most conservatively dressed female exerciser in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Not an advert as such but a promo running on BBC for Sara Pascos new show, some sort of travelogue where she takes on different jobs. Not only does she come across as an utter headmelter but it features quite possibly the most irritating song I've ever heard in my life, period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDf9ZVfq5LQ

I have never seen a woman jogging who has her jumper/jacket covering her buttocks. I just find it unintentionally hilarious how the "harasser" in this ad seems to have targeted the most conservatively dressed female exerciser in Ireland.

Possibly the most ridiculous ad ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Possibly the most ridiculous ad ever made.

Most awkward harassing attempt ever. Almost comedic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Most awkward harassing attempt ever. Almost comedic.

Woman: "what are you doing?"

Man: "just admiring the view" (* grabs woman)

It is indeed comedic, until you remember how all-encompassing this poisonous woke **** is.

I wonder what kind of uproar there would be if park rapist character wasn't white.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭thesandeman

It is indeed comedic, until you remember how all-encompassing this poisonous woke **** is.

I wonder what kind of uproar there would be if park rapist character wasn't white.

And the perv on the bench watching the show.
    I'd nearly bet it was thought up by the same person who done the Tesco phone ad.

I think women would be more offended these days if you didn't look at their arse judging by what they wear.

I think women would be more offended these days if you didn't look at their arse judging by what they wear.

Yup... a few years ago, saying 'Lady, you have a fat ar*e' would get you punched.

Nowadays, they'll respond with 'thanks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

"on the days over christmas i like to watch movies" :rolleyes: ...............wheres omar when you want him :D

Finally an explanation...

“I Did Your Ads Now Let My Family Go” Idris Elba Begs Sky TV

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/12/10/i-did-your-ads-now-let-my-family-go-idris-elba-begs-sky-tv/

• Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

That pervy ad really is funny.

Is the pervy guy supposed to know the woman or be a stranger? She's tying a shoelace and this creep is a few feet behind her and then touching her. Off she walks then looking behind her and this creep is still only a couple feet behind.

Old lad on the bench then concealing a boner.

The chubby, beardy lad in the Lotto Millionaire scratch card ad - what other ad was he in recently? Was it another Lotto one?

He was in a Spar ad years ago.

I can't exactly remember how the ad went but remember it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Discovery channel promo adverts. Running 2 continuous and long ones at the moment for Predator Monday and Pol the vet, everythime its time for a break they run them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

He was in a Spar ad years ago.

I can't exactly remember how the ad went but remember it.

He was in one of those Republic of Telly skits, the one about Every Irish person at mass it was

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I wonder what kind of uproar there would be if park rapist character wasn't white

I'd pay to see that ad.

Or is someone did a spoof on it.......

Ads with rhymes seem to be back in fashion. So annoying, like that aldi one that finished with "and lost the deposit on the jacket he hired"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Head and Shoulders and with Claudua Winkleman. The new ad drives me mad, its do stupid. And her eye makeup is horrible. 'Two p1ss holes in the snow' , springs to mind.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Head and Shoulders and with Claudua Winkleman. The new ad drives me mad, its do stupid. And her eye makeup is horrible. 'Two p1ss holes in the snow' , springs to mind.

Why is she surrounded by mics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

gidget wrote: »
    He was in one of those Republic of Telly skits, the one about Every Irish person at mass it was

Fred Cooke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Is it too much to hope that Brexit will mean that they ban Wiltshire Farm Foods and their radio ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe she's good at multitasking?

• Advertisement

It's meant to be riffing on ASMR videos.
    (Google it, it's a form of audio meditation/ relaxation).

Advertisement