Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I didn't get that either the first 19 times I saw it.

There's a trailer for Roald and Beatrix on sky. I loved both their books as a kid but there's a bit where Dawn French dangles a dead mouse in front of him. Its a bit much for television in the afternoon and for whats described as a kids movie.

What next? Jemima Puddleduck getting filleted?
    Actually there is a bit in the promo where she's chasing a goose with a chef's knife :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I didn't get that either the first 19 times I saw it.

There's a trailer for Roald and Beatrix on sky. I loved both their books as a kid but there's a bit where Dawn French dangles a dead mouse in front of him. Its a bit much for television in the afternoon and for whats described as a kids movie.

What next? Jemima Puddleduck getting filleted?

Pfft just a dead mouse. Kids were made of sterner stuff years ago, we had Watership Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pfft just a dead mouse. Kids were made of sterner stuff years ago, we had Watership Down.

And Jimmy Saville........

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Ah ! Poor auld Jimmy !

"Now then ...Now then....welcome all to the Teen and Twenty Disc Club" !!

"An we will start with a platter from member no.11321.........

Ah yes ! Now he had his faults ..I admit ....

Ah ! Poor auld Jimmy !

"Now then ...Now then....welcome all to the Teen and Twenty Disc Club" !!

"An we will start with a platter from member no.11321.........

Ah yes ! Now he had his faults ..I admit ....

So had half the priests in this country, but......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Think its for Vodafone where the oul fella is running into the ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The saving grace is that the (presumably) grand-daughter he is on the phone to is absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

The saving grace is that the (presumably) grand-daughter he is on the phone to is absolutely gorgeous.

Eh, she's alright.

It's meant to be riffing on ASMR videos.
    (Google it, it's a form of audio meditation/ relaxation).

I actually saw the longer version of this ad tonight for the first time so now I do get it.

It makes absolutely zero sense in the shortened version.

Ryanair bottom dwelling already with their VAX & GO campaign. Slimy cretins.

• Advertisement

Is it the 40 foot....??..for an old guy he got a phone with a great camera on it....

Horses for courses i suppose......i'm thinking Leopardstown...:P

The girl in the Euromillions ad i want to marry....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I saw that on Xmas day and it had the tag line 'Jab and Go' which was then changed to 'Vax and Go' by Stephens Day. Its definitely bottom dwelling stuff by Ryanair but the one good thing about it is the girl jumping into the swimming pool in it has a fine arse.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I saw that on Xmas day and it had the tag line 'Jab and Go' which was then changed to 'Vax and Go' by Stephens Day. Its definitely bottom dwelling stuff by Ryanair but the one good thing about it is the girl jumping into the swimming pool in it has a fine arse.

They seem to be using vax here and jab in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

for an old guy he got a phone with a great camera on it....

and incredibly waterproof. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

Strange ad for Dunnes advertising NYE party food to impress guests with. I'm not bothered about it but I'm surprised they're allowed do it.

ollaetta wrote: »
    and incredibly waterproof. :rolleyes:

In fairness to that, you’d be harder pushed these days to find one that wasn’t waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ryanair is pure scum

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭thesandeman

irs wrote: »
    Strange ad for Dunnes advertising NYE party food to impress guests with. I'm not bothered about it but I'm surprised they're allowed do it.

Similar one.
    Currys advertising their January sale even though government has told shops to defer their sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

The Superquinn one for their Sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ryanair is pure scum

Well if they do go that way and you are that upset there are alternatives

• Advertisement

Well if they do go that way and you are that upset there are alternatives

I’m not looking for alternatives, I won’t be flying. First mean they’re not scummy for such crass advertising though.

I don’t think every post in this thread means someone has to seek out an alternative.

Ryanair is pure scum

We’d be pretty lost without them though.
    I’m old enough to remember paying the guts of €400 in old money for a return trip to London Heathrow with Aer Lingus ....................BECAUSE there was no competition, no Ryanair, no cheap flights!

I think they’re dead right, a lot of people should be able to get a vaccination by May, if not you can change your flight for free anyway. Great idea.

Airlines, travel agents and hotels have probably been the hardest hit in the entire pandemic . A year of empty and cancelled flights . Best of luck to Ryanair :)

Ryanair is pure scum

Wow...a bit harsh..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ryanair is pure scum

That you, Rosanna Davison?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

We’d be pretty lost without them though.
    I’m old enough to remember paying the guts of €400 in old money for a return trip to London Heathrow with Aer Lingus ....................BECAUSE there was no competition, no Ryanair, no cheap flights!

I think they’re dead right, a lot of people should be able to get a vaccination by May, if not you can change your flight for free anyway. Great idea.

Airlines, travel agents and hotels have probably been the hardest hit in the entire pandemic . A year of empty and cancelled flights . Best of luck to Ryanair :)

They shouldn't be promoting (tacitly at least) a need to be vaccinated to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭newmember2

"Is he really coming?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ligerdub wrote: »
    They shouldn't be promoting (tacitly at least) a need to be vaccinated to travel.

Why not. If they want to do it it is there business. Also been vaccinated to travel is mandatory already for many many years to certain countries

newmember? wrote: »
    "Is he really coming?"

YES.....YES... you annoying little fcuker...and if you don't stop fcuking asking and running like a girl I'll tell him not to come you little sh1t....said the mother...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Three ad is back where the role of the man in the family has been demoted to silent seat warmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Vax and go Ryanair aid is a greedy disgrace.

Post Office ad with that girl talking about spending money drives me bananas.

Advertisement