Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

German ads that are dubbed really badly with Irish voices. The one where your man makes a machine with boxing gloves to squirt cleaner into the toilet for eg.
    These are cheap looking ads, why doesn't the billionaire parent company just re-make it for Irish-UK market?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

That utter ****e hip hop Pepsi Max advert - kill me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭stopthevoting

New Homestore ad when your one tells the kid that “grandma’s moving in with us”

1. “Grandma” as if they’re living in the back arse of Ohio, so Americanised.

2. That’s hardly a celebration, “grandma” is moving in with us to be an absolute burden until the day she dies and we’ve moved you out of your bedroom kiddo into the box room to make a nanny flat for the old reprobate.
    Best present would have been a brochure for the home they should have put her in.

1. For me grandmas are more common than granny or gran. I never thought of it like the American/English/Irish thing for Mom/Mum/Mam.

2. Now now, you'll be old yourself someday

optogirl wrote: »
    My mam is Grandma....her Mam was Grandma and so on. She is Scottish though and that's pretty standard there.

Yeah, same here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Stupid chocolate digestive ad with the girl (c)rapper in the radio studio.
    So annoying, are we supposed to believe that these two adults have never had a chocolate digestive before in their lives?
    Have they no grannies, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

fluke wrote: »
    That RTE Player ad with the Garrihy one who thinks she's funny. It's mainly her that grates on me in the ad. She might have a nice personality and be connected (i.e. definite 'ins' at RTE) but she's not funny.
    She's basically the Millennial Twink .

Lumbered onto my generation like Adele King was forced upon people my parents' age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

"Grandad! I knew you'd come!" *big hug*
    Well done Connor you little $h!t, you just gave Grandad Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

She's basically the Millennial Twink .

Lumbered onto my generation like Adele King was forced upon people my parents' age.

Good analogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Stovepipe wrote: »
    The teeth ad where the English girl with LED-bright teeth shouts out "bum", then "hips" and then bites into an apple and tells us to buy teeth whitening toothpaste....

It used to be so much worse when they had her gurning at the camera saying that she didn't know Oral B made a toothpaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

1. For me grandmas are more common than granny or gran. I never thought of it like the American/English/Irish thing for Mom/Mum/Mam.

For us it was Granny and Grand-da.

Never Gran or Grand-ma

But I know others say Nanny, and my sisters kids a distinguish their mother's mother as Granny and their father's mother as Nanny.

That's why they should use a man in the role of the old person... and call him Grand Papa :)

Latest tooth guff ad “in this next ad look at the actress’s gums”.

Ewwwwwwww I will in me hole - gross!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Idris Elba, a fantastic actor but jesus whoever told him he can sing should be shot and the ad isn't much better

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

CONOR!, YES!, YES!, YES!, HE'S FECKIN' COMING, AND IF YOU ASK ME AGAIN HE WON'T BE COMING, TO BED WITH YE NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Acosta wrote: »
    He lost me at "Because these guy's are committed to your financial wellbeing.."

Its should be a more generic ad as the amount of people who nearly get fooled by the emails is huge. Especially the Revenue ines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

jk23 wrote: »
    Idris Elba, a fantastic actor but jesus whoever told him he can sing should be shot and the ad isn't much better

I'm normally not one to post links to youtube but this short bbc satire makes me laugh.

https://youtu.be/zNAc6V--z6g title: Idris Elba can do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the Heiniken covid themed advert is creepy

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

this is not us!

Elmo wrote: »
    this is not us!

Oh that annoys me greatly!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

CONOR!, YES!, YES!, YES!, HE'S FECKIN' COMING, AND IF YOU ASK ME AGAIN HE WON'T BE COMING, TO BED WITH YE NOW!

But isss he coming ? Is he really coming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

The fake sincere 'we really care about everyone, give us your money', Covid-themed Bank adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Elmo wrote: »
    this is not us!

That mournful shyte is back.

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    But isss he coming ? Is he really coming ?

Well I for 1 thing its nice and endearing and know kids like that when they are waiting on someone

jk23 wrote: »

I am guessing they paid him x amount for a few years of ads (like Shane Richie talked about on I am a celeb) and he may not be able to break it but yes it is a bad ad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

I am guessing they paid him x amount for a few years of ads (like Shane Richie talked about on I am a celeb) and he may not be able to break it but yes it is a bad ad

Surely there's a clause in the contract to say the ad must be of sufficient quality/standard in order for Mr. Elba to partake. This ad would most surely be in breach of that. Which means he did it willingly.

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Surely there's a clause in the contract to say the ad must be of sufficient quality/standard in order for Mr. Elba to partake. This ad would most surely be in breach of that. Which means he did it willingly.

Why would there be a clause to say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

It's not the first time a respected actor has been caught by a contract clause requiring them to do naff stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Elba willingly signed on to CATS, and Ghost Rider 2... we know he makes bad choices.

The SKY advert is just one of them.

Case in point, CATS. (He appears at the 4.35 mark). Wonder if he was like Taylor Swift, highly paid for 2 days of work (her dance double did all the work).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Why would there be a clause to say that

That was a Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Said it before and I'll say it again, what really pisses me off are those witless TVCs that use twee rhymes in place of ideas. Sadly, every Christmas the normal sluggish trickle of agency creatives' default "will this do?" drivel swell into a tsunami of ****e that then pours forth from our TV screens.

That was a Joke.

Oops any the ad I despise is the am I on the naughty list terrible ad

• Advertisement

Oops any the ad I despise is the am I on the naughty list terrible ad

I only realized that they are all supposed part of the one family. They are all so creepy.

Advertisement