Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

The Aldi rhyming Christmas ads. Just F off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

trashcan wrote: »

Any rhyming ads, lame imitations of the night before Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

trashcan wrote: »

Are they the ones that keep using that snippet of the Home Alone music in the background? I'm never going to be able to watch it again without a thousand yard stare, sick of hearing it at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That stupid ad with the skinhead , will you have a swim, completely tattoo a limb?
    :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Probably unfair of me, but it jars slightly with me, having the likes of Ryan Tubridy doing an appeal ad for SVDP.

For all I know, he could be extremely generous to the appeal, of course. And I presume it helps the profile of the charity to have a well known name associated with it. Maybe.

There was an ad before with someone like Miriam O'Callaghan, or possibly Marian Finucane (RIP) that I used to think the same about.

• Advertisement

"Everytime you flush your toilet spreads bacteria onto your soft furnishings".

Who the F*** has soft furnishings in their bathroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"Everytime you flush your toilet spreads bacteria onto your soft furnishings".

Who the F*** has soft furnishings in their bathroom?

Has the plague of scatter cushions spread to bathrooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Theopinionater

1. For me grandmas are more common than granny or gran. I never thought of it like the American/English/Irish thing for Mom/Mum/Mam.

2. Now now, you'll be old yourself someday

Yeah, same here

To me it’s like these bellends over here that constantly drop “mate” into conversations, it’s a real English thing (relax, I’ll put the balaclava back in the drawer for another day)

I will yes and I am getting there everyday but I would never burden myself onto family purely because they’re family. It’s like these people that have children and presume it’s a written contract that the grandparents get dumped with them anytime the couple wants to do something, no thought given that maybe they want to enjoy their retirement without some screaming brat(s).

Anyway, I’ll take it back to the ad’s, absolutely despise and hate whatever arsehole marketed the new Tesco ads with Britney Spears with the rubbish “I’m not that innocent” line thrown into all the endings, making it out that you’re so bold to be availing of special offers, complete ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

To me it’s like these bellends over here that constantly drop “mate” into conversations, it’s a real English thing (relax, I’ll put the balaclava back in the drawer for another day)

I will yes and I am getting there everyday but I would never burden myself onto family purely because they’re family. It’s like these people that have children and presume it’s a written contract that the grandparents get dumped with them anytime the couple wants to do something, no thought given that maybe they want to enjoy their retirement without some screaming brat(s).

Anyway, I’ll take it back to the ad’s, absolutely despise and hate whatever arsehole marketed the new Tesco ads with Britney Spears with the rubbish “I’m not that innocent” line thrown into all the endings, making it out that you’re so bold to be availing of special offers, complete ****e.

Let's face it if it was a real Irish company it would say "I amn't being bold" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Elmo wrote: »
    Let's face it if it was a real Irish company it would say "I amn't being bold" :)

Not related, totally OT-but you reminded me of an anecdote I found funny.

Someone I know did work abroad for a summer or two-teaching German (I think) students English.

She ended up teaching a load of students 'amn't I' or 'I amn't being...' etc.

Just the idea of a load of German students going to another English speaking country and being all like 'Amn't I after...' makes me laugh to this day.

I already know a Belgian girl who picked up the Kerry thing of answering our own questions, as in 'I think so, yeah'. Came over here to learn English, went back with a Kerry accent. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhLmh74BQ0w this Virgin media ad Are we supposed to know who the old guy is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhLmh74BQ0w this Virgin media ad Are we supposed to know who the old guy is?

This! I wondered that myself and just thought I've been out of touch with whatever demographic it's aimed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

FGR wrote: »
    This! I wondered that myself and just thought I've been out of touch with whatever demographic it's aimed at.

I think it's a great ad. The music is catchy and memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Probably unfair of me, but it jars slightly with me, having the likes of Ryan Tubridy doing an appeal ad for SVDP.

For all I know, he could be extremely generous to the appeal, of course. And I presume it helps the profile of the charity to have a well known name associated with it. Maybe.

There was an ad before with someone like Miriam O'Callaghan, or possibly Marian Finucane (RIP) that I used to think the same about.

At least it's a good cause. It's worse when a celeb does paid for promotion of some product. Lazy and desperate. Baz, Idris Elba, Brian Cox etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Any rhyming ads, lame imitations of the night before Xmas.

The rhyming ads have been a growing trend in recent years. Not only the Xmas ones but also all the other ones too (especially the bank adverts) and they're all starting to really get on my t!ts.

Is it Malteasers? The four women zooming and one of them is hiding from her family under the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

The Swappie ad with the heavily tattooed woman that autoplays on YouTube.

I don't even have to mention it because of how commonplace it is these days, but she speaks in a monotone American accent despite being Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The Lyons Tea and for their biodegradable teabags. The kids accent goes from Irish to Americanised Irish to full blown American

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The Lyons Tea and for their biodegradable teabags. The kids accent goes from Irish to Americanised Irish to full blown American

I want to call PETA for poor Lola the Elephant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

"Grandad! I knew you'd come!" *big hug*
    Well done Connor you little $h!t, you just gave John Gilligan Covid.

Fixed that for you

"Did you buy the goat a designer outfit?"

Usual unfunny crap from TK Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The chubby, beardy lad in the Lotto Millionaire scratch card ad - what other ad was he in recently? Was it another Lotto one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The chubby, beardy lad in the Lotto Millionaire scratch card ad - what other ad was he in recently? Was it another Lotto one?

I thought he was the lardy lad in bed in a lotto ad but with a beard ?

He’s as annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

A lot of Christmas ads using classics like "Forever Young" and David Gray's "this year's love".

Idris Elba's singing on the Sky ad is indeed awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Was it the lucozade ad on the exercise bike? Looks awful like him...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Did you buy the goat a designer outfit?"

Usual unfunny crap from TK Max.

Their stuff is only fit for a goat.

There's an ad online with a couple decked out in TK Max gear, they look like they've been though the 1990's bins. It hurts the eyes.

Baz bank ad. He had to shoehorn Mammy into it (even though she doesn't actually appear) because he knows she is more popular than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Baz bank ad. He had to shoehorn Mammy into it (even though she doesn't actually appear) because he knows she is more popular than him.

He'll be making her build the house with him in that DIY SOS thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The whole thing is very dubious imo. Baz on the radio telling someone that his laptop was hacked (yeah right) and it cost him a few quid. About 10 days later, the very lucrative adverts appear.

Nothing to do with Noel Kelly of course who just happens to be both Baz and his mammy's agent:rolleyes:

The whole thing is as ropey as ****

Advertisement