Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Plus a meet and greet, Robbie Williams is in town, doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Robbie couldn't possibly sell out croker at this point could he? Has to be the aviva.

If they do a Saturday night slot and put a big support act onto the bill, they might get 65,000 at Croker.

Suppose it's a case of MCD economics of where the break even point is in terms of sales and how many empty seats they can risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Plus a meet and greet, Robbie Williams is in town, doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Robbie couldn't possibly sell out croker at this point could he? Has to be the aviva.

It seems at this stage a scarecrow could sell out Croker .

I thought he might do an indoor tour but he has confirmed it will be a stadium tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If they do a Saturday night slot and put a big support act onto the bill, they might get 65,000 at Croker.

Suppose it's a case of MCD economics of where the break even point is in terms of sales and how many empty seats they can risk!

Possibly, but it'd have to be someone as support who could shift 20,000+ tickets. Is olly murs still a thing?

Although, if the ****ing script can sell out croker...

Possibly, but it'd have to be someone as support who could shift 20,000+ tickets. Is olly murs still a thing?

Olly Murs is playing the 3arena in April so he wont be added.

I think people are underestimating Robbies draw.
    Its coming up to Christmas ,people will be buying tickets as gifts.
    He will get huge publicity from the Late Late Show ,just like Buble did last week.
    Its so cynical the way these albums and tours are released/announced so close to Christmas .

As you said if the Script can sell out Croke Park then Robbie Williams will have no problem but as there are only 2 more spots left for Croke Park next year he will most likely play the Aviva.

I suspect Guns and Roses might play 2 nights in Croke Park.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Olly Murs is playing the 3arena in April so he wont be added.

I think people are underestimating Robbies draw.
    Its coming up to Christmas ,people will be buying tickets as gifts.
    He will get huge publicity from the Late Late Show ,just like Buble did last week.
    Its so cynical the way these albums and tours are released/announced so close to Christmas .

As you said if the Script can sell out Croke Park then Robbie Williams will have no problem but as there are only 2 more spots left for Croke Park next year he will most likely play the Aviva.

I suspect Guns and Roses might play 2 nights in Croke Park.

I'm not underestimating, haven't heard his new single, but one belter and he's right back up there, I think he's guaranteed to shift 35-40,000 tickets, so the aviva is probably a safer bet. He could 75% sell it easily, croker could be a bit more of a slog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Damn media getting us Guns n roses fans excited

Hopefully they announce there Irish date before Xmas if there is one

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Damn media getting us Guns n roses fans excited

The European tour is pretty much finalised.
    They have most of the venues booked,its all about building the hype now ,leak out details .

I think Michale Bubles tour goes on sale next week,Robbie Williams the week after so Guns and Roses will probably be the week after that .

It would be nice if they actually gave people some warning about the gigs instead of just announcing it a few days before the tickets go onsale.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:

Damn right they will, money money money!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its so cynical the way these albums and tours are released/announced so close to Christmas
    an oldie, but true
    christmas-is-coming-michael-buble-cave.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm not underestimating, haven't heard his new single, but one belter and he's right back up there, I think he's guaranteed to shift 35-40,000 tickets, so the aviva is probably a safer bet. He could 75% sell it easily, croker could be a bit more of a slog.
    Yeah he sold 35,000 in the Aviva 3 years ago - would expect similar again. Or possible 2/3 nights in the Three?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah he sold 35,000 in the Aviva 3 years ago - would expect similar again. Or possible 2/3 nights in the Three?

Yea would be a massive leap from the Aviva to Croke Park imo , Didnt the gig only sell out closer to the date last time ?

I know people say the Script sold out Croke Park but that also had a lot to do with them being from Ireland

MCD

HUGE NEWS!!

TODAY AT 2:30 - RIGHT HERE ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE

14633008_10154789408649548_6665121836183706647_n.jpg?oh=ee0eb1b6d117195bf8cf20bc56b8b263&oe=58A7F8DB

MCD

Robbie Williams

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Robbie Williams

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Could be Michael Buble. I liked his Facebook page before and he's been every where for the past week promoting his new album.

Could be Michael Buble. I liked his Facebook page before and he's been every where for the past week promoting his new album.

Robbies in town and is doing a press event at 2.30 and the late late tonight

The European tour is pretty much finalised.
    They have most of the venues booked,its all about building the hype now ,leak out details .

I think Michale Bubles tour goes on sale next week,Robbie Williams the week after so Guns and Roses will probably be the week after that .

It would be nice if they actually gave people some warning about the gigs instead of just announcing it a few days before the tickets go onsale.

Giving a weeks notice of tickets going on sale isn't very fair. Surprising gigs still sell out though. For some people it could be difficult to gather funds. I know I'll have to resist getting a concert ticket this winter.

Robbies in town and is doing a press event at 2.30 and the late late tonight

Thank God. I'm a Michael Buble fan and if he was to announce a tour including Ireland in the schedule with tickets going on sale this winter I'll be fairly ****ed.

It's Robbie Williams at the aviva
    Thank God. I'm a Michael Buble fan and if he was to announce a tour including Ireland in the schedule with tickets going on sale this winter I'll be fairly ****ed.

Oh, bubles coming, and I'll be shocked if it's not announced in the next week.

Radiohead just announced for Rock Werchter

Just seen 98fm's video saying "Waiting to Robbie" but it doesnt look like they are doing the press conference in Croke Park

• Advertisement

Just seen 98fm's video saying "Waiting to Robbie" but it doesnt look like they are doing the press conference in Croke Park

Intercontinental in ballsbridge apparently, ten minutes from the aviva.

Intercontinental in ballsbridge apparently, ten minutes from the aviva.

Ah yea just seen that they were in the Intercon

Giving a weeks notice of tickets going on sale isn't very fair. Surprising gigs still sell out though. For some people it could be difficult to gather funds. I know I'll have to resist getting a concert ticket this winter.

Its not even a weeks notice in most cases ,its only a few days .
    They usually announce the gigs on a Monday and presales could start the next day .

Is it done to try and panic people into buying ?

It doesn't make matters any better that they usually choose 9am on a Friday morning for the general sale either ,its a crap time for most people.

FM 104 are streaming it live right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I guess i was wrong with what i thought. Keeping 3 nights in the Aviva for a country singer.

If the rumour is correct about guns n roses, and garth brooks doing a tour of the country including Dublin. That leaves 1 night for Garth Brooks in Croke Park.

But when can he possibly play. August is out because they're always full up with matches in Croke Park.

Would they really go for 3 acts in Croke Park in July and stress out the residents that much. 3 times with the building of the stage and 44hours of no sleep, all in the one month. So it's going to be May or June. Wish they would tell us and hurry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

The Raptor wrote: »
    I guess i was wrong with what i thought. Keeping 3 nights in the Aviva for a country singer.

If the rumour is correct about guns n roses, and garth brooks doing a tour of the country including Dublin. That leaves 1 night for Garth Brooks in Croke Park.

But when can he possibly play. August is out because they're always full up with matches in Croke Park.

Would they really go for 3 acts in Croke Park in July and stress out the residents that much. 3 times with the building of the stage and 44hours of no sleep, all in the one month. So it's going to be May or June. Wish they would tell us and hurry up.

Hard to see Brooks settling for one night (80k) vs the 400k that was making the headlines for him last time. Getting more unlikely he will be back next year I think unless the Cork rumours from the Summer materialise - they say the stadium will be open for July but it could be tight. Looks like guns n roses for at least one night in Croke Park and Buble must be short odds for the other Aviva gigs. Then there is Slane to come.....

Fortyjocks wrote: »
    Hard to see Brooks settling for one night (80k) vs the 400k that was making the headlines for him last time. Getting more unlikely he will be back next year I think unless the Cork rumours from the Summer materialise - they say the stadium will be open for July but it could be tight. Looks like guns n roses for at least one night in Croke Park and Buble must be short odds for the other Aviva gigs. Then there is Slane to come.....

Can't see Brooks doing 1 Croke Park show. If he intends to tour Ireland in 2017 than he could surprise us all and do a lengthy run (5-7 nights) in the 3arena, SSE arena Belfast (2-3 nights) and The Marquee Cork (3-4 nights, although he might not fit his stage setup there). He could come here in 2018 and do 3 Croke Park dates

Hoping for GNR in Croker but u2 will be touring Stadiums next summer and they could fill the remaing Croke Park dates (the rumour of coldplay bring denied extra dates is BS, they simply could not accomadate it in there schedule).

Bon Jovi, KOL, Michael Buble, Green Day, Ed Sheeran, Radiohead could also play Ireland next year

Don't knw if there will be a slane in 2017 (brewy works are ongoing and Lord mountchatles health is not the best I've heard)

Can't see Brooks doing 1 Croke Park show. If he intends to tour Ireland in 2017 than he could surprise us all and do a lengthy run (5-7 nights) in the 3arena, SSE arena Belfast (2-3 nights) and The Marquee Cork (3-4 nights, although he might not fit his stage setup there). He could come here in 2018 and do 3 Croke Park dates

The Marquee ,lol ,there isnt a hope in hell he'd play there and likewise he wont be playing Pairc ui Chaoimh as it wont be finished until late 2017 at the earliest ,its miles behind schedule.
    Hoping for GNR in Croker but u2 will be touring Stadiums next summer and they could fill the remaing Croke Park dates (the rumour of coldplay bring denied extra dates is BS, they simply could not accomadate it in there schedule).

Of course they could fit it in their schedule ,they have 3 days free before the Croke park gig and 2 free after it .
    They could have played 3 gigs there if they wanted .

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Niall Horan to support Robbie then get all the 1D fans

• Advertisement

Of course they could fit it in their schedule ,they have 3 days free before the Croke park gig and 2 free after it .
    They could have played 3 gigs there if they wanted .

Could there be a logistics issue with the stage? Not saying they can't play more, but if it's a custom stage that has to be transported, set up, broken down etc.

(I haven't seen their tour dates, so feel free to correct me)

Advertisement