Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

PTH2009 wrote: »

This is from Brooks Yankee Stadium show during the summer. I imagine this was what the Croke Park layout would of been

This is being showed online at http://music.directv.com/garthbrooks/ on Thursday 10/11 at 8pm Eastern time. So 1am here. Should be good to watch.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Blink 182 just announced a UK Arena tour for june , No dublin date as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

Blink 182 just announced a UK Arena tour for june , No dublin date as of yet

Their last gig of the UK tour is London on Wednesday July 19th. Longitude more than likely will start Friday the 21st. Possible headliners maybe?

lc180 wrote: »
    Their last gig of the UK tour is London on Wednesday July 19th. Longitude more than likely will start Friday the 21st. Possible headliners maybe?

Not a bad shout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd say there's close to zero chance that they're headlining Longitude.

• Advertisement

i'd say there's close to zero chance that they're headlining Longitude.

In their current setup they're definitely not big enough to headline a 30,000+ capacity festival in Ireland but the dates kinda line up so that's my thinking around it. A 3Arena gig would seriously struggle to sell I reckon.

Sea Sessions have an announcement tomorrow, which Blink 182 will kinda suit but not a hope in hell could they afford them.

Arcade Fire just announced for Isle of Wight as a UK festival exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 21,270 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Foos in Portugal announced, wouldn't mind a return here!

Mushy wrote: »
    Foos in Portugal announced, wouldn't mind a return here!

Id expect a whole european tour to be announced over in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

In their current setup they're definitely not big enough to headline a 30,000+ capacity festival in Ireland but the dates kinda line up so that's my thinking around it. A 3Arena gig would seriously struggle to sell I reckon.

Sea Sessions have an announcement tomorrow, which Blink 182 will kinda suit but not a hope in hell could they afford them.

Pretty sure longitude has a capacity of 10,000

• Advertisement

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Think it has grown the last year or 2 especially looking at the pics. Looks about 20,000

14883469_1193733157367987_9174507318394843091_o.jpg

davywalsh7 wrote: »

Ghostdancer posted this link before. the 2016 licence was for a maximum of 30,000 each day.
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/licence_-_31_may_2016.pdf

Pretty sure it wasn't sold out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Ghostdancer posted this link before. the 2016 licence was for a maximum of 30,000 each day.
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/licence_-_31_may_2016.pdf

Pretty sure it wasn't sold out though.
    Ah right could b wrong. Was just always under the impression the one off gigs were bout 20/30k and longitude was capped at 10k. Haven't been since the first one tho.

Looks like there is gonna be gigs in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham again this summer. The Coronas were announced this morning for July 1st. I wonder who else we could expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

LCD Soundsystem? They said they were coming back to Ireland in 2017 at Electric Picnic. Not sure how many Kilmainham holds but I would guess somewhere like there or the 3 Arena would be the best venue for them.

LCD Soundsystem? They said they were coming back to Ireland in 2017 at Electric Picnic. Not sure how many Kilmainham holds but I would guess somewhere like there or the 3 Arena would be the best venue for them.

I was thinking LCD as well. I think the gigs there typically hold 15,000 but they'very rarely been sold out. Would be a good outdoor venue for them as I doubt they would attract enough for a Marlay Park gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Looks like there is gonna be gigs in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham again this summer. The Coronas were announced this morning for July 1st. I wonder who else we could expect?

There's a few bands who have announced tours around these parts for late June/early July or are expected to tour next summer;

Jeff Lynnes ELO - playing Wembley 24th June

Biffy Clyro - headlining Download in June

Pixies - tour possible next summer

Arcade Fire - headlining Isle of Wight in June

Depeche Mode - playing London next summer

Phil Collins - playing BST in London in June

Elton John - playing at the Marquee so strong chance of Dublin date

Cliff Richard - playing at the Marquee so strong chance of a Dublin date

Blink182 - playing arena shows in the UK in July

Nathan Carter - playing at the Marquee so chance of a Dublin date although less likely given his 3Arena gig in April 2017

The Who - on tour in 2017

Elvis Costello - on tour in 2017

Aerosmith - headling Download in June - maybe more suited to Marlay Park capacity

Tom Odell - played a sold out Olympia gig last week - would need a very strong support to sell RHK although the seem to be able to adjust capacity easily enough

Diana Ross - rumoured to be getting the legends slot at Glastonbury next June. Again a decent support line up would be needed

I can see the likes of Kings of Leon & Foo Fighters being given Marlay Park slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ great bit of educated guesswork there :)

If LCD are coming, please let it not be to Marlay..
    They're one of the only bands who would make me break my vow never to go back there..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,157 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Missed the Foo Fighters at Slane last time so would love to see them. I'd love a stadium or Arena show

Gnr and foos in the summer would be unreal

I wonder is there going to be a slane show next year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Missed the Foo Fighters at Slane last time so would love to see them. I'd love a stadium or Arena show

Gnr and foos in the summer would be unreal

I wonder is there going to be a slane show next year ?

I can see MCD making full use of the available Croke Park and Aviva slots next summer.

Seems to be very little talk of a possible Slane date and given the work being carried out with the distillery at the castle (although this was due to be complete around now) and rumours about Henry's health, it may be given a miss in 2017.

Basically, there are 2 dates available at Croke Park, probably 2 Aviva dates along with 2/3 Marlay Park slots plus some RHK gigs.

Michael Buble's sad news last week and the fact he won't be touring anytime soon has possibly lead to the Aviva dates being put back into the pot.

• Advertisement

I can see MCD making full use of the available Croke Park and Aviva slots next summer.

Seems to be very little talk of a possible Slane date and given the work being carried out with the distillery at the castle (although this was due to be complete around now) and rumours about Henry's health, it may be given a miss in 2017.

Basically, there are 2 dates available at Croke Park, probably 2 Aviva dates along with 2/3 Marlay Park slots plus some RHK gigs.

Michael Buble's sad news last week and the fact he won't be touring anytime soon has possibly lead to the Aviva dates being put back into the pot.

Croke Park- Guns N Roses (possible 2 shows)
    Aviva- Foo Fighters/Pixies Co headline and a KOL/Arcade Fire Co headline

Cant see KOL and AF co headlining they would only do their own shows unless AF return to do EP.

Foo's plus Pixies as guests is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Pixies would not be co - headlining with the Foos, supporting yes but not co-headlining. Iveagh Gardens is their level in terms of crowds. I say that as a fan.

KOL can do any venue on their own, no need for AF. The converse might even be true, although maybe not anymore

Arcade Fire just announce for a festival in Croatia "INMusic " from 19-21 June 2017

Arcade Fire just announce for a festival in Croatia "INMusic " from 19-21 June 2017

Just checked and tickets for this 3 day festival are €42. And an extra €28 if you wanna camp. We live in the wrong country.

Linkin Park just announced for Rock Werchter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just checked and tickets for this 3 day festival are €42. And an extra €28 if you wanna camp. We live in the wrong country.

Yip.
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers are headlining Benacissim in Spain ,a 4 day festival,and there will be alot of other big bands playing there too.
    Its 112 euro without camping or 120 with camping.

There is something seriously wrong in this country ,Electric Picnic is crazy money and the lineup is garbage in comparison

https://www.foofighterspassport.com/

Does it mean a start of a new world tour ??

edit- They seem to be doing a Festival euro tour and have so far announced as headliners of

Mad Cool Festival in Spain- 6th July
    NOS Alive Festival in Portugal- 7th July
    Open'er Festival in Poland- 28 June-1 July

so for us that could mean a headline slot at body and soul, Longitude or Electric Picnic (but i think it may be too late in the summer if there touring early july). An Aviva Stadium or Croke Park show would good down well for me anyway

https://www.foofighterspassport.com/

Does it mean a start of a new world tour ??

edit- They seem to be doing a Festival euro tour and have so far announced as headliners of

Mad Cool Festival in Spain- 6th July
    NOS Alive Festival in Portugal- 7th July
    Open'er Festival in Poland- 28 June-1 July

so for us that could mean a headline slot at body and soul, Longitude or Electric Picnic (but i think it may be too late in the summer if there touring early july). An Aviva Stadium or Croke Park show would good down well for me anyway

Way too big for both of them

• Advertisement

Way too big for both of them

Suppose

A solo show here would be good and we're on there map

Maiden in the 3arena, GNR in Croker and foos in the Aviva/3arena would be the summer of dreams

Advertisement