Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

argentum wrote: »
    Bruce 3 nights solo 3Arena
    Garth Brooks...Dublin Belfast Kilkenny Cork

YES

You knew about the Garth gigs a year in advance the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Delighted gnr maybe in Croke Park as I didn't fancy standing in a field like Slane or punchestown but nothing confirmed yet

Don't think Garth will do a grand tour of Ireland in 2017 but it's ideal though as all the venues will sell out and the areas economy gets a boost. He might come to Ireland in 2018 though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

The Raptor wrote: »
    Could it be Garth Brooks?

I know the aviva is MCD events but if the space is there to be used. Especially if Guns n Roses play Croke Park, I can CP being off the cards for Garth Brooks.

I definitely heard about a European tour next year for him but Ireland is his biggest market in Europe, so I can't imagine being left out.

I was told it was a 3 night run.. (The max in a year in the Aviva).

We usually get a name but not this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

prinzeugen wrote: »

I'd bet the house on buble.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I'd bet the house on buble.

unless he does a Croke Park date (1x Coldpaly, 1x Guns N Roses and 1x Michael Buble = 3 CP concerts)

But I think he will and sell out 3 Aviva dates

Can't see Brooks wanting to be downgraded to a small stadium

PTH2009 wrote: »
    unless he does a Croke Park date (1x Coldpaly, 1x Guns N Roses and 1x Michael Buble = 3 CP concerts)

I don't think buble would work in croker, he needs the acoustics of a bowl stadium for his act and his voice would get lost in croke park.

I don't know, 3 nights in the aviva, Kilkenny, Belfast, Cork, would that make up the figures of the last time tickets were sold for Brooks.

I don't think 1 night would cut it in CP for Brooks.

prinzeugen wrote: »

I think this alone is a big clue. I know Garth Brooks likes to keep things quiet and everything be kept secret. I heard that his management likes to give another name when making bookings.

I think this alone is a big clue. I know Garth Brooks likes to keep things quiet and everything be kept secret. I heard that his management likes to give another name when making bookings.

Nah, it's buble, new album, late late show appearance, tour being announced next week, hosting the brits, mcd artist, played the aviva before, relevant.

None of those apply to Garth.

IF it's happening of course.

• Advertisement

Nah, it's buble, new album, late late show appearance, tour being announced next week, hosting the brits, mcd artist, played the aviva before, relevant.

None of those apply to Garth.

IF it's happening of course.

Who's trying to do the biggest tour of all time? Garth Brooks, that's who.

1 night in Croker = 80,000
    3 nights in Aviva = 150,000

One night won't cut it for Garth Brooks. Of course they can apply for more licences for CP and have two or three nights on top of Coldplay and Guns N Roses. Coldplay are playing in July, Guns N Roses are rumoured for July as well, so you're looking at a May or June concert for Mr Brooks. Considering that the council has to have their decision made a month in advance of the concert happening with the new licencing laws, the promoters would want to get their licence application in sharpish. You're looking at six months for all the work that has to go into the licence application. And there's no sign of tickets being sold yet.

If I had to put money on it, I reckon its Mr Brooks for the Aviva next year.

Who's trying to do the biggest tour of all time? Garth Brooks, that's who.
    Biggest tour of all time? He doesn't even crack the top ten highest grossing tours of 2016, hasn't had a hit in 15 years and his "world tour" consisted of two countries because outside of the USA and Ireland, he was a complete flop. By what measure is it the biggest tour of all time?

Biggest tour of all time? He doesn't even crack the top ten highest grossing tours of 2016, hasn't had a hit in 15 years and his "world tour" consisted of two countries because outside of the USA and Ireland, he was a complete flop. By what measure is it the biggest tour of all time?

What are we talking about how rubbish he is for not having a hit in 15 years? Are you trying to say he's crap? Or about his tour?

It's the biggest attendance tour having sold over 5 million tickets so far, and he hasn't even toured outside of America yet. Plays two times per night in the States.

Is the only artist in the world that has a 7 diamond award, the beatles has six.

Don't let that get in your way of saying how crap he is.

Edit: just giving what i think who might play where. There wasn't any need to go into how you think he's too rubbish to play anywhere.

It's OK to admit that you like country music. It's nothing to be embarrassed about now. How many nights did you have tickets for the last time? You don't have to pretend anymore.

I don't know, 3 nights in the aviva, Kilkenny, Belfast, Cork, would that make up the figures of the last time tickets were sold for Brooks.

I don't think 1 night would cut it in CP for Brooks.

No way this is happening, if it is fair play. Buble it will be in the Aviva (3 nights June or July 2017)

What are we talking about how rubbish he is for not having a hit in 15 years? Are you trying to say he's crap? Or about his tour?

I'll ignore the rest of your weirdly defensive post and tackle this, there is not an artist alive today who can tour for the sake of touring, there has to be a hook, and people are fickle, so an artist who's last hit single was 1998? Who's released one flop album since 2000 and who was never popular outside of the USA and Ireland, is gonna have the biggest tour of all time? I strongly doubt it.

Who knows, maybe he'll release an incredible album and be able to sell out arenas all over the world, but let's be honest, probably not.

So no, I don't think Garth Brooks will play 3 nights in the aviva as part of a European tour because a European tour would involve Europe. Might he play a one off gig in Ireland and come back on his next tour? Maybe.

Would he sell 3 nights? More than likely.

However to reiterate what I said earlier, buble is putting in the shift that comes with announcing a big tour, got a new album coming out after his last hit one, has ties with the only promoter to run concerts in the aviva and history there, I'd bet 100 copies of Garths last album it'll be him if someone is pencilled in for 3 nights. (Or maybe Garth had his managers give Michael buble as a false name)

No way this is happening, if it is fair play. Buble it will be in the Aviva (3 nights June or July 2017)

There's a first for everything.

Michael Buble is well able to sell the Aviva, didn't he play two nights before? And four or five nights in the O2 the last time he was here.

But, where can Garth Brooks play in Dublin if he's playing Dublin, Kilkenny, Cork and Belfast.

Isn't the RDS under construction? Which leaves Croke Park. I don't see him doing one night there. Two or three nights anyway and a tour of Ireland. He's huge here. If the rumour is true about Guns N Roses, it leaves him with one night. Anything over that and they have to apply for licences in such a short space of time. So I'm not seeing Croke Park either.

I'll ignore the rest of your weirdly defensive post and tackle this, there is not an artist alive today who can tour for the sake of touring, there has to be a hook, and people are fickle, so an artist who's last hit single was 1998? Who's released one flop album since 2000 and who was never popular outside of the USA and Ireland, is gonna have the biggest tour of all time? I strongly doubt it.

Who knows, maybe he'll release an incredible album and be able to sell out arenas all over the world, but let's be honest, probably not.

So no, I don't think Garth Brooks will play 3 nights in the aviva as part of a European tour because a European tour would involve Europe. Might he play a one off gig in Ireland and come back on his next tour? Maybe.

However to reiterate what I said earlier, buble is putting in the shift that comes with announcing a big tour, got a new album coming out after his last hit one, has ties with the only promoter to run concerts in the aviva and history there, I'd bet 100 copies of Garths last album it'll be him if someone is pencilled in for 3 nights. (Or maybe Garth had his managers give Michael buble as a false name)

Exactly, last hit in 1998? And he's still able to sell out. He sold millions of tickets, there has to be something in him even if you can't see it.

There will be a tour of the rest of the world, give him time instead of calling him a flop.

Why ignore his achievements? Or does that not tie into your beliefs on him?

Exactly, last hit in 1998? And he's still able to sell out. He sold millions of tickets, there has to be something in him even if you can't see it.

There will be a tour of the rest of the world, give him time instead of calling him a flop.

Why ignore his achievements? Or does that not tie into your beliefs on him?

Yes, he's able to sell out in the country where he's popular, which I've mentioned in every post in this thread.

What do you define as rest of the world? At the height of his fame he couldn't sell out 10,000 cap arenas in the U.K., 20 years later he wouldn't sell out a shed in Sheffield, never mind Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand......

His achievements(which I've acknowledged, but I've also mentioned his failures) don't change the fact that logic tells me buble is a lock for a big irish gig, and not a word for word copy of an incorrect guess made nearly 4 years ago.

Where did you acknowledge his achievements in your reply?

• Advertisement

Where did you acknowledge his achievements in your reply?

The bits where I mention his popularity in the usa and ireland, and where I acknowledge that he would more than likely shift 150,000 tickets in this country. Would a heart emoji make it clearer? Maybe brackets after his name where I list album sales?

Why don't you give one logical reason why he's playing here, like I did with buble, or others have with g'n'r, greenday, metallica etc.

Yes, he's able to sell out in the country where he's popular, which I've mentioned in every post in this thread.

What do you define as rest of the world? At the height of his fame he couldn't sell out 10,000 cap arenas in the U.K., 20 years later he wouldn't sell out a shed in Sheffield, never mind Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand......

Country music wasn't very big 20 years ago, it's all changing. You only have to look at the country to country festival in the UK. 3 nights of country music with various country music artists every year in the O2 in London. And its only getting bigger.

I believe he done a tour of Europe in 1994, the only reason he didn't do Europe from 1996-1998 was because he was cheating and his wife threatened that he wouldn't see his kids again if he went on tour abroad.

Country music is also very big in Australia and New Zealand and he has spoken about bringing his tour down there. But it's OK because you think he's such a flop and can't do it.

Why don't you give one logical reason why he's playing here, like I did with buble, or others have with g'n'r, greenday, metallica etc.

I already did, I gave my thoughts. I just don't see him playing one night in CP. For various reasons. He's too big for one night, the timing of license applications to have anything more than one night. Not to mention the user who said he's playing all over knew about the 2014 concerts a year in advance, so it looks like its happening. Have you any thoughts of where in Dublin he can play?

Country music wasn't very big 20 years ago, it's all changing. You only have to look at the country to country festival in the UK. 3 nights of country music with various country music artists every year in the O2 in London. And its only getting bigger.

I believe he done a tour of Europe in 1994, the only reason he didn't do Europe from 1996-1998 was because he was cheating and his wife threatened that he wouldn't see his kids again if he went on tour abroad.

Country music is also very big in Australia and New Zealand and he has spoken about bringing his tour down there. But it's OK because you think he's such a flop and can't do it.

Country music is as big in the uk as it is here, c2c sells out, but none of the acts can sell out on their own, much less do a full tour of anything bigger than o2 academies. And country music acts aren't touching Australia, even though they can charge a much higher ticket rate, so theirs obviously a reason.

Not to mention the user who said he's playing all over knew about the 2014 concerts a year in advance, so it looks like its happening
    Not really though, he said back then Garth was doing a tour of Ireland, and even when aiken announced a press conference in croker, he said the gigs would be in smaller venues, not the most reliable source.

Country music is as big in the uk as it is here, c2c sells out, but none of the acts can sell out on their own, much less do a full tour of anything bigger than o2 academies. And country music acts aren't touching Australia, even though they can charge a much higher ticket rate, so theirs obviously a reason.

There must be a reason Nathan Carter is planning a tour of Australia.

Not really though, he said back then Garth was doing a tour of Ireland, and even when aiken announced a press conference in croker, he said the gigs would be in smaller venues, not the most reliable source.

Well he knew something was up a year in advance. He has more inside information than any of us.

argentum wrote: »
    Bruce 3 nights solo 3Arena
    Garth Brooks...Dublin Belfast Kilkenny Cork

Would you like to give us more clues?

There must be a reason Nathan Carter is planning a tour of Australia.

Irish ex-pats? The same people who allow aslan and the wolfe tones to play there. Means nothing about country music, If it was big, luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, blake Shelton etc would be playing there.

• Advertisement

This is from Brooks Yankee Stadium show during the summer. I imagine this was what the Croke Park layout would of been

Advertisement