Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Irish Gigs (rumours & confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The Raptor wrote: »
    This thread really isn't about licences my original point was that more than 3 can happen.

Not according to peter aiken. Sure hasn't he been complaining the last 2 years that he could put on more gigs if it wasn't for those meddling residents (usually accompanied by a sensationalist headline and one person saying they might complain if they tried 5 in a row again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Not according to peter aiken. Sure hasn't he been complaining the last 2 years that he could put on more gigs if it wasn't for those meddling residents (usually accompanied by a sensationalist headline and one person saying they might complain if they tried 5 in a row again)

It was mentioned once last year when Ed Sheeran tickets went on sale that they can sell more.

The residents bitter dispute has come to an end. It was in the news a few weeks ago.

My original point was that more than 3 can happen. It has been done before and it will happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

I'm sure they could put on 4 concerts next year in Croke Park if they wanted, they did in 2009. The problem was Garth was doing 5 in a row and that was on top of 3 by One Direction in the same year. Garth got permission to play 3 so that would've been 6 in 2014 at Croke Park.

I'm sure they could put on 4 concerts next year in Croke Park if they wanted, they did in 2009. The problem was Garth was doing 5 in a row and that was on top of 3 by One Direction in the same year. Garth got permission to play 3 so that would've been 6 in 2014 at Croke Park.

This makes no sense to the thread. What is your point? 4 concerts in 2009, 6 in 2014. Are you trying to make out that there was a problem with 5 extra concerts? The only people who had a problem was the residents. The residents who used concerts as an excuse to beat the Croke Park management with. Their bitter dispute has ended now.

Edit: my original reply was to scruffy monkey's post who said that 3 concerts were allowed. I just said that more can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

This makes no sense to the thread. What is your point? 4 concerts in 2009, 6 in 2014. Are you trying to make out that there was a problem with 5 extra concerts? The only people who had a problem was the residents. The residents who used concerts as an excuse to beat the Croke Park management with. Their bitter dispute has ended now.

Edit: my original reply was to scruffy monkey's post who said that 3 concerts were allowed. I just said that more can happen.

I was only showing that 4 concerts were played there before in 2009 and 6 were allowed in 2014.

No I was saying the residents had a problem because there was 8 concerts that year with 5 in a row. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

except it wasn't only the residents who had a problem.

the Planning Dept at Dublin City Council obviously had a problem, as they only granted a licence for 3 of the proposed 5 GB concerts.

DCC can refuse licence applications for any gigs (including the single Coldplay one announced which so far doesn't have a licence), and there could be no gigs at Croke Park if they so choose.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

KOL announced a UK Tour for Feb , no Irish date but Music Scene Ireland are saying there will be a 3Arena show.

Sun February 19 2017 - LEEDS First Direct Arena
    Mon February 20 2017 - BIRMINGHAM Genting Arena
    Fri February 24 2017 - NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE Metro Radio Arena
    Sat February 25 2017 - LIVERPOOL Echo Arena
    Mon February 27 2017 - GLASGOW SSE Hydro

Also Nova Rock announced more acts

14681661_10154155329969005_8241626155182216432_n.png?oh=21f8a59600c7c28622fb1824038fb30f&oe=5863B180&__gda__=1486585969_966809986dada89a63b2188d08614a72

Also Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park

14556554_10154695602614880_6628745909678868981_o.jpg

Phil Collins is heavily rumoured to be going back on tour next summer (rumours saying Isle of Wight and British Time Summer in Hyde Park)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

LCD Soundsystem said at EP that they would be back in Ireland in 2017 and have a new album coming out.

Any rumors about Radiohead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Sheog wrote: »
    LCD Soundsystem said at EP that they would be back in Ireland in 2017 and have a new album coming out.

Any rumors about Radiohead?

Radiohead seem nailed on for the Saturday at Glastonbury (if all the rumours and e-festivals sources are to be believed).

I could see them playing at Kilmainham sometime around the end of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It was not all you "just" said. Seemed to me to be a really snide initial comment, and then incorrect info along with it, so am not surprised it caused people to respond.
    I really don't know how people don't know this yet. This is old news. Three concerts a year are allowed without a licence. If they want to go over that they can apply for a licence.

In 2014 there were 3 gigs and another "non gaa" "non sporting" event, some monster car show thing. And GB could have got more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw that Michael Buble is doing from Late Late show thing in a few weeks. So I imagine he will tour next summer and maybe do a Croke Park or Aviva show

Yes,Michael Buble and Robbie Williams will be announcing upcoming UK tours in the next few weeks but they will almost certainly play in Ireland too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&n...3491_156019571
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&n...3491_156019571

There will be lots of gigs announced between now and Christmas as artists try to cash in on the Christmas market.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,171 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/1017/824678-from-genesis-to-revelations-phil-collins-is-back/

Doubt he will play Ireland in 2017

It's a shame he won't be playing the drums anymore due to hand issues (his 15 year old son will play them on the tour)

http://concerticket.net/en/recherche?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=guns+n+roses&submit_search

Guns N Roses Croke Park July 2017

If true it may be late July (same weekend as the Hurling QFs/week before the football QFs)

http://concerticket.net/en/recherche?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=guns+n+roses&submit_search

If true it may be late July (same weekend as the Hurling QFs/week before the football QFs)

Would they do 1 or 2 nights? Plus id say the price will be just as pricey as Coldplay(if not more)

Would they do 1 or 2 nights? Plus id say the price will be just as pricey as Coldplay(if not more)

1 night I'd say with the 3rd Croke Park show going to Michael Buble or someone like that

I would pay Coldplay prices for gnr as it's something I always wanted to see (slash, Duff and Axl sharing the stage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

1 night I'd say with the 3rd Croke Park show going to Michael Buble or someone like that

I would pay Coldplay prices for gnr as it's something I always wanted to see (slash, Duff and Axl sharing the stage)

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hurling QF's are Thurlas

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Hurling QF's are Thurlas

yeah i knw Croke park is not used for matches that weekend and some times concerts take place there at that time

2015- Ed Sheeran CP 24th/25th July- Hurling QFs 26th July Thurles
    2014- The cancelled Garth Brooks were due to played the same weekend as the Hurling QFs
    2009- U2 CP 24/25/27 July- Hurling 26th Thurles

so imagine GNR or another act might play Croke Park the weekend of 21/22/23 July or 28/29/30 July, of course coldplay will play there the 8th July

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Concerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

So Ariana Grande announced a show in Dublin on 20 May as part of her Europe tour.

How much do you reckon tickets will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

So Ariana Grande announced a show in Dublin on 20 May as part of her Europe tour.

How much do you reckon tickets will be?

From 60.50 according to MCD.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=4894748&ar=arianagrande

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Was told there will be a concert in the Aviva next year. No more info yet, but was told it is someone "big".

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Was told there will be a concert in the Aviva next year. No more info yet, but was told it is someone "big".

Robbie Williams or Michael Buble id say but could be Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones, Radiohead or Green Day

prinzeugen wrote: »

Could it be Garth Brooks?

I know the aviva is MCD events but if the space is there to be used. Especially if Guns n Roses play Croke Park, I can CP being off the cards for Garth Brooks.

I definitely heard about a European tour next year for him but Ireland is his biggest market in Europe, so I can't imagine being left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭argentum

Bruce 3 nights solo 3Arena
    Garth Brooks...Dublin Belfast Kilkenny Cork

argentum wrote: »
    Bruce 3 nights solo 3Arena

This could be amazing or terrible depending on who gets tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

This could be amazing or terrible depending on who gets tickets.
    it'll be terrible for the whinging afterwards for the many who will buy tickets expecting an E Street Band show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

it'll be terrible for the whinging afterwards for the many who will buy tickets expecting an E Street Band show.

No, that will be very funny.

Ah Joe,Ah Joe,AAAh JOE!!, it was derrible, derrible, he sat with a stool Joe for 4 hours and entertained us, how dare he!

Afterwards I could handle, it'd be the drunk twats complaining during that would get me locked up.

• Advertisement

Afterwards I could handle, it'd be the drunk twats complaining during that would get me locked up.

Hope it's marketed as a solo show and not an ESB show.

Will be amazing though if true and tickets will be hard to get. 3/4 nights is a must. Expecting it to be Autumn 2017

Advertisement