Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking during New Day's bit that when Kofi questioned Big E's accent, Woods or E should've said "You're one to talk about accents, Mr. Jamaica!"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was thinking during New Day's bit that when Kofi questioned Big E's accent, Woods or E should've said "You're one to talk about accents, Mr. Jamaica!"

As good an excuse to post this I guess..

That time of the bastard week again..

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Quick hit preview

Will Goldberg and Brock Lesnar clash before Survivor Series?

Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan come to Raw

Can Team Red form a united front against SmackDown LIVE?

Is Sami Zayn about to bring the Intercontinental Title to Team Red?

Can The Brian Kendrick keep the Cruiserweight division under the Raw banner?

SKY SPORTS 5 @ 01:00

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M76Foh-WqRc&t=47s

the dark segment from last weeks Glasgow Raw. Very entertaining, KO/y2j and Enzo/Big Cass are comedy gold together

expecting too see a huge brawl between Brock and Goldberg where the whole locker room has to come out and break them up

I wonder will Shane and Bryan bring a few members of team SD with them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

PTH2009 wrote: »

I wonder will Shane and Bryan bring a few members of team SD with them

SD had a houseshow in Bilbao last night so they probably only arriving back in the states today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE have announced a "State of the WWE Universe" address for after Raw,min the Network. Seems to be some segment with the two GMs and he two Comissioners in ring. People speculating that they will add some stip to the PPV to up the stakes a bit.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE have announced a "State of the WWE Universe" address for after Raw,min the Network. Seems to be some segment with the two GMs and he two Comissioners in ring. People speculating that they will add some stip to the PPV to up the stakes a bit.

Love to see something like whatever brand wins at SS a match featuring stars from that roster will be the main event for mania or the winning brand gets 20 royal rumble entrants ??

And they couldn't fit it into a 3 hour Raw that will likely be as drawn out as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Winning brand gets to pick any star other than the champions from the other show. Something like that so Raw can gut someone to help pad the 3 hours (Cena's away so all eyes on Miz due to his minutes filling skills).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ah where would Raw be without Chris Jericho, he was hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wonder if Jericho writes his own stuff? There is such a gap in quality with his comedic stuff compared to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wonder if Jericho writes his own stuff? There is such a gap in quality with his comedic stuff compared to everyone else.

Seen him say he wasnt the one to come up with the list it was jimmy jacobs whos a writer now but i say he writes a lot of what hes doing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They missed a chance to have security flank Goldberg during his big walk from the back considering they were bringing out a load of security anyway.

Pretty sure I could hear Sin Cara calling moves in his match.

Jericho is great

So many tag matches

Survivor Series has tag matches of course but... what exactly is at stake? Did they add something on that WWE network exclusive thing? or are we the viewers supposed to really care if Raw or SD wins... personally found it funny how the Raw crowd agreed that SD is the better show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Steph Mcmahon has killed raw for me. It should not be called x pac heat anymore it should be name after her

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ricero wrote: »
    Steph Mcmahon has killed raw for me. It should not be called x pac heat anymore it should be name after her

She buries people every week and never gets her comeuppance. It's infuriating.

As for this Raw, I thought the Goldberg/Lesnar segment was excellent. Goldberg has done a great job talking since he returned and Heyman was back on form here too. Destroying the security guys made Goldberg look on Brock's level and it was a nice touch with Brock backing away. It will be a real shame if this all ends with Goldberg getting crapped on by the Toronto fans. I expect Lesnar to win but I hope the fans give the match a chance.

I wasn't crazy about the rest of Raw. I am just worn out with looking at teams that are fighting one another and tbh there's no reason for them not to fight one another because at the end of the day, even if they lose to Smackdown, who cares? Nothing is on the line.

I also thought it was whacky that you have Seth Rollins and Jericho lined up on the same side in the last segment when earlier in the show Rollins had hit a pedigree on Jericho. That was ridiculous.

This Survivor Series build feels like it's been a mess with the exception of Lesnar vs Goldberg which does interest me. That's one of the few matches where it feels like the result matters.

Well Steph did get her comeuppance of sorts after being speared by Roman at Wrestlemania, but yeah someone in the women's division needs to step up and smack the taste right out of her mouth..

Mick Foley as RAW GM has worn off for me..

2nd what BH said a page back, Jericho, the guy is at the top of his game..

Goldberg being made to look strong, yeah Lesnar's winning at Survivor Series :pac:

The 5 on 5 RAW vs. Smackdown men's match, where's the hook? Why should we care, nothing on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just watching Jericho again, Roman loved the segment as much as i did, i can see him shake with laughter when Jericho sees ellsworth in the corner, lol

rossie1977 wrote: »
    SD had a houseshow in Bilbao last night so they probably only arriving back in the states today

Guess we got our answer lol

Enjoyed raw, Goldberg is still In good shape, Lesner looks a bit heavy but is still a monster, think Goldberg will win Sunday. Pity he's only doing one more match

The main event with the 2 teams meeting was entering (y2j comedy gold), loved how Shane went straight for strowman

Can't see the intercon title going to raw but with Raw most likely losing the cruiserweights anything can happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Goldberg looks in top shape....
    Brock actually doesn't look great imo ...hey man can sell anything...and Goldberg reactions were perfect.....

You know what...I actually think they have had the wrong guy all these years.....should have been goldberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Guess we got our answer lol

Enjoyed raw, Goldberg is still In good shape, Lesner looks a bit heavy but is still a monster, think Goldberg will win Sunday. Pity he's only doing one more match

The main event with the 2 teams meeting was entering (y2j comedy gold), loved how Shane went straight for strowman

Can't see the intercon title going to raw but with Raw most likely losing the cruiserweights anything can happen

I've a funny feeling this won't be his last match, I think he'll win too but will involve Shenanigans and would be epic to have Rusev get involved and have him fued with Goldberg.

Would suck him just doing a one off match and if he actually was to fued and put Rusev over it would bring Ruaev back to the level he was at before being feed to Cena andd make him the perfect monster heel to hold the belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I've a funny feeling this won't be his last match, I think he'll win too but will involve Shenanigans and would be epic to have Rusev get involved and have him fued with Goldberg.

Would suck him just doing a one off match and if he actually was to fued and put Rusev over it would bring Ruaev back to the level he was at before being feed to Cena andd make him the perfect monster heel to hold the belt.

i can see brock/goldberg closing the show with brock getting invovled giving raw the win then shenanigans galore in the match.

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

Fantasy turned reality
    Goldberg’s Mega Match with Brock Lesnar may have been straight out of the WWE Universe’s collective fantasy, but how many people, even in their wildest dreams, saw Goldberg actually pulling it off? And how many among that group saw him pulling it off in under two minutes? The former World Heavyweight Champion has now cemented his status as The One Who Beat the One in 23-1, as well as the only man apart from John Cena to beat Lesnar twice in pay-per-view singles matches. But if he stays true to his word, the bout with The Beast Incarnate was “last” on his to-do list. Will Goldberg deliver an official farewell on Raw?

Last men standing
    Of all the twists and turns in the Raw vs. SmackDown LIVE 10-on-10 Traditional Tag Team Survivor Series Match, it doesn’t seem like anybody had Cesaro & Sheamus penciled in as the Sole Survivors at the end of their fantasy brackets after last eliminating the two-time Tag Team of the Year, The Usos. Likewise, nobody thought team captains The New Day would be eliminated by the same Usos about two minutes into the match, but there we are. However, the impressiveness of Cesaro & Sheamus’ performance, combined with The New Day’s gaffe, led Raw’s brain trust to sanction a Raw Tag Team Title Match between the two tandems for tonight. It’s fair to say the heavy-hitters turned a corner at Survivor Series; now, can they come through in the clutch against the suddenly-vulnerable champions?

Strong as its weakest link
    Raw’s Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair said for weeks that Bayley would be the “weak link” of the red brand’s Women’s Survivor Series team … and then The Huggable One went and won the match. By Bayley-to-Bellying SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, Bayley cemented herself and Charlotte as Raw’s Sole Survivors. The Queen was quick to put Bayley in her place after the match by beating her down, but were Bayley’s efforts at Survivor Series enough to merit a Raw Women’s Title opportunity?

List this!
    Shockingly, The List of Jericho didn’t play just a part in the 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Men’s Elimination Match; it was the direct cause of not one, but two eliminations — Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. First, Owens was disqualified after smashing AJ Styles over the head with The List to save Jericho. Then Jericho, in his despair over The List’s destruction, walked right into an RKO from SmackDown LIVE’s Randy Orton. But Jericho did look incredibly upset at his best friend before The Viper sent him to the showers. Forget making The List; could The List unmake Jeri-KO before all is said and done?

Give The Man his due
    Eyebrows were raised when Seth Rollins revealed he’d been recruited by Stephanie McMahon, of all people, to lend his talents to Team Raw. However, The Architect was quick to clarify that certain “assurances” had been made in exchange for his participation. Well, Team Raw’s Men’s squad lost at Survivor Series, and win, lose or draw, Rollins may well be coming to collect on Stephanie’s word tonight on Raw. Will the defeat nullify The Architect’s arrangement with Raw’s Commissioner? Or will the former WWE World Champion get what’s coming to him?

SKY SPORTS 5 @ 01:00

So a reward for Sheamus and Cesaro is to put them, who fought a long hard match, i a title match against New Day who pretty much had the night off last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So a reward for Sheamus and Cesaro is to put them, who fought a long hard match, i a title match against New Day who pretty much had the night off last night?

Hopefully another suprise tonight with New Day dropping the titles without breaking the record. Really makes no sense having this title match tonight if New Day are gonna retain yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Kevin Owens may start shining the belt up for GOLDBERG

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That was a fun crowd except for the minority of gob****es chanting You Screwed Bret.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I love it.

He's back and everyone is NEXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really hope they let New Day break that record. They've been the most consistently entertaining thing about WWE for over a year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really hope they let New Day break that record. They've been the most consistently entertaining thing about WWE for over a year.
    I disagree. I find their shtick has gotten tired, and I just want them to sod off. They 100% should have dropped the titles to Gallows and Anderson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The New Day can't even go full heel as they are to much of a tweener now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement